Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

I need some Help

Old 05-23-2014, 05:46 PM
BuckD

Question I need some Help

I have a 1977 mustang i pick up 3 years ago it is still a project sadly... I am having a vary hard time finding parts for it, it don't have a console center, it don't have a front windshield molding it has the top and bottom... I know this one is going to be hard to find but it don't have the radio i need a replacement cigarette lighter the person i bought it from snapped the handle off of it.. The owner disrespected the mustang by cutting the wires now i have to figure out where they go... not vary easy and i don't have any of the interior in the car so i may need more parts for that too no clue yet.. the wiring now does anyone have a wiring guild i can read lol i picked up a book from O'Reilly auto for the 1977 mustang it has a wiring guild but i cant read it really
Old 05-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Joe_5.0L

Default help

Try looking at Mustangs unlimited they have parts for all mustangs. I've purchased thru them & highly recomend them.

Joe
Old 06-05-2014, 08:08 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

I just looked all your parts on ebay man.

search one part at a time. ie 1977 mustang console ,leave out the term center,keep the search simple worded like that.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:03 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

try posting in the mustang 2 section, thread moved
Old 06-06-2014, 09:14 PM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

ebay or craigslist.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:26 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

A 77 Mustang is kinda "off the beaten path" as far as Mustang restoration goes. A ton of stuff out there for pre-74 and 79 and up Mustangs. Google some "Mustang Parts Stores", there are a ton out there and they are starting to make it to the main stream for those 74-78 models.

Luckily for you, the drive trains remained relatively unchanged from 64.5 to late 90s. So getting motor, transmission and rear end parts "should" be easy for you. It's that interior "stuff" that you're looking for that's only available for the Mustang II years. Try NPD as well, they have a great selection of stuff for Mustang IIs.

Post a pic or two as well. My first car (22 years ago) was a blue and white stripped 1976 Mustang II "Cobra II" in Hawaii. I loved that car and always go back to that period and smile when I see a well done Mustang II at a car show. Keep them alive...it seems like the collectors jumped from 1971 to 1979 and skipped all those great years of Mustangs. I'm starting to see more and more Fox bodied Mustangs at shows. I have been waiting for the 71-73s and the IIs at shows...but I never see any.

Maybe my next project will be another 76....

James
Old 06-09-2014, 09:40 AM
roystere

Have you joined any of the Mustang II pages on face book? You can also join the Mustang II Net for free at: www.mustangii.net

Lots of free expert advice at these locations and guys with extra parts as well.

Check out www.mustangiitech.net

Good luck!!

Search this Thread