Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Mustang II Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
BuckD

Vehicle: 1977 mustang 2 ghia
Question I need some Help

I have a 1977 mustang i pick up 3 years ago it is still a project sadly... I am having a vary hard time finding parts for it, it don't have a console center, it don't have a front windshield molding it has the top and bottom... I know this one is going to be hard to find but it don't have the radio i need a replacement cigarette lighter the person i bought it from snapped the handle off of it.. The owner disrespected the mustang by cutting the wires now i have to figure out where they go... not vary easy and i don't have any of the interior in the car so i may need more parts for that too no clue yet.. the wiring now does anyone have a wiring guild i can read lol i picked up a book from O'Reilly auto for the 1977 mustang it has a wiring guild but i cant read it really
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
BuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
Joe_5.0L

Vehicle: 1990 ford mustang gt
Default help

Try looking at Mustangs unlimited they have parts for all mustangs. I've purchased thru them & highly recomend them.

Joe
Joe_5.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
aode08
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 91 Mustang GT

I just looked all your parts on ebay man.

search one part at a time. ie 1977 mustang console ,leave out the term center,keep the search simple worded like that.

347 , 11:1 Compression,Knife Edged Lightened Crank,AFR 185,Ported Trick-flow Intake,Ford X-CAM,Under-drive pulleys,aluminum drive-shaft, 3:73 gears,Fender Cold Air Intake,Long tube headers,MSD Digital Ignition System
Lightened chassis.

451HP 439 FtLbTrq. mid 10 second car !
aode08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech

Vehicle: 85 mustang

try posting in the mustang 2 section, thread moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
racer_dave
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 Mustang Fastback

ebay or craigslist.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:26 AM   #6
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967, Ford, Mustang Fastback
James Musnicki
Send a message via AIM to musnicki

A 77 Mustang is kinda "off the beaten path" as far as Mustang restoration goes. A ton of stuff out there for pre-74 and 79 and up Mustangs. Google some "Mustang Parts Stores", there are a ton out there and they are starting to make it to the main stream for those 74-78 models.

Luckily for you, the drive trains remained relatively unchanged from 64.5 to late 90s. So getting motor, transmission and rear end parts "should" be easy for you. It's that interior "stuff" that you're looking for that's only available for the Mustang II years. Try NPD as well, they have a great selection of stuff for Mustang IIs.

Post a pic or two as well. My first car (22 years ago) was a blue and white stripped 1976 Mustang II "Cobra II" in Hawaii. I loved that car and always go back to that period and smile when I see a well done Mustang II at a car show. Keep them alive...it seems like the collectors jumped from 1971 to 1979 and skipped all those great years of Mustangs. I'm starting to see more and more Fox bodied Mustangs at shows. I have been waiting for the 71-73s and the IIs at shows...but I never see any.

Maybe my next project will be another 76....

James

Musnicki
musnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
roystere

Vehicle: 1978 Mustang II Mach 1

Have you joined any of the Mustang II pages on face book? You can also join the Mustang II Net for free at: www.mustangii.net

Lots of free expert advice at these locations and guys with extra parts as well.

Check out www.mustangiitech.net

Good luck!!
roystere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:40 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement