Is it worth it? - MustangForums.com

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Mustang II Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

Is it worth it?

Old 03-23-2015, 02:30 AM   #1
willpwn4food

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Taurus
Default Is it worth it?

Well first off, I'm new here so hey y'all. I'm not currently a mustang owner, but am looking into one currently. Lately I've been looking into them hard. Looking for a simple project I can work on over the years. Something with maybe a little rust but not something that needs a ton of sheetmetal shaped and welded etc. So a guy I know owns and restores mustangs... And has one he'd let go for 2750. It's a... I believe a 77 Cobra 2 with the 302 4-speed. Says it runs and drives. To get it home would be a 2-hour trek with it and said for 250 extra he'd change all the fluids and give it a good once-over to make sure it'll make the drive home. Tell me what you guys think... Worth it?

Click the image to open in full size.

willpwn4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
racer_dave
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 Mustang Fastback

Looks pretty solid. Places to check are the inner fender wells around the engine. They rust out and they don't make replacements for them. Also check the frame rails in front where the lower cross brace bolts in.

They do make floors for them now and rear quarter skins too if needed.

I think the 2750 is a bit high, but not by much. These are fun little cars, the only down side to them is so many rarer parts or parts for these cars only and there isn't much in the way of repop parts for them.
go to:

http://www.mustangii.net/forums/default.asp

There's more activity and a ton of info there on these cars and how to's on some cool mods.

So get some more info/pics. If it's solid, I'd say go for it.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #3
69mach1377
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 69 Mach1

Wild exhaust pipes...wonder what else is off
69Mach1 - warmed up 395W (AFR 185s) and broken POS Gforce T5 with hydraulic clutch, 3.5" Alum DS, 3.50:1 posi, rack&pinion/tilt, 235/50ZR17x8 front & 285/40ZR18x9 rear, American Racing Nova wheels, all MSD, Holley 750, custom paint, headlight relays, Shelby drop & 2" lower all around, Hotwheels Redline scale is 1 to 1.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v618/danaranda/69stang
69mach1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:23 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement