Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Best at show

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 12:48 AM
probepro

Default Best at show

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Just came back from the </SPAN><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1lace><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Chicago</SPAN></st1lace></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> auto show, and I’ve got to tell yeah, the 2005 Mustang GT is kick-***. Can't explain it, but this car looks so much better in real life. I had my doubts before, but no more. Those big four lights up front give it a tough rally look, and the tail lights look right at home. This Mustang doesn't look like it was designed to make the parts easy to assemble - no visible black gaskets or unnecessary body seams. The show car looked great in silver with a wide white stripe down the center of the hood and trunk. The hood and trunk are rather plain, and wouldn't look as good withoutthe stripe.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>The engine sits high in the bay, and looks really tough. The wheels are a brushed alloy I guess, which gives them a no-nonsense look without overwhelming the looks of the car. And the dash looks terrific</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"><FONT size=3>,</FONT></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> classy and sporty at the same time.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>A recent review in Autoweek praised the looks of this car, but you really do have to see it in person to appreciate the total package.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Oh yeah, there’s a 500 and 1000 watt factory sound system.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></SPAN></P>
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o></o></SPAN></P>
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">The other cars on my short list were the 350Z and Infiniti G35C.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I wish the Mustang had a few more of the creator comforts of the G35C, but it the looks department, the Mustang blows them away.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>It’s not even close.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Now if the mechanicals are as good as they’re saying, Ford really did right this time.</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o></o></SPAN></P>
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></SPAN></P>
Old 02-17-2004, 03:11 PM
hotrodman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Best at show

cool cant what to see them...
Old 03-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Doug McGill Jr.

Default RE: Best at show

I am really glad to hear it looks even better in real life.....i even like the way it looks in the pages of MM&FF...to hear it looks way better in real life is a relief. Thanks.