Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Car & Driver Ford Falcon article

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:26 AM
AussieMtrnme

Default RE: Car & Driver Ford Falcon article

And We dont really have any Vette;s in Australia, just like the mustang, We have no need for them. With the line
up of cars we have from aussie, korean and japanese car makers, we have plenty of better alternatives. The car makes
that are available are.... There are a couple of americans in there

Alfa Romeo
Audi
BMW
Chrysler
Daewoo
Ferrari
Au Ford
Honda
Holden
Hyundai
Jaguar
Kia
Lamborghini
Mazda
Mercedes-Benz
Mini
Mitsubishi
Nissan
Peugeot
Porsche
Rover
Saab
Subaru
Suzuki
Toyota
Volkswagen
Volvo

Plus, your forgetting one thing... We have one thing that America will most likly never have.
"The Nissan Skyline" Actually, you guys are getting the GT-R right? in spring 2008 i think...

but not the classics... http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/05/gtrr34_01.jpg
Old 09-10-2006, 11:23 AM
LILMike

Yea the GT-R I think hits are shores some time around 08 or 09. I don't think your average joes will be driving them though I heard their is suppose to be a high price tag to go with it.

So the Aussie engineers developed the LSx line or they just helped along with the development. I was always under the impression that the LSX engines were developed first for the Vette and they were obviously handed down to the brands that belonged to GM.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:11 PM
AussieMtrnme

The GT-R is around the $160k mark i think, Sure its a beautiful car... But they are not going to be available to %90 of the poulation which is a stupid move. The Skylines that
i am used to seeing can be picked up anywhere between the $15k to $60k mark, a second hand 1998 skyline is not an expensive car in australia, mainly because we imorted
to many of then over the last 10 years..

Regardless of the Gt-r's tag, my datsun will still slaughter it...

No, i think the Lsx was designed in The states. I know that there was alot of german influence in its development, but it remained an Americcan engine. We keep talking about
all of these Aussie and American engines. Its the Japanese engineered engines that are the real stunners. Japanese do make the best cars, we all know that, followed by the
germans. The english, they have had many claims to fame, koreans not so much, but they have alot of potencial and will become much better at what they do....

Have you driven the Hyandai Sanota and Azera? That azera has some ***** man. It gets goin when you drop your foot, im curious to what could be done with it with
afew simple mods, there is a guy in new york that wacked a turbo on one, im not to sure how that ended up...
Old 09-10-2006, 07:55 PM
LILMike

Oh I agree. The Japanese cars are sweet, Just am not really fond of them as I use to be. I've lately been taking a liking more in to the US, and German cars as of late. Mainly the Vettes, and Camaros is what got me in to the domestic cars.

I haven't really looked in to the Hyandai. I didn't know they had anything going on.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:16 PM
AussieMtrnme

Japanese cars really are in a class of their own, I used to be a fan of bigger cars. But i dont beleive that anyone should have
a car bigger then what they need. Global warming is a fact of life that nobody in this country seems to give two ****s about.
With the rate that it is progressing, it is now becomeing a factor that will affect my children, definetly my childrens children.

The japanese and koreans know this, they produce smaller cars, with smaller engines. That amazingly put out huge amounts
of power and torque considering the small amount of fuel that is consumed. True the cars are smaller, but they do make some
large cars that still do very well, The toyota camry for example.. incredible car, i love driving it.

My 1970 240Z is designed to do one thing, go really fast in a short amount of time. But with my ECU and onboard computer
sytem, with the touch of a button i can alternate the setup of the entire car from the engine, the the hydrolic air tuned suspension,
to adjust to Drag, Drift, Race, Or Road conditions. (ofcourse some mechanical changes are always required).

But that is not my every day driver, that would be unnecasary and in no way economical. I am working on another 240Z right now
that will be running either a turbo charged 4 cylinder, or even a rotary taken from a RX-8. Both can be very fuel efficiant unless
you put your foot down. Which i never do unless there is a checkered flag waiting for me at the finish..

I see people that live alone, have no wife, no kids, no dogs and no friends driving around in Hummers.. Totally selfish. Huge
ford F350's jacked up on monsterous wheels and insane suspension systems, but they never even see the dirt. These are
the things that really make me mad these days. I dont know how many times i have wanted to stick a potato in the exauhst
pipes and vinigar in the gas tanks of cars like that..
Old 09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AussieMtrnme

Mate, Again... If you dont know what your talking about, dont speak...

Go read a book and get your facts straight, Your talking ****. Are you aware that the
boss 290 is being built on Ford Australia's first V8 production line? After being designed in
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia. How do i know? Because a mate that works with ford was one
people that worked on it...

Idiot, stop talking ****...

After witnessing comments like, "Falcon is a Pontiac, and Australia is still using Leaded Fuel"
its as apparent that Americans know absolutly nothing about the word outside of their own.
Go back to your ****ty Mustangs, its the poor mans sports car, One of the most overrated
car i have ever driven.

Idiot...
You, sir........need to take a pill and calm down. 95% of Americans don't have a clue about Australian made cars, so some ignorance in this subject is going to be par for the course. I myself didn't know much about the Falcon platform until a couple of years ago when I did some research on the web about them and their history. And we aren't necessarily the only ppl on this planet that are behind in our Australian automotive knowledge. I have a friend that hails from Germany and a co-worker from Brazil that knew even less about FPV or Holden than I did when I brought the subject up a few months ago. Australia's auto industry has just been under the radar for a very long time......so don't get so pissed because someone doesn't happen to know as much as you do about it. That would be like me expecting someone from Japan to understand the legacy of the Plymouth Barracuda. As many ppl in this country know what you mean when you talk about a Hemi 'Cuda, it doesn't pass intelligently that everyone in the world shares that knowledge.

But coming in here and insulting everyone and their dedication to the mustang hobby isn't gonna win you any supporters. I appreciate you bringing the uneducated up to speed about Australia's automotive legacy, but you don't have to be such an elitist b*tch about it. Nor do I believe you speak for all Australians in this matter. I happen to know for a fact that there's a huge fan following for the mustang and the corvette in Australia. Obviously you've never been to any of the National Concours down there if you believe Australians have no use for or infatuation with the Mustang. Try going to one and telling the fellas you meet that they're wasting their time on those American junkyards and see how fast you get booted.

Now, getting back on track here.........before your total beatdown on anyone that doesn't know every detail of Australian automotive history, I'm very aware of the quality and performance of the products that Ford Au, Holden, and FPV are pushing out nowadays. Read my earlier posts in here.........I'd LOVE to have a GT-P sitting in the garage next to my GT right now. Unfortunately, the chances of such a finely crafted automobile making it (with its quality and performance intact) to the U.S. shores is minimal at best. The big auto union culture that is stubbornly deep-rooted in this country is the main reason U.S. manufacturer's have such a hard time turning out decent products these days. Until something happens to change that, the big 3 U.S. carmakers will continue to suffer in their profit earnings.

In closing, I just want to say that everyone has the right to express their own opinion. But their is a fine line between being the voice of descent, and being a flamer when you come in here yelling at everyone. I'm sorry if you're having such a sh**ty time dealing with Americans and all of our stupidity. No one is holding a gun to your head to live here. And since this is a forum website dedicated to the mustang hobby, I'd refrain from voicing your opinions about them in such an immature manner:

Go back to your ****ty Mustangs, its the poor mans sports car, One of the most overrated
You don't like them, that's fine. But I didn't see anyone trashing any Australian-made cars in this thread, so you are way off base with your insults mate. Just remember, your homeland is just a plane ticket away..........don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. I'm done.