Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Listen up Stang Owners....

Old 05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Hiker
1st Gear Member

Default Listen up Stang Owners....

This news will affect everyone with a Stang at one time or another and it has to brought to Ford's attention.

Has anyone else gotten their June Mustang Monthly? I thought I saw this on MSN or some other news site, but discounted it. Now I read in the Hoofbeats Column (letter from the editor on page 10) that it is definitely true. Ford is attempting to sue EVERY company using the Ford, Mustang, Pony and Stang name to the tune of $100,000. I don't care what the name of the companies I buy parts from is called, but I don't want the prices of my parts to go up. And I don't want any of them to go out of business because they can't afford this. Some companies have parts I'd hate to see disappear.

We all know Ford is not doing real good business wise but to take it out on the little guys that keep the Ford hobby going just to help there bottom end, SUCKS.

The slim bag law firm handling this is Howard, Phillips, and Andersen in Salt Lake City.

It's time to take 10 minutes from your busy days and write Ford and let them know how you feel about this...and not an email..e-mails are worth about 1/10000th what a real letter is.

The address below is Ford CS...

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

What kind of possible damages could they be arguing? It's these aftermarket providers and hobbyists who keep their brand in such a positive light - which translates into future sales (not to mention a good used market for their cars which also helps them when it comes to turning new ones over).

Now, take any possible damages you can come up with in that argument and take it against ONE new car sale, let alone hundreds or even thousands from this audience. Does the lawsuit seem worth it now?

Is Ford really in such bad shape that they're becoming copyright trolls?

Well.....thay lost one sale in this household... time to look for another car for my wife instead of a new 500.

Think about it guys........this nonsense will most likely affect the name of this site too...

Thanks for your time...