Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2007 Nissan GTR vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 07:50 PM
YouGiveMeRash!!!
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Nissan GTR vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

I'm sorry to admit, but I'd take a new GTR over any fully built super duper mustang any day....call me crazy, but even over a Z06. I sat in an R34 which was only modded "mildly" and it was insane! The handling, the sound, the look, speed, it's just crazy. The AWD system in the Skyline is legendary. I know this new GTR is going to be great. Nissan wouldn't destroy the Skyline name with a crappy car.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:09 AM
4.6GT~03
1st Gear Member

I was reading one of the big car magazines (dont remember which one) and they asked the question what will the GTR have to beat when it comes to america? They came up with the answer of the Porsche 911 Turbo, having the skyline beat the Z06 and the GT500. While I find this hard to believe, if it is true we will never hear the end of it.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
GStypeR

i hate having to put all of yall pony heads down, but the new 2008 GTR is 480hp with the turbos set at 10psi(from the factory), btw it has a boost controler in it so that the owner can turn it up the second that they get off of the lot... they've only got it set to 10psi so that can sell it in the U.S. its going to be capable of around 22-26psi stock, nissan isn'tdumb like most of yall think they've builtthis car so that without changing any of the stock parts on this car it can handle anywhere from 770-860hp (720-815whp)<-STOCK (of course with the right tune), hahaha,sooooo, with all that said, us "RICERS"(those of us lucky & welthy enough to own one) WILL be walking all over your sorry "shelby GT500" so i say "BRING IT ON"

one more thing i realize that the majority of yall are bias to the "musle" cars, but if yall are going to have a thread about something like this PLEASE do your research on both of the cars that the thread is refering to before you go and run your mouths about a car that yall know little to nothing about at all, other then the fact that its an "import... and give respect where its deserved, because i respect that a mustang built the right way "could" beat my turbo teg, but that hasn't happened yet.... but the day that it does belive me, im not just gonna walk off saying "oh, he got lucky", "its still a POS mustang", ya get what im trying to say??? im gonna sit there and be like "DAMN thats one fast son of a b!#*h". so yeah thats all IMO of course...

Thanks for reading all the way through this long *** post and not being all like "F!#k THOSE RICERS", because not all of us are "ricers" most of us are carenthusiest's (yes, mostly imports) like you and your mustangs...belive me we(import lovers)as a group hate it just as much if not more so then you do, to see a riced out civic or 240sx with the 10 foot tall wing on the back, its like if somebody just took a baseball bat to your car and your forced to watch, and you have no say in it...

PS ^^^^ it sucks!!

thanks,
-Jordan
Old 03-30-2007, 07:29 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

GStypeR

one more thing i realize that the majority of yall are bias to the "musle" cars, but if yall are going to have a thread about something like this PLEASE do your research on both of the cars that the thread is refering to before you go and run your mouths about a car that yall know little to nothing about at all,

Welcome to the forum. I respect your opinion, as even though this is your first post and you are here to defend the GTR, and have not started blasting away with 4 letter words, and I appreciate that, I must point out a flaw in your presentation.

The same as the Camaro club, the GTR, IS NOT OUT YET. there are no hardcore numbers or times anywhere, because it's not on the road. You basically have stated your opinion on what you THINK will be.

That being said, what do you think the price of the GTR will be? if it comes like you say it will, we're talking 60 - 80k easy. At first, there will be dealer markups, but when that passes, it will be 20 - 40k more than a GT500. IF things stay like you say.

More than likely it will not be like you say.I am not going to speculate on whatit might ormight not be, let's just wait. No use arguing and throwing words around, on the internet of all places. But if you wish to make argument:

take that 20 grand you saved buying the GT500 and it would rape the GTR. I mean really. Or you could get a GT, yes, a Ford GT that would destory it regardless.

Now the 20 grand into a GT500 and the Ford GT are proven machines. The camaro and gtr are not. When they hit the streets, we shall see. Until then, just relax.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:26 AM
GStypeR

just passing on the information to yall

"The new Nissan GTR will come weighing in at 1390kg or 3058 pounds(unless Evo Spec not weighed at this point in time, mostly Carbon Fiber). The engine for the Nissan GTR had been decided once the car had finished testing. A VQ32DETT generating an 480ps @ 7,200rpm, 58.0kg/m @ 5,200rpm. The newly redesigned Nissan GTR's VQ32DETT powerplant will be capable of 1.86-2bar (27-29psi) from the factory, tuned down for the overconfident U.S. market,to a .69bar (10psi)factory tune,The transmission was chosen as well, a standard6 speed manual transmission,and an optional7 speed Getrag sequential transmission, which is sure to be overpowering. The Nissan GTR will be a 2 door coupe, with 4 bucket seats(Recaro), and will be availible in both left and right hand drive applications (buyers choice)."

Thanks for reading and not bashing
-Jordan
cough cough my turbo gsr teg could take it cough.. lol, jk, NO WAY IN HELL!!
Old 03-31-2007, 04:03 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Still pretty pointless. The GT500 and the Skyline GTR are about as much in the same category as the Mustang GT and WRX STI.......two totally different approaches to performance for two totally different types of enthusiasts. Sorry, but tis true.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 PM
32valveRom

Well, I heard Japanese automakers have this thing where theycan't build a street car past some like 300hp. Looking at their top cars,Nsx, TT supra, 350Z, Sti. I would be surprised if they came out with 400hp. But, like dude said earlier. Rumors are rumors. And I don't see anything wrong with recent RB26
Old 04-20-2007, 05:34 AM
TCStang05

ORIGINAL: zarins04stang

what i want to know is how a RX8 1.3 liter engine makes close to 240 hp and my 04 mustang 3.9 liter makes only 193! HOW DAMN IT! DAMN THEM IMPORT MAKERS! ok now im juss hating

Well does it make you happier to know that Ford owns Mazda?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:29 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

That is pic of what the real GT-R will look like. Obviously, it is pretty much in the final stages of development, if they are testing the car on American publis roads. That photo was taken at a gas station in Arizona. When it comes in early-mid 2008 it's expected to start somewhere in the mid $60k's. Drivetrain will be a twin turbod3.8l V6 expected to be codenamedVQ38HRTT. Power output is expected to be at least 450hp, with 475-485 more likely, and hinted at by people on the inside. Torque is expected to still be well into the 400's. Max engine is likely to be 7800-ish rpm. Of course it will be AWD. No word yet on whether it feature Nissan's four-wheel-steering technology. A true 6-speed manual will be standard, and there is talk of a paddle-shift sequential tran being offered. Brakes will be Brembos at least 14", althoughnoone knows if ceramic ones will be offered. As w/ previous GT-R's, the tuning potential will be practically limitless. The RB26DETT that powered the previous models could easily support 600 hp on stock internals, and the new engine will be no different. Aftermarket support will also be huge. Suspension was co-developed w/ Lotus at the Nurburgring. Pretty much all the info I can give you guys. But like everyone else has said, the GT-R and GT500 will be vastly different machines. I'd personally take the GT-R any day, even over a Z06 or Viper. To each his own.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:32 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chris94stang

Well something that you have to realize is that the gtr is built and enginered for fast acceleration and the gt500 is mostly power and top speed so of course the gtr is going to be turbocharged. if it was super charged it would only push like 300-350 so mustang hands down
Okay, considering the 350Z's engine, the VQ35HR makes 306hp normally aspirated, and the GT-R's engine will be larger displacement than that, I'm sure it'd have more than350 hp if were supercharged. Silly newb.[&:]

Quick Reply: 2007 Nissan GTR vs. 2007 Shelby GT500