Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Camaro/Challenger Concept No-More

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 03:29 PM
04Mach1DD
2nd Gear Member

Default Camaro/Challenger Concept No-More

Today alot of metro det. area buildings were evacuated due to threats. I met up with some frieds from collage and started asking about the GT 500. Us all being in performance cars but split up 3 different ways at collage, i told them what the genral public knows. I then asked about what GM plans to do. All of you seem to think that, well since gm is poor they dont have any money to make the camaro. well just to let you know gm rules all. They WILL MAKE THE CAMARO, RSVP around $25-$30. Then asked my roomate about the challenger. It plans to be released in 2008, and when i say "plans" i mean it WILL. Thats really all that i was toold about them. they wont be what you guys saw online, or at the autoshow as far as interior because thats being changed alot, ext. not changing much. So now Ford has nothing to battle with against these machines.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Camaro/Challenger Concept No-More

Are these friends of yours working for GM and Dodge? You didn't really say why your friends would know anything more than the average joe about the Challenger and Camaro. I'm kind of confused, it looks like you typed your post in a hurry
Old 05-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Lord Ashram
2nd Gear Member

RSVP? What, is the Camaro writing back to you saying it can come to your party?

This is a pointless post so far.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:29 AM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

I highly doubt they would change the challenger design after it had much success with LOTS of people liking it. I am not much of a Mopar man myself (their Rams are kick *** though), but hell...I would LOVE to have a new challenger in my garage when they are finally released.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:58 AM
Remove_Before_Flight

I'll believe it when I see it, Comparing a 2005-2006 Mustang with cars that haven't even seen a production line...is like matching up a Av-8B and a F-35 JSF...older technology vs. Current. I think that when and if Dodge and GM put their new 2007-2008 muscle cars on the line, they'll have plenty of competition from Fords 2007-2008 Stang. You just can't compare something that is only possible data
Old 05-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Dan66Stang
2nd Gear Member

Not to sound like a jackass, but please explain what "collage" you went to. Its spelled c-o-l-l-e-g-e. And besides, I believe the Camaro concept will change quite a bit. Not only on the inside, but I think the exterior will change a lot.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:27 AM
02MustangV6DD
4th Gear Member

1, yes one friend works for GM racing, the other for Chrysler.
2. sorry i am a horrible speller and type too fast, msrp
3. There changing almost nothing on the outside and only a few things inside(new optiopns)
4. tell me what ford has to compair with, gt is too underpowered and out performed, and the GT500 is way too much, and more of a Super-Muscle car. The only chance they still have is Saleen/Roush.
5. Ferris, Lawrence Tech, UTI, out-side wiell have things changd that will make the car more normale compared to the ones at the aotoshow's.
By the way i got to drive one of these "POS" that all the people on here keep trashing, and its faster then any gt, mach 1. Even though i have been a Ford Guy al my life, i have to give it credit.

HAS ANYONE HAD A PROBLEM LOGGING ON?
Old 05-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

rsvp and msrp? lol

ford could easily tune-up the current GT's to be in the range of the V8 camaro and challengers when they finally DO come out....or they could start making them with an optional 5.4L.....theres a lot of things ford could do to compete.....dont put the nails in the coffin when these cars are still years away......theres no need for ford to do a damn thing until these cars are being sold to people......
Old 05-16-2006, 06:22 AM
trevman2

I yam not reeding yur post anymor. The mispeelings confus me. And peepel wunder why owr collages suck?

P.S.-spellings above done on purpose
Old 05-16-2006, 09:09 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

There is no way the camaro is gonna be $25-$30000 with 400 hp. I just dont see it happening. It will be mid 30's by the time it comes out, if at all. As for the challenger, the 425 hp version will be over $40000..just look at what srt8 chargers are going for..and they are supposed to be limited in production from what Ive read.

Quick Reply: Camaro/Challenger Concept No-More