Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

fast and furious

Old 06-22-2006, 03:04 PM
ih8ricers

Default fast and furious

so whats your guy's opinion on that movie and idiots stuffing a ricer engine in a mustang?? and why the hell do they have a mustang drifting anyways??
Old 06-22-2006, 03:54 PM
rwh129
4th Gear Member

Default RE: fast and furious

Didn't see it, and wont.
I can't believe you paid to watch that movie
Old 06-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

A) Go see Cars - no mustangs, but it's a fun movie.

B) Mustangs have actually been winning drift competitions lately. Someone posted a link to a website with info on it a while back, I don't remember it offhand though. They're apparently very good platforms for that style of driving.

C) I haven't seen any Fast and the Furious since the first one, which I thought was a giant turd, minus a couple of high point that were far from strong enough to carry the movie.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:15 PM
C~RA!

I thought it was an awesome movie. I have seen it three times. The skyline engine in the mustang was wierd. I don't even think it would fit and the pipe they put on the stang was stupid and way to ricey for the stang. The drifting was awesome and it had some what of a plot. I think it was an awesome movie. The RX-7 with the wide body kit was pretty sick (Han's car)
Old 06-23-2006, 12:39 AM
adamsbomb

its called a veilside rx-7
Old 06-23-2006, 12:54 PM
05mineral6

ORIGINAL: ih8ricers
and why the hell do they have a mustang drifting anyways??
wow... Mustangs have been destroying the competition in drift lately. pretty much all domestics have. I think a viper came in 3rd for the national championship.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
NORTON98
2nd Gear Member

The white guy made the movie...the story line was cheesy but that white is a good actor!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:26 PM
stangmpf

i actually liked the movie. i just appreciate fast cars regardless of domestic or import. and you have to admit those guys were freaking good as drivers. i mean the stuntmen ofcourse.

the skyline engine in mustang was only a gimmick for the movie, it was actually a v8. but i wouldn't mind, love the mustangs but that is the best engine in the world.

that movie also pumped me up to go and drift right after. fun as hell

Old 06-24-2006, 09:25 PM
stangstrong

yeah there are 3 new mustangs 2 vipers and a pontiac gto that are in the american formula D competition and there are 2 new mustangs and a 69 chev camaro that drifts in japans D1 grand prix, mopar sponsors one of the vipers (it won the first championship cup). as for stuffing an sr20det V6 under an old mustangs hood well thats another issue, the fabricatiors had to remove a turbo to get the engine to fit in the engine compartment but that was only for show for any drifting scenes in the movie they used a good old windsor V8.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I actually liked all 3 movies. Only thing that bothers me is ruining tires. I never of Drift Racing until this movie. Yes, I must have been locked up for awhile to miss out on this. Why is it when someone dont believe what could happen in a movie that its cheesy or just plain dumb? It's hollywood. I don't take everything serious in the movies. It's only a movie.

The movie also got me pumped up after it was over. I was like,"Buckle Up, Honey. Its time to race."

You can tell who saw the movie when you got out into the parking lot. They are reving up their cars and pulling out fast.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fast and furious