Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

The fight against CHEVY. .PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:16 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: The fight against CHEVY. .PLEASE HELP

ORIGINAL: 97GT19

lol ford owns chevy like crazy....id rather have a ford gt and a mustang than a camaro and a vette..but yeah anyways there is a bunch of slogans for chevy i just cant think of any lol..but yeah those firebirds camaros trans am might be fast..but mustangs look so much better and they arent that much slower. plus if u really care enough about speed u cvan spend a grand and make it just as fast..
Please show how that is done I guess if you put enough nitrous on it, it might be almost as fast.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 PM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

Hes a fan-boy anyway...every company has certain things that they suck at or should improve on. PERIOD/END OF DISCUSSION!
Old 08-03-2006, 01:57 AM
soccersims2009

Hey I have a question, i just got my first car, it is a 2000 ford mustang V6!!! And i was wondering how long it will last, bc it has alot of miles 157,789 to be exact!! How long do u expect my car to last, how long does the average 2000 mustang V6 usually last, and how long do u expect my car, with this many miles to last? The body and interior of the car is in basically perfect shape!!! I really appreciate you for helping me, and taking the time to answer my questions!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:57 PM
5.0LitreSN95
2nd Gear Member

you should post that question on its own, not add it on to an existing thread with next to nothing in common with what your asking... I'm not insulting just advising... that way you'll get better results
Old 08-09-2006, 04:57 AM
NORTON98
2nd Gear Member

Hey I have a question, i just got my first car, it is a 2000 ford mustang V6!!! And i was wondering how long it will last, bc it has alot of miles 157,789 to be exact!! How long do u expect my car to last, how long does the average 2000 mustang V6 usually last, and how long do u expect my car, with this many miles to last? The body and interior of the car is in basically perfect shape!!! I really appreciate you for helping me, and taking the time to answer my questions!!!

Pour guy...not to dem dar smert he is...
Old 08-10-2006, 01:54 PM
1975ssnova
1st Gear Member

You guys crack me up ! Ford and chevy both have good and bad things about them.Always did always will. To many people talk smack,I say take it to the track and settle it! If you think your faster than prove it. Dont come on here running your mouth about how your stang will smoke my camaro or i will put you in your place. **** my 1975 ss nova will take care of most street cars and it is only putting alittle over 400HP to the rear wheels and 411FTLB TQ.Yes i do have the dyno sheet to prove it. And it is all motor! And I built it myself for just over $2500.00 in my basement.I drive it to the track and back home because i have that much trust in the car.WHY WOULDNT I ITS A CHEVY.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Pig Pen

ORIGINAL: callahan

Camaro- never make it back into production,
http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...=2&docid=27934

You want some ketchup with those words?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:35 PM
hwy1strat
2nd Gear Member

I like all domestic cars but here are some
ford- fastest on race day
gmc-general maintenence corporation

AUDI: Accelerates Under Demonic Influence

BMW: Bought My Wife, Break My Windows, Blasphemos Motorized Wreck

BUICK: Big Ugly Import Car Killer

CHEVROLET: Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long Extended Trips, Cracked Heads Every Valve's Rotten Oil Leaks Every Time, Car Hesitates Exhaust Valve Rattle Oil Leaks Engine Ticks

CHEVY: Cheap Hick Engine Very Yucky

DODGE: Dead Or Dying Garbage Emitter, Drips Oil Drops Grease Everywhere

FIAT: Failure In Automotive Technology, Feeble Italian Attempt at Transportation, Fix It Again Tony

HYUNDAI: How Your Usual Nerd Drives An Import

IROC: I'd Rather Own a Corvette, It's Really Only a Camaro, Italian Retard Out Cruising

MOPAR: Miscllaneous Oddball Parts Assembles Rediculously, Most Often Passed At Races, Mostly Old Parts And Rust, My Old Pig Ain't Runnin

OLDS: Old Lemons Dying Slowly

OLDSMOBILE: Old Ladies Driving Slowly Make Others Infuriatingly Late Every Day

PINTO: Put In Nickel To Operate

VW: Virtually Worthless

BEETLE: Battered Everywhere Expect To Loose Engine

Old 08-31-2006, 02:52 AM
Bish
2nd Gear Member

I'm not so much a brand fan as thnink I am more a model fan. I have certain requirements that have to be met in a vehicle. I play rock and roll music and need a vehicle to haul my drum gear to and from each gig. (We play almost every weekend.) For that need, I've owned several vans and SUVs. I've owned a '76 Chevy van, a 1980 Ford Bronco, a '90 Dodge mini van, an '84 Ford Bronco, even a '98 Dodge Durango and a few more, averaging a different vehicle about every 2 years. [:-] My last truck was a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT. I loved it. Best vehicle I had to date. I leased it and the lease expired this year. I wasn't ready to get rid of it. But since I was replacing it, I decided to give Ford another try. The Explorer didn't compare to the TBlazer in quality or comfort or value. The body panels didn't line up. The dealer salesperson said yeah it was a problem. So needless to say I went back and got a new 2006 TB. I tried to buy an Explorer but the product and dealer discouraged the transaction.

For the most part, quality and expectations on all my vehicles were all met and exceeded. My '98 Ford Explorer developed transfer case problems and since both dealers in my area coulnd't fix the problem, when the lease was up I left the truck there and walked away. I then tried out the Dodge Durango. That was the worst of the bunch for quality. Brand never really was the issue as long as they could haul band gear. In 1999 we decided to try motorcycling. In the spring we bought a 1500V Twin Kawaski from my bass players motorcycle shop. By the fall we'd sold that for a 2000 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Classic. It has a very close resemblance to the Mustang in that they both can break your bank account with accessorizations. [:@]

I now own a 2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible. My wife and I decided to get rid of our Harley for many reasons and decided to indulge ourselves into the "sports car/ convertible" realm. When you think sports cars and convertibles what do you think of? ME? Mustang. What did my wife think of? Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc...you get my drift. We test drove everything. I sat in a MB and said out loud, "In my wildest dreams did I ever think I would sit in a Benz let alone take one for a test drive." We drove them all and liked every one except the Porsche. Wife didn't like it as well as the others. So then you look at features, appearance and price. All good looking and all around $50,000 to about $75,000 USD. To that, I would have thought they would have cost more. So even the price wasn't scaring us away.

The trick was, we drove the Mustang first. Then we drove the others. Sat down one night and looked over all the data. Pound for pound and dollar for dollar the Mustang ruled. After a few days we decided (she begrudgingly) on the Mustang. (why do I have an odd feeling this isn't over?) Maybe because she didn't like the 5 sp manual transmission? Oh, I guess I didn't think that would be a big deal for her. ... or did I?

So a week later, you people will NOT believe this. .... are you ready?... she comes home with a 2004 BMW Z4 convertible. Oh and one more thing....it was an automatic. So now we have his and hers verts.

So I hope this doesn't alienate me since I'm not a die hard Ford fan. If it came to repair experiences, I probably wouldn't buy another Ford. But for the Mustang...I'll gladly make an exception.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Cheapest Heap Ever Visioned Yet

Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips

Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time

Quick Reply: The fight against CHEVY. .PLEASE HELP