Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

The fight against CHEVY. .PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: The fight against CHEVY. .PLEASE HELP

ORIGINAL: Apollo240

Camaros look great, Firebirds look better. Mustangs look good, as far as speed goes, yea the Camaros and Trans Ams are generally faster, but it depends driver and which model. Of course a 03 Cobra will spank a 02 Z28. An SS will Spank a GT. As far as stock for stock an 02 Z28 vs. an 02 GT, yea the Z beats it by almost half a second, your comparing 300 horse's to 260 along with weight differences too. The Mach 1 is an awsome match for the SS or Firehawk. I believe new for new they are the same price, and that is a DRIVERS race, they both also got around the same power, and both look amazing. It does however seem GM normally has the upper hand, and I know plenty of Mustang drivers who will admit it. Just because someone dont like the car, dont mean its a piece of **** nor does it make it slow. The LS and LT series are awsome engines, the DOCH 32-valve is amazing too. Sorry to say but the Mustang GT and v6 are like the civics of the American world, they are everywhere, they all sound the same, and most are slow as hell, once in a while you come across a fast one. If it were not for the Mach and the Cobra, Mustang would be SCREWED. Again, I DRIVE A MACH 1

you left out 2005 GT's They run just about same as mach1's. They mod pretty damn well too.

What about the lil SRT-4's that run around ehh?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Apollo240

Lol at least you admit hes a terrible drive, yea it would feel good to say I beat a Mach lol. The new GTs are close but I was able to beat one. I think its more of a drivers race, but I believe the Mach has the upper hand. As far as Trans Ams and Z28's go, they been running 13.8's with LT1's, the LS1's were pushing with the Machs and Cobra's(not supercharged). Every time I go to the local drag strip, I usually see the GM's tossing around the Stangs like rag dolls. Im talking stock for stock most of the time. The GM's are not something to blow off as slow junk. You gotta respect them.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:27 PM
85lebaront2
1st Gear Member

Well, I was going to insert some items, but Archion beat me to it. I have had vehicles from all of the big 3 and 1 independent along with 2 different imports. I had 2 GM RWD diesel cars a 1978 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale and a 1980 Pontiac Bonneville Brogham. Before that I owned a 1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire. I currently have 2 Corvairs (for sale) a 1964 Monza and a 1965 Corsa. I have had 3 Ford pickups, a 1958, a 1977 and my current one a 1986. I have had 2 Falcons, a 1964 and a 1970 1/2, one Mustang, actually a Shelby GT350. I have 4 Chrysler LeBarons, 1985, 1986, and 2 1989s One of the 89s and the 85 and 86 are convertibles, I have had an Omni and a Horizon and 2 Dodge Caravans. I have had a 1955 Packard Patrician and a Jaguar and a Mercedes-Benz. All companys have good and bad points, what one person likes another doesn't. I personally can not stand Chevy V8 engines, they are a pain to work on as are Mopar V8s. Ford has also had some winners, plug changes on a Mustang 428 CJ with manual transmission and thermactor system comes to mind. I buy what I like from manufacturers. If you notice, I have no Asian vehicles. I like Chysler's FWD vehicles, I liked GM's RWD diesels when they built them and Ford RWD gas cars and Ford pickups. What we all need to do is support the American manufacturers against the imports.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:17 PM
ChevyBarracks

How does this grab ya fellas? If you want to drive a real vehicle then you would switch to a chevrolet. Anyone who knows half a **** about automobiles know that this is chevy country. On a quiet night, you can even hear a ford rust! I live in the land of ice and snow in the northern most part of Minnesota, and nobody i know is dumb enough to think about driving a ford. Only a true chevy vehicle makes it through the conditions up there. Get out and trade your p.o.s.'s in and get into a real vehicle NOW!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:34 AM
SSFenris
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChevyBarracks

How does this grab ya fellas? If you want to drive a real vehicle then you would switch to a chevrolet. Anyone who knows half a **** about automobiles know that this is chevy country. On a quiet night, you can even hear a ford rust! I live in the land of ice and snow in the northern most part of Minnesota, and nobody i know is dumb enough to think about driving a ford. Only a true chevy vehicle makes it through the conditions up there. Get out and trade your p.o.s.'s in and get into a real vehicle NOW!
ok, the bouncer is SO FIRED! First I read a rant by a ricer idiot, and now this? SHEESH!! It says MUSTANG on the top of the page, right? I'm not bashing GM, Dodge, Honda, Hyundai, or whatever (ok, maybe a little). My real problem is idiots that give every specialty niche a bad name... like this guy here, and that ricer punk that got all butt-hurt that we made fun of ricers. The Mustangers have 'em too, don't get me wrong. Anyone who put Altezza taillights on a Mustang qualifies as a ricer... and people who make blanket statements about ANY manufacturer qualify as idiots. Every vehicle fills it's own niche, that's why we have so many different ones. I love Mustangs, don't get me wrong, but I also appreciate Camaros, Vettes, Firebirds, GTOs (ugly as it is), even 350Zs... My point is, if you can't joke in good fun, keep your mouth shut.

And now back to your regularly scheduled flamer - oops, I mean flamewar
Old 12-09-2006, 04:27 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I'm not one to start s**t.......but of all the domestic fanboys.......GM ones are the cockiest. I am surrounded by them at work. Funny thing is, they rag on me about my 2 mustangs (eh-hem............Fords), but.......

The ones who have had their GM cars/trucks for more than 4 years have to have the hood up on them at least once every week or every other week (some almost everyday). The rest of the gum-flappers trade their trucks in for a new GMC or Chevy every year or two. Yet here I am with a 9 year old mustang that has been through hell and back.........has never spent even a minute in the shop for any kind of repair....and has never had the hood up for anything other than regular maintenance. But YEA..........my Ford must be a real POS compared to their mighty GM's. Go jerk off in someone else's toilet dudes.........fanboys never change ANYONE'S mind.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:20 PM
88gtstang

Questions I have for the chevy die-hards. If the camero/firebird is such a great car wouldn't they still be making them?
Old 12-24-2006, 08:34 PM
1990_canadian_cobra

Both my friends have 89 Trans Am GTA's with 350's and auto tranny. Last Spring we went to a local race strip with them and my 1990 GT Cobra with a 302. They always made fun of me saying my car was not as fast as there trans ams becausethey had 350's. Well, three runs later niether one could touch me, i beat them by half a secondeverytime, and all three cars are bone stock. Sure showed those guys.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:36 PM
pigmie
1st Gear Member

i have respect for all american cars

but expecially ford
Old 12-27-2006, 02:25 AM
mcgyvertech
1st Gear Member

Listen guys, here's the deal. They say, 'Ford- found on road dead!' I say 'First On Race Day!' They say 'F***ed - Over Rebuilt Dodge!' I say ' Found On Road Doing 135!' They say, 'have you ever gone that fast in yer li'l Stang?' I say 'Hell Yeah!' They shut up.

Quick Reply: The fight against CHEVY. .PLEASE HELP