Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford going under??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 11:06 PM
SideWinder717

Default Ford going under??

Hey, I hear a lot of stuff about how bad Ford has it in sales and such right now. Rumor has it they will go under in a matter of just a few years. Does anyone else think this or got any info to fill me in? I'm sure the SUV line is suffering because of gas prices. Has any heard anything about discontinuing any cars?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:35 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford going under??

With gas prices coming down, and projections of 4 to 5 years out having it only be $1 to $1.50 a gallon, I believe all the US auto makers are in for some major profit gains. I'd guess the suffering sales will be coming to end and production will pick back up. The muscle car war is back and will be in full swing by 2010... and with the cheap gas prices coming back... The future is looking pretty damn good for them right now...

If this oil find is for real and there is more like it down there, There's some serious growth for the US ahead!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Hahaha. Gas back down to $1.50? Never again.

NOT that I don't want that. Hell yeah that'd rock. But on the same note we, sadly, NEED high gas prices. Americans are the most forgetful creatures of the animal kingdom. Remember all the protest and crying about high gas prices when it was only $2.50/gal let alone now being $3? All the crying out about NO MORE LARGE ENGINES and all the protests of SUV's being the vehicle of the devil? Yeah all that good stuff.

Soon as gas goes back under $2/gal people will instantly forget that. And when it jacks back up.... you see the cycle forming.

We really do need to have all automakers, American especially, making more conservative and efficient vehicles for a change. As well as alternative fuel options. Hydrogen is as safe as our current configurations. "But the Hindenburg was filled with hydrogen" yeah well its outer fabric was coated in gun powder. In sunny landscapes one could use solar pannels to produce the engery needed for hydrogen cells, mountanous or hilled regions one could use wind turbines. Both for vehicle and for household needs.

Oil will obviously not be here forever, and prices will be rising despite the recent gulf coast discovery. And despite Canada's drilling (an oil field to rival the Mid East, actually), and the oil fields in Mexico. Oil doesn't just go to the US, it goes on a global market to the highest bidder. And China is having a BOOMING economy development and high demand for oil. So $1/gal will not be happening ever again. Those days are sadly over. But as much as I miss cheap gas high prices will make for better vehicles out of necessity.

And on top of that the refineries can only produce so much gas at a time. Even if we took all the oil in the mid east, barreled up and dropped on the refineries doorsteps. They won't produce gas any faster.

Even if the oil companies are making record profits, but that's a discussion all on its own.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:18 PM
LILMike

I just seen something on the business channel of CNN talking about what could be done to bring Ford out of its hole. The way alot of the analsyst made it sound like Ford could be in this situation for a while (2 to 3 years) but one of the guys on there stated that Bill Ford stepping down as CEO (I think thats what he stepped down from right?) was the smartest move for Ford. He also stated somthing about the new CEO is very capable of bringing Ford out of its current situation.

I can't exactly remember what all was said word for word but that was the gyst of it.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:44 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

I believe prices will fall to $1.50 overtime going 3 to 5 years out, I've heard and read enough that it'll happen. As for the global market using oil... ? maybe I'm missing this point.. its true however, chinas economy is on crash course that many predict by 2009 and 2010 will bust. Their growth "and the demands for growth" are exceeding their overall demands and is built on a very weak infrastructure at that... The china boom unless changed which is almost to late at this point will have some very hard times ahead. As far as ford shuting down! not likely! theres many opitions they have... certain line are still good for profit, The lower gas prices will spur the those other slower lines "trucks and suv" back toward good growth. It wont be overnight... but in time they will regain their footing.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

The man that took over from Bill Ford is the one that 'saved' Boeing Airplane company.When he took over Boeing had 150,000 workers types. Now they have about 100,000.
If you work at Ford at ANY level, watch out.
Ford also says that they are backing off of the SUV. Good, that fad only ended about 5 years ago. They think that 'crossover' cars are going to be the thing and they also said something about back back the station wagon and ditching 'Mini-Vans'.
I'll bet if gas ever gets under $2 a gallon that we'll not hear about hybrids anymore either.
As a Ford stockholder, I think are taking the right course.
Good-Bye Bill Ford.......
Old 09-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

bill ford is still in control...hes just got a differnt title and now this boeing guy is officially called the CEO or whatever...hes not just quitting...just making room for a cool name/title to call the new guy....
Old 09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
matb1980

Ford isn't going anywhere, the government will bail them out before that happens. I do think they have a lot of work to do though and they are fully capable of turning things around. We just need the execs to bring us good cars like the Mustang - best car Ford has ever built. But if you look at their other product offerings we have big bumbling SUV's that guzzle gas and if you want a regular car then you have the Ford 500 or the Fusion to choose from. They only have the Mustang that truly shines and the truck market is taking a beating right now with gas prices. The way I see it they just need more efficient trucks and SUV's and they can get back on track - lets face it, people love big vehicles and if Ford can bring big and efficient trucks and SUV's to the masses they will be okay. The technology is already there, they just need to use it in a smart way.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:42 PM
thecrew2999

i should stay outta this one so i dont get flammed by all the ford fans out there...
but here theres always an option to you mustang lovers.... chevy and dodge has one hell of a line of muscle cars coming out which will bring the pony to a hult.
much like watching a wounded animal try and run from a much faster preditor
Old 09-19-2006, 12:11 AM
05mineral6

Too bad GM lost $2.9 Billion while Ford only lost $1.3 Billion. GM is in much more of a hole than Ford is. Chrysler's big seller, the 300, is starting to level off as far as sales. If any of the big three were to "go under", GM would be the first to go.

Quick Reply: Ford going under??