Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

new camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 03:09 AM
diablo9861
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: new camaro

I have heard the same about the lemans comming out looking like the GTO with a 6 cylinder. My personal opinion i think the new concepts of the camaro look like crap. Ford did and awesome job with the new stangs and gt500 concept, makes them look very similar to the older beter stangs and also brings in the new age look at the same time.GM seems to be on some heavy drugs when they were looking at these concepts. The GTO doesnt look bad nether does the Charger concept from dodge. But chevy needs to do something bout the camaro. I say ditch the camaro and bring back the chevelle, always been my favorite GM car. But than im afraid they will screw it up like the camor concepts i have seen. Ill stick with the new stangs before i buy one of the camaros. or i will buy a muscle car when it was muscle and bad *** lookig rather than being a supercomputer on wheels. Peace out guys have fun.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Z20WHAT?

hey let them bring the camaro back. the mustang will still out sell it and they will retire the camaro again. the gto has some nice power but with that look it won't last very long either.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:09 PM
ricekiller2003
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 96SilverLT1

yes it's true. yes it will be out in 06 (07 productioon year) and yes it will be a retroish car. It will also have mover power then any of the production vettes before it;s release. meaning that it will be over 400HP. It's also going to be spensive.

here a link with some info and pics

http://mainstreamtopics.com/forums/i...showtopic=1185

Hate to break it to ya, but that was done by an artist who doesn't have anything to do with chevy. Actually, someone from Chevy took a look at the picture and commented that it was very nice, buuuuuut...needs more length from wheel well to front bumper, rides too low, doesn't provide room for safety equipment + material, and would just be overall too expensive to manufacture.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Shiftty

the reason mustang sells more is all about how they marketed it, they nailed it with the marketing...what that led to is when you think of mustang you dont think of real power, not like the Z28 image, at least not in the past where this image was derived, yet it still holds true...therefore the mustang is bound to be bought by every tom dick and harry and their grandparents too...it is a more drivable, timid, daily driven car for uncle fester and nephew billy too so it does get purchased more...the Z28 was seen as a rude, seriosuly powerful car...that didnt handle too well (actually it does)

just because something sells more doesnt make it better...but you all knew that right? the public is ignorant about many thiings and the media feeds on how easily people feed into advertising...without doing any real research...I mean sure the Mustang sells more...sold more I mean...so what...who needs to see a mustang in every fourth slot in every parking garage you enter or better yet....gotta love yet another cluless blonde in a stang.

I digress

nice image...mustang...the family car!
bet youll see a granny in one today!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:13 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Spoken like a TRUE NEWBIE!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:37 AM
GT00_80
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Colvindesign

Those pics were from a designer named Kris Horton, who is in no way linked to Chevy.

THe Camaro will be retro, yes, it will ride on the next generation GTO platform, due out in 2 years.
Finaly someone who knows whats really goin on.
Looks like only Colvindesign did his research.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:22 AM
20vVolvo
2nd Gear Member

ya i agree its not very good lookin, what they sould have dont is to compete with the 05 stang they should have come out w it this year. this could have been huge but i think that they will screw it up
Old 11-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-02-2004, 06:41 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DILOstang01

camaro's have always been known as girl cars but i'm not sure if any chic i know can handle 400 HP but what ever i want to see a new WS6. Those things are badass.
Camaro's have been known as girl cars? Did you mean Mustang? The majority of Mustang owners are in fact women.

I read this in an article someone posted here on the site. Sums it up well.

"Mustang, it's the grown up pony car for mature hot rodders. Camaro, if muscle is what you're after, look no further."
Old 11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
20vVolvo
2nd Gear Member

Charger concept from dodge
Hey does anybody have the dodge concept pic or link...and when is it coming out?

Quick Reply: new camaro