Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

MUSTANG STATION WAGON??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 09:49 PM
GTO JUDGE

Default MUSTANG STATION WAGON??????

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO JUST LOATH GTO'S ........ take a gander at the "proposed" Mustang station wagon >>>>http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/12/14/...ons/index.html

Sacrilege !!

Ford exec's on crack or what?

Old 12-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Bavarian Motorist

Default RE: MUSTANG STATION WAGON??????

I sure hope not. LOL.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:27 AM
GTO JUDGE

ORIGINAL: Bavarian Motorist

I sure hope not. LOL.

If it is true... All Stang owners should march on Ford's World HQ in their Stangs and stage an anti - rally. LOL.

In one article I read, it made reference to producing the proposed 4 door Stang in Australia? Same place as my GTO. The power plant and tranny (Corvette guts) is built here in the states and shipped to Aussie land, then assembled and shipped back.

I would say, IF it is true they want to build down under.... From an assembly quality product, comparing all the American made vehicles I have owned in my life, and talking to other GTO owners, the workmanship is second to none. Not to demean our labor force in N.A. being I am part of the American Trucking assembly process, from my experience the labor quality is outstanding in Aussie land.

There are parts issues however, just like any other make, but I am talking from an assy stand point.

A downside is, the shipping. 4 weeks in the water alone. I know I waited 8 months for my order, and the wait was on the shipping and transporting by rail. From the West coast ports to the N.E. and S.E. just for transporting from down under to the states is a minimum 8 weeks. This was a big hindrance on orders. IMO if they are contemplating where to build these IF they are serious, I'd hope they'd keep it in the states, but IF they move it to down under the assy process is top quality.

I hope it is all bull.... as was the proposed build of a 4 door GTO. The 4 door is now being considered as a new style Grand-Prix. Very similar design with a different power plant. The Stang is legendary and to redesign it for what I have been reading and viewing is a travesty to the Mustang name.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Bavarian Motorist

Bringing a retro-styled "muscle" wagon to ford market is OK, but using the mustang is not.

They should use something else. Ford has a long history, I'm sure it can find something.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:51 PM
GTO JUDGE

ORIGINAL: Bavarian Motorist

Bringing a retro-styled "muscle" wagon to ford market is OK, but using the mustang is not.

They should use something else. Ford has a long history, I'm sure it can find something.
The Dodge Magnum, don't care for it. A Station Wagon with a Hemi. This is what Ford is most probably going to rival. What's next? A Mustang Minivan? [:@]
Old 12-15-2006, 03:56 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

dumbest idea ever!!
Old 12-15-2006, 06:04 PM
hunter306
1st Gear Member

A. There is a topic about this 3 lines down from this one...

B. It's not true at all: http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/12/15/...dan/index.html