Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:56 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Mustang fails crash tests...Thoughts???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 03:26 PM
03Muskrat
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang fails crash tests...Thoughts???

I did my own crash test on a 2003 mustang, hence the cobra bod...(it was free, i think it looks better) and i must say i was impressed.... 40mph slide into a stopped maurader (heavy heavy rain) no seatbelt, no injuries (to either party) i actually hit him then whipped the back into the guardrail fun fun fun anyway... 14000$ damage to my car, but i was completely fine no seatbelt (Airbags didnt go off ) dont know why
Old 01-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

A link to what your referring to would be nice... I do know our cars have a roll bar behind the dash
Do the 5.0s have this? If not what years?
Old 03-03-2005, 05:04 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03Muskrat

I did my own crash test on a 2003 mustang, hence the cobra bod...(it was free, i think it looks better) and i must say i was impressed.... 40mph slide into a stopped maurader (heavy heavy rain) no seatbelt, no injuries (to either party) i actually hit him then whipped the back into the guardrail fun fun fun anyway... 14000$ damage to my car, but i was completely fine no seatbelt (Airbags didnt go off ) dont know why

It was a slide?? all 4 tires locked up especially for a period of time the airbags probably wont go off. also have to set off a number of sensors at one time and other gay requirements that make airbags unreliable.. that is why you still buckle up, that and the fact that an airbag wont keep you inside the car and an airbag is more likely to kill you if you don't have your seat belt on.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Phillyblunt474
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sicride

ORIGINAL: 03Muskrat

It was a slide?? all 4 tires locked up especially for a period of time the airbags probably wont go off. also have to set off a number of sensors at one time and other gay requirements that make airbags unreliable.. that is why you still buckle up, that and the fact that an airbag wont keep you inside the car and an airbag is more likely to kill you if you don't have your seat belt on.
I belive frontal air bags only deploy if your hit in the front end and if its over i think 12 or 15 mph
Old 03-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Wessy
1st Gear Member

How did the early model hold up? Are they tanks like every other car built in the era?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:37 PM
rednblackdawg
1st Gear Member

That is the reason my insurance guy said Mustangs were so high. It is not totally because they are sports cars. It is due to their safety rating. Did that stop me from buying one? NO. If I was wanting to buy something to be safe, I would have bought a box of condoms.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Did they cover the 05 Gt as well??
Old 03-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rednblackdawg

That is the reason my insurance guy said Mustangs were so high. It is not totally because they are sports cars. It is due to their safety rating. Did that stop me from buying one? NO. If I was wanting to buy something to be safe, I would have bought a box of condoms.
Don't they throw those in on one of the Big $$ over MSRP sales ?? [sm=lildevil.gif]
Old 03-20-2005, 10:29 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Most fox bodies did pretty good.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:36 AM
01harleydude
2nd Gear Member

my wife has had three mustangs. a red 01, white 02 and now a red 04 conv. she hit a telephone pole on christmas eve of 02 in the red 01 doing about 25 mph. she walked away with a bruise from the seatbelt and no other injuries. the telephone pole didn't budge and the car was totalled. now she won't drive anything else.

Quick Reply: Mustang fails crash tests...Thoughts???