Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

just installed stangmods HID's

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:19 PM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

Default just installed stangmods HID's

OMG...i LOVE them..sorry guys no pics yet....i have to wait for my gf to bring her camera but i will by next week...i bought the 8000k for my headlights......they are the low beam only butit doesnt matter cause i live in jersey and they are brighter than the stock hi's without being blinding to others....they give a nice blue without being too ricey..extremely comparable to mercedes or lexus in quality.........install was easy but the directions are a little unclear since there are no pictures and they throw in an extra relay that it required on the 05+ mustangs....install went like this....take out old bulbs on each side and replace with the HID bulbs( watch out bc the litle tabs broke off when i tried to screw in the bulbs into the housing-no biggie tho)...then mount each ballast (little metal box)on each side of the engine.(it came with double sided tape or a metal bracket-i mounted mine on top of each fenderwell with the tape).....connect the provided relay grounds(1 on each side) to the bolt that holds the front fender on....there are 2 wires that come off the relay that need to be tapped into the passenger side headlight harness....connect the wires from the ballasts to the HIDs...for the power, connect the red power O-ring to the screw in the fuse box(the underhood one)....it comes with zips ties and looks very professional.....the tech service guy was very helpful when i had a question.......after contemplating the Saleens and seeing these results i recommend these over saleen any day.....i only paid 250 shipped for the single beam kit (duals are 300 i think).....the saleens only offer a whitish hue while you can pick whatever color you want....they have 4300, 6000k, 8000k, 10000k, and 12000k....next im gonna buy their FOGLIGHT HIDs in the 10000k to get more of a purple to differentiate the 2 sets....once again i will try to post some pics this week.....
Old 03-10-2007, 12:21 PM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: just installed stangmods HID's

sorry wrong forum topic
Old 03-15-2007, 10:35 AM
BadSnake711
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: just installed stangmods HID's

hehe