Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford buying out Enzo??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:46 PM
masonbruns

Default RE: Ford buying out Enzo??

for whoever said the new "GT" couldn't take the Enzo, you're wrong. The "GT" took the Enzo in the quarter and in the endurance race. Road and Track sponsored the duel, and along with the Enzo, the "GT" also took the Boxster and the new 'Vette down. The list price on the new "GT" is around $150k.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:42 AM
Kambria

List price is 150k. Markup they are going for 300k. A dealer here in the Bay Area that is getting me my 05 Stang GT is going to call me when they get their GT in so I can look at it (mind you just look at it cause I sure in the hell can't afford 300k)
Old 01-02-2005, 11:08 PM
99_gtx
2nd Gear Member

Lamborghini owns them all.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:05 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

I love the enzo because it is a f1 car pretty much and looks sweet......and I think the GT is ugly and doesnt compare to the enzo.....But as far as speed goes I'd have great fun blowing the doors off both of them!!!!!!For a fraction of the price i might add...Ferraris have to be one of the worst in the paint and body work they all have tons of flaws brand new.One of my best friends sells exotic cars and we take them all and drive them all over, the ferraris are like being in a fearo with a motorcyle engine they really arent that impressive.The nicest car we took was the continental gt Bently....Twin turbo v12 that thing is BAD
Old 01-18-2005, 02:26 AM
Red Star

ORIGINAL: red92gt

You are 100% correct. However, you are 42 years too late. Ford was all set to buy Ferrari, and at the last minute Enzo pulled out of the deal. Henry Ford was pissed, and ordered his British division to create a car that would "crush those eye tied, toe ragged, scumbag, pony-assed heaps of junk." Less than a year later, in 1962, the GT40 competed in and owned everyone in the LeMans races.
I though GT won its 1st LeMans title in 1966. What happened after 1969 with GT?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:56 PM
CherryLT1

Actually Ford is not buying Ferrari. Ferrari is actually wholly owned by FIAT SPA along with Alfa Romeo, Lancia, and Mazerati. However one third of Fabricca Italiano Automobili Torino (FIAT) is owned by guess who, General Motors. Although owned by FIAT, Ferrari is independent and shares no parts or designs with parent company FIAT, siblings Alfa, or Mazerati and are still hand built. On a side note GM bought Fiat in order to get to Alfa which Fiat has made clear it has no interest in sharing.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:11 PM
gswetsky

I would think Ford would be happy with Volvo, Jaguar and Aston Martin.

I know I would be.

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Gerry
Old 02-16-2005, 02:58 AM
Al_

Chevy owns 4x % of Ferrari.

(I think I am whoring the "soncepts and rumors" threads!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:09 AM
MorningCruiser

ORIGINAL: masonbruns

for whoever said the new "GT" couldn't take the Enzo, you're wrong. The "GT" took the Enzo in the quarter and in the endurance race. Road and Track sponsored the duel, and along with the Enzo, the "GT" also took the Boxster and the new 'Vette down. The list price on the new "GT" is around $150k.
The Enzo also isn't designed to run for 24 hours straight. The GT wouldn't beat an Enzo in a quarter mile, otherwise it would be either the second, or the fastest North American production car (meaning, legal in the NA market) in the quarter mile. The Enzo is second, first is STILL held by a 1971 Plymouth Hemi Barracuda.

The Boxster is a joke, and so is the new Vette.

If you want to compare a supercar to a supercar, compare it to a Gallardo, Mucielago, or a Porsche GT2, or a Porsche Carrera GT, or hell, compare it to an Enzo.

Also, supercars aren't made for quarter miles.

Sad to say that on a Mustang forum nothing has truly changed in fourty years. There's more to racing than straight lines, and any car designed to run a fast quarter likely isn't designed to run a fast lap around the 'ring.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Enzo's are overrated... period. The GT, from every angle, is a fine car. The Enzo looks downright silly on the road.

Quick Reply: Ford buying out Enzo??