Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Is ford a step behind?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Default RE: Is ford a step behind?

well said. I love Ford, buy nothing but Ford...but I would also like to see the Tbird back out with more preformance that plushness.

Matt
Old 11-25-2007, 07:03 PM
ojf2010

i dont think the problem is that ford cant compete with these other cars..im sure they could beef up a stang to beat out any other cars in speed and power. i think ford's taking a different approach then these other companies. lots of people these days are getting their panties in a bunch over all of this 'global warming' nonsense that the media shoves down our throats daily. in addition, gas prices are way higher than they were 5 or 6 years ago. ford mustangs are more fuel efficient and not to mention much less in cost coming out of dealerships. cost of the car and mpg is where mustangs beat out vettes and vipers any day. if you think im an idiot give me abreak im only 16 but im pretty sure i have a good argument here.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:13 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ojf2010

i dont think the problem is that ford cant compete with these other cars..im sure they could beef up a stang to beat out any other cars in speed and power. i think ford's taking a different approach then these other companies. lots of people these days are getting their panties in a bunch over all of this 'global warming' nonsense that the media shoves down our throats daily. in addition, gas prices are way higher than they were 5 or 6 years ago. ford mustangs are more fuel efficient and not to mention much less in cost coming out of dealerships. cost of the car and mpg is where mustangs beat out vettes and vipers any day. if you think im an idiot give me abreak im only 16 but im pretty sure i have a good argument here.

1. +1 i think someone said that Ford's mustangs are easy/ cheapto replace...so i can see it in that approach, with the daily driver getting some nice stock HP and the motorheads with something to play with.

2. i dont hug trees, but i dont think global warming is nonsense.

3. yea mustang maybe more fuel effecient in comparison to vette/ vipers, but they dont make the(hp) numbers vette/ vipers do either. General rule: more fuelfor morepower
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Carfanatic

ORIGINAL: Lizardbreath

Sometimes I wonder about the guys on these forums. The Shelby is not made to compete with vipers or corvettes and neither are the regular mustangs.
ORIGINAL: Blckstng93

The Stang was ever in competition (nor should it be) with niether the Vette nor Viper.
I don't know about the Shelby, but when GM dropped the F-body in 2002, Ford did state that it was going after the Corvette with the then Mustang Cobra.

ORIGINAL: 90lxstang

yea, themustang is pretty much gonna be in its own class until the return of the camaro
Don't forget about the Challenger which comes out before the Camaro.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Redneck97
2nd Gear Member

I thought the challenger was a limited production model or am i mistaken?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 AM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

I get a little cranky when people compare the Mustang to the 'Vette and the Viper. It's apples and oranges. The original spirit of the Mustang was supposed to be a small, sporty car that gave you some bang for your buck. I think for the most part the current S-197 model does just that. My only complaint with it is the size issue, it's a little bigger thanthe SN-95/New Edge version (which from what I understand was heavier than the square box fox) Now as for the Shelby Mustangs, I'm not even going to go there. The fact that you need to take a jar of vasoline with you to the dealership (if you are lucky enough to find one that has a Shelby in stock) is reason enough for me to save my pennies and build my very own little muscle car. My car might not say Shelby on the trunk, but I am still very happy with it.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 AM
SabreXray
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedDevilSC

I get a little cranky when people compare the Mustang to the 'Vette and the Viper. It's apples and oranges. The original spirit of the Mustang was supposed to be a small, sporty car that gave you some bang for your buck. I think for the most part the current S-197 model does just that. My only complaint with it is the size issue, it's a little bigger thanthe SN-95/New Edge version (which from what I understand was heavier than the square box fox) Now as for the Shelby Mustangs, I'm not even going to go there. The fact that you need to take a jar of vasoline with you to the dealership (if you are lucky enough to find one that has a Shelby in stock) is reason enough for me to save my pennies and build my very own little muscle car. My car might not say Shelby on the trunk, but I am still very happy with it.
+1 well said
Old 11-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedDevilSC
The fact that you need to take a jar of vasoline with you to the dealership (if you are lucky enough to find one that has a Shelby in stock)
Our dealer here has two shelby GT 500's in stock. A coupe and a red convert. The coupe had $22000 dealer markup when I last checked, and I haven't even been back to see the convert
Old 12-05-2007, 12:42 PM
EaZy DuZ iT
4th Gear Member

Ford needs to start making mustangs lighter and more aerodynamic