Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

How can I rent Shelby GT-H...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:17 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

Default How can I rent Shelby GT-H...

Hi,
I know this may seem a little early, but I was wondering if I could get some help on how I could rent a vehicle from Hertz for prom which is several months away.

I looked on their website and briefly read through their "regulations" and the such. My girlfriend, Shelby wants to take a Shelby Mustang to prom or at least something really nice. Last year I took my Mustang GT, which is nice, and the year before, my other Mustang which was nice, but I sold and so we want to work our way up that ladder if possible. So, we got to talking and thought about renting the Shelby GT-H from Hertz. I've never rented a car before, nor has anyone in my family. But upon seeing the website, I guess you have to be 25 I think, and I'm only 19. So, I figured I could rent it through my parents.

What all goes along with this, or do is there another rental company that has Mustangs to rent out. Do they all just drop off specifically to air ports and would they freak out about taking it to prom. I figured I'd start getting the ball rolling early so I could get on the waiting list if any. My preference is of course a Mustang, but it has to have a V8, no offense to V6 owners, but I'll never drive a V6 Mustang again unless I'm forced.

Still thinking about borrowing the neighbors 'Vette, and I'm sure he would, but I just don't like Corvettes much, although the girlfriend thinks their "hot". I would drive it, it would be cool, but I'm a Ford guy, and that's just not what I want to do.

Thank you
Old 10-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Dath
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How can I rent Shelby GT-H...

I believe you had to be from out of town with proof...airline tickets, out of state ID, etc. to qualify. Basically to keep guys like me from renting them on the weekends and beating thelife out ofthem. And they were only offered in certain areas...Maui was one.

Look for a place that rents just performance/exotic cars.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:10 PM
no1gtkid

Default RE: How can I rent Shelby GT-H...

Here is vegas it does not matter. However only hertz has the cars and Yes you have to be 25 and have two forms of IDs. In most states that is the case. Also they do not care if you take to Prom or out for a cruise to the lake, mountains, or where ever. You rented the car so where your heart contents is where you can drive. You just have to pay the daily rental fee and gas. However, make sure you get the insurance. The only catch is if they have it in when you go to pick up. There is a clause that they can give you a similar vehicle int he class or upgrade you. Best of luck and enjoy the prom.