Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

People love our cars....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:25 AM
mikemc04gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: People love our cars....

ORIGINAL: my first mustang

The police officer standing there looking at my car while its lightly snowing and she says to me "that's one pretty car". COOL! Young people like it because it looksbetter then most anynew car out there(in and out of its price range)and old farts(like me)like it because it looks as good or better thenany car we use to drive. Not many cars have that distinction!
That's a good point. My wife was never into older Stangs, she just loves the way new Mustangs look. I, on the other hand, have always loved Stangs and I like the retro look. Either way, they are without a doubt the most unique looking car out there today. I think folks like the departure from boring 4 door clones and SUV's. Nice job, Ford!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:36 AM
sonic245
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fyrewalker

Those stories are awesome. I love this crowd...great people with great taste! I think there could be a little magic in this car of mine. Seems everytime I drive it, I am that young buck stud I was back in the day, and I could swear that when I look at my wife sitting next to me that she is still that little hottie that I still cannot live without. I think someday, 15,000 wake-ups from tomorrow, I will sit in my rocking chair and remember every curve we ever took together, smiling all the way.

Great post. It's funny you should make this thread now. I always get comlpiments on the car, but today I had to go to a real bad part of town for work and as I was walking out from my call, a crack ***** (who was about 3 ft away from) yells "sweet car". I said thanks ....and immediately called my wife due to the guilt of talking to a "pro" !!! lol They are amazing cars though. Never had such a car that gets so much attention. The best was when a guy with a beautiful red 67 stopped at a light and told me I had a great car. I was amazed and told him the same thing.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:28 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Yes there is something mystical about our Mustangs. Perhaps it's the styling or just the long history of Mustang cars that people have come to love. For me, I fell in love when I was a kid looking at my neighbor's brand new '69 Boss Mustang......it was just like the Vista Blues of today.

Like you guys, I love it when it puts a smile on a person's face as I drive by or sitting at a light. The complements are more than anyone could expect for a car that's not very expensive.
When I took my car in this past Friday to the dealerfor State Inspection, one of the attendants had to touch it. She said it "It feels so smooth and it looks like the color of Sapphire, it's a beautiful car!" To think she hasn't got outside much since it is a Ford dealership with loads of Mustangs sitting out in the parking lot. I heard the service manager tell the porter to take care of my car. When he drove it back after being inspected, he told me, "That's a really fine Mustang you have there. It shifts really well." I know he walks around with a Microfiber cloth wiping his finger prints from the door handle, so I wasn't too worried about him abusing it.

The guy who installed my mufflers practically drooled on himself while the car was there. He loved it so much he went out and bought a GT. He told me, "Sandy, after looking at your car, I knew I justhad to have one!"

Yep, there's something mystifying about a Mustang.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:59 AM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

ive had quite a few stories like that. When i first got my mustang in early 05 not many ppl had seen them up close and a cop pulled me over just to look at it .. scared the S**T out of me but its all good... also I was getting gas one day and this guy comes over and starts posing with my car while his buddy snaps pics... i started laughing... and everytime i go through the drive through at fast food restaurants i always get some kind of compliment. I love my car and I think Ford made the right move bringing the old style back!

@07 Stang.. Yes there is somehting mystifying about our stangs... theyre american legends. Same would happen if you ran into harrison ford in the mall.. haha
Old 12-20-2007, 11:02 AM
TJW
1st Gear Member

I call it my automatic friend maker, everywhere i go people come up and want to talk about the Mustang. My M3 ragtop on the other hand, is almost universally ignored.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Praline
1st Gear Member

I caught some lady posing next to my Mustang in the Best Buy parking lot so her husband could take a picture! She was pretty embaressed, but I told her I didn't mind.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i've gotten my share of compliments from both strangers and neighbors. its a VERY cool feeling. i think the best thing about it is that we dont carry around the same arrogance that beams and benz drivers carry with them. i'm sure that factors into people being more comfortable approaching us with questions and/or compliments. how many young whipper snappers approach a benz owner and say "hey mister/ma'am, nice car. what you got under the hood?" they either would have no idea or pull out their pepper spray.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Praline

I caught some lady posing next to my Mustang in the Best Buy parking lot so her husband could take a picture! She was pretty embaressed, but I told her I didn't mind.
was she in a bikini? [8D]
Old 12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Just last night I took my daughter to get the last one of her friends something for Christmas.
As we were getting out of the car some boy walking by yelled her name. I guess he knew her from school.
It was funny, she was all googly eyed, and so was he....for my car that is. lol He said to her
"wow, you got a Mustang?" His mom grabs him by the sleeve and says " let's go" and pulls him away.
As I am rushing my kid's thru the store, my son asks "what's the hurry?"
I told him, I don't want to leave my car out there too long. lol
He says OMG.... [8D]
Old 12-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

I dunno about you guys but I have a gotten so much attention from my car, sometimes I wish I wasn't driving it at times. Sometime i wish I just had a normal everyday car. I don't know how many times people stop me and ask me what my car even is. Although I have gotten out of tickets for cops who are mustang fans. I can't wait until I move back to Iowa cause no one there has seen anything like my car and I don't even know what that will be like. Im sure the girls will love it tho. But I love my car way too much to get rid of it!!!

Quick Reply: People love our cars....