Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I need your opinions FOR FORD ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 08:43 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Default I need your opinions FOR FORD ASAP

Well, me and a few other techs are communicating with Ford Engineering on the power of the Mustang and Performance as to cost.

What we have settled with FORD is to provide you a stock powertain that can handle up to 800 HP all day long and not void your warranty for factory defects or issues.

Leaving them not to raise the price of your car up for performance, but improve exterior and interior redesigns only.

Ford wants to know, your opinion on this, as they are struggling not to charge you $40,000 +

for a Mustang in the next year and so.

Years ago, I was involved in PUSHING FOR THE 3 VALVE HEAD and a 300hp Min Margin and 13 second car.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:40 PM
roush32

Default RE: I need your opinions FOR FORD ASAP

emailed
Old 12-23-2007, 03:28 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

800HP is excessive for the DD. And any modification to the drivetrain will void the warrenty unless the work is done by the factory or licenced dealer. Unless they're willing not voiding warrenty. 800hp sounds good, but at the risk of costing more money to us buyers its still over doing it.

As far as interior, leave the cool stuff for the specialty models. More flashy stuff = additional weight = FTL

My only problem as far as exterior is find a better way to distinguish between V6 and GTs. Im tired of seeing so many V6s and the only way to tell them apart is dual exhaust or GT badges.

Granted that the base V6 looks bare, but to add a "Pony Package" or anything equivialnt off the factory line(which i see a lot of around here)makes it harder to tell the difference. It just makes you just look like just anothercowto the herd. Make the 2 have very distinguished looks
Old 12-23-2007, 11:08 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Well ill make it simpler, they are thinking about giving you a drivertrain that can handle ALOT

OF BOOST
. So, if you pay 28-30K, for a nice azz ride, a $5 K package, can have you

wooping cars **** in the $40,000+ range, [8D].

Look at what GM had to do the price of the New Corvette and Camaro, due to horsepower.

Thats without the dealer MARKUP

Now, we are just trying to figure out if Ford should offer the packages or leave it to

Aftermarket. Rather or not, they offer the packages, the cost can be added to your loan,

that way, they dont have thousands of Mustangs priced at $41,000 they cant move.

As far as interior and body redesigns, I cant help you on that, they are not willing to discuss that at all.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:50 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aode06

Well ill make it simpler, they are thinking about giving you a drivertrain that can handle ALOT

OF BOOST
. So, if you pay 28-30K, for a nice azz ride, a $5 K package, can have you

wooping cars **** in the $40,000+ range, [8D].

Look at what GM had to do the price of the New Corvette and Camaro, due to horsepower.

Thats without the dealer MARKUP

Now, we are just trying to figure out if Ford should offer the packages or leave it to

Aftermarket. Rather or not, they offer the packages, the cost can be added to your loan,

that way, they dont have thousands of Mustangs priced at $41,000 they cant move.

As far as interior and body redesigns, I cant help you on that, they are not willing to discuss that at all.
So telling by the example you used, Im assuming that you mean they're going to try an build us an 800hp stang off the factory line?
...Or is it just going to be able to "handle" 800hp as initially stated?
If its just going to be able to hadle 800hp, then thats too much and not worth it to me.
BUT, if im going to drive it off the lot with 800hp under the hood then im not going to complain [8D]
Old 12-24-2007, 07:23 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I was hoping that 2005 would usher in a new V8, preferably a quadcam engine like that 5.0 they had on discovery channel. Apparantly the only way to get that is to buy a race car version of the mustang which is kind of rediculous but then I do also assume that the 5.0 v8 is expensive to manufacture to begin with. But 800hp? Sounds like an unfounded rumor to me. There's never going to be an 800hp factory stock mustang, especially not for sub $50k prices.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:20 PM
p1bigun
2nd Gear Member

that is all great and worthy of the money camarbut will it straight from the dealer , outrun the os/firebirds if not then up the horsepower ,but yes a beefier powertrain would be great if there is not a great markup but 800hp? that'll get sorta steep won't it
Old 12-29-2007, 07:26 PM
stargazer468
1st Gear Member

Guys, He's not saying you're going to get an 800hp stang for under 40k. He's saying it would be nice to have the engine be able to handle some serious power/boost without popping. I assume stronger rods, etc. I think that'd be great if it didn't increase the cost of the car too much. I know a lot of people are concerned with modifying their mustang because of a fear of blowing the engine. Personally, I think more mustang owners modify their cars than not and a strong drivetrain package would be one more reason to buy.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:49 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stargazer468

Guys, He's not saying you're going to get an 800hp stang for under 40k. He's saying it would be nice to have the engine be able to handle some serious power/boost without popping. I assume stronger rods, etc. I think that'd be great if it didn't increase the cost of the car too much. I know a lot of people are concerned with modifying their mustang because of a fear of blowing the engine. Personally, I think more mustang owners modify their cars than not and a strong drivetrain package would be one more reason to buy.
When he stated 800hp drivetrain,i was including trainy, driveshaft, axle, along with the engine itself.

but like i said before 800HP of the factory line is too much for the DD.

and/or...

being able to handle 800HP at the risk of cost still isnt worth it.

Honestly, how many people are going to actually beef up their stangs anywhere near 800HP, speaking: % ofDD vs. people like us?
While the DD will be "why would i pay for the extra drivetrain i dont need it" vs someone like me who would be willing to pay a couple extra grand for it and actually use it...?

Sounds nice in theory...

Unlessssss....we run with the idea, predicting that sales will be crap, cuzthe averageperson wontbe willing to pay extra for something they wont need...wait till they drop the price cuz they cant sell and jump on the bargain
Old 12-30-2007, 03:49 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

Okay, iraziel, please for the love of god, he isnt saying there is going to be a 800hp DD mustang or w/e you think you read. Cost is a risk, but if you read his post, it will be a package deal so if you don't want the beefed up version, don't buy it. It is that simple. And you whole "average" buyer thing, doenst the average buyer get a v6 model? This is a chance for the community to get something special that will keep the mustang a VERY VERY worthy choice amongst the other muscle cars that will come out. Please, whoever is reporting to ford, don't let this guy sway you, I think a lot of people dont mod their cars to that level is because INTERNAL work is involved, that can be a big physchological barrier.I would love to have a high psi S/C ready car right out of the factory. You have my support, lets get more optomistic people on here too, we dont need the "no the average person doesn't want an OPTIONAL package crap" Offering something for tuners like this wouldnt hurt sales, it would promote them.

Quick Reply: I need your opinions FOR FORD ASAP