Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Funny GT Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 PM
v8pilot
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Funny GT Review

For the price its the best car. has the most power VERY easy to obtain more power. with some modification handles really well. looks really good. drives REALLY good. and is extremely reliable. the only car thats even close in its class i think is the 350z but its slower ( my friend has one its at the dealership more then he has it. and now his car is lemoned after they replaced the engine for the 3rd time for oil consumption. I will NEVER in my life own a honda acura. fwd = ****. i dont understand how someone would call a fwd car sporty. its not!
Old 01-02-2008, 01:56 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v8pilot

...is extremely reliable...
Thats another thing I noticed in these reviews (C&D especially) is that they say that the stang isn't very reliable...any new car should be reliable. I have never come outside from a store wondering if my car would start.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:57 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

For the price its the best car. has the most power VERY easy to obtain more power. with some modification handles really well. looks really good. drives REALLY good. and is extremely reliable. the only car thats even close in its class i think is the 350z but its slower ( my friend has one its at the dealership more then he has it. and now his car is lemoned after they replaced the engine for the 3rd time for oil consumption. I will NEVER in my life own a honda acura. fwd = ****. i dont understand how someone would call a fwd car sporty. its not!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

Don't know about that guy, but I look good in my car wearing my tie.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:39 PM
lacrosseb520
2nd Gear Member

thats because the guy who wrote the review has no class and horrible taste in cars
Old 01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

It seems that the author, Dan Lienert, must have recently been reassigned by Forbes from their culinary and interior design review staff.
Itraded-in a Mercedes for a 2006 Mustang GT, and I've owned several Porsches and BMWs over the years - all fine cars, but the Mustang has nothing to appologize for. It's a blast to drive, and the fun/dollar spent ratio can't be beat. It's my daily driver and I'm having a ball modifying it.
If he'd rather buy and drive a $30,000 Lexus then I wouldn't hold is automotive opinions in high regard. Either you "get it" or you don't, and he don't.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

I think I'd turn to Better Homes and Gardens before Forbes if I'm looking for a car review. They should stick to studying mutual funds rather than fine cars.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Burtonsnow157
3rd Gear Member

On the next page he quotes this "...the power's delivery often feeling brutal." No sh*t sherlock, it's a V8 mustang.
What a *****!
yeah man, seriously, thats my favorite thing about my car, the fact that it will throw me back in my seat. i dont know what he's talking about expense of dignity, i love my car and im proud to drive it. ive never had anyone say anything bad about my car, just compliments
Old 01-25-2008, 02:33 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

The 350Z is not slower then the Mustang. I don't know why people keep saying that. And theZ handles a lot better, so it's more than 'close'.

As for the review, I'm split. They raised some good points, but yet they also made it pretty damn obvious their biased towards refined, luxury-esque cars. But really who cares??? Is the article going to make you go and trade in your Mustang on a Lexus??? If not, don't worry about it.....
Old 01-25-2008, 03:27 PM
steelybuns
2nd Gear Member

On a side note, the other day I watched a lexus tailing a ford pickup. When the pickup hit the brakes the lexus crashed into him then some guy in an SUV behind the lexus crashed into him.

not a dent on the Ford, just a cracked bumper on the SUV.

The lexus looked like someone put a soda can on the ground and stomped on it. I would never buy a lexus even if it were 10K less than the mustang.

Quick Reply: Funny GT Review