Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Old 03-01-2008, 07:34 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

scg87
Btw, I was not aware 'inflammation' had anything to do the price of cars......
Yeah sorry, inflation, I was at work. []

The msrp on the GT500's were the same as they are now. If you wanna take the dealer markup, supply and demand route though, do you thing the 38k Challengers, the first ones coming out, will go for 38k? You really think the first high end Camaros will be anything less than 40k? I would love to be on your world.

modular max
why cant ford get with the program, i hate to scare you guys but huydai i coming out with the genesis coupe next year, a dohc v6 making 320hp, w a 6 speed option, oh yeah, weighs the same as its target competor: Mustang GT

oh yeah its onbly gonna cost 25,000$
Incorrect.

The 320 hp will not have 320 lbs of torqe. "Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carol Shelby. Also, you really think the optioned out, high power v6, 6 speed option will be 25k? HA!! [&:]

In fact, the v6 will not have 320 hp. here is a link and a clip from that link:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._genesis_sedan

2009 Hyundai Genesis Base Price $29,900-$36,000 (est) Vehicle Layout Front engine, RWD, 5-pass, 4-door sedan Engine 3.3L/242-hp/228-lb-ft DOHC 24-valve V-6;4.6-liter/375-hp (est)/350-lb-ft (est) DOHC 32-valve V-8 Transmission 5- or 6-speed automatic Curb Weight 3700-4000 lb Wheelbase 115.6 in Length x Width x Height 197.0 x 73.3 x 58.7 in 0-60 mph 5.5-7.0 sec (MT est) EPA City/Hwy Econ Not yet rated CO2 Emissions Not yet rated On Sale In U.S. Summer 2008

Looks a little higher than 25k, and even with the v8, it's heavy! 0 - 60 of sub 6 seconds is what hyundai states, come on now.

The base model v6, at 242 hp and 228 lb of torque at 3700 lbs for 29k

VS.

base Mustang GT at 300hp and 320 lbs of torque at 3500 lbs for 25k.

Seriously. [:'(]

- C

ps. and scg87, you really think you will get a 400+ horsepower, ls3, irs Camaro on the new chasis for low $30k? Seriously? [&:]
Old 03-01-2008, 07:57 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

^ Too bad those specs are for the Genesis sedan which isa competitor for the BMW 5 Series. And the whole "torque wins races" bullsh!t is just that- bullsh!t.

The only reason I bought up the GT500's markup was because you brought up the Camaro's inevitable markup. And even w/ Camaro's going for 40K, that's still considerably cheaper than a GT500. And where did I say the new LS3 Camaro will go for low 30's??? You're just putting words in my mouth.

ModularMax- you are right to an extent. Ford makes plenty of badass engines, as well as badass cars. They just don't put them in ANYTHING that we have in the US, or sell said cars over here.....[&o]
Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

scg87

^ Too bad those specs are for the Genesis sedan which isa competitor for the BMW 5 Series. And the whole "torque wins races" bullsh!t is just that- bullsh!t.
Since you can't seem to understand the simplest of contexts, here's an idea:

two cars - 300 hp

One with 280 torque, one with 320torque, wait a sec, you're right, the v6's with less torque always beat them v8's. I'm spent.

And where did I say the new LS3 Camaro will go for low 30's??? You're just putting words in my mouth.

Well, you say :
fact that the LS3 car wont cost anywhere near the price of the GT500
There is a GT500 at the dealer 2 minutes from my house with a msrp of $41,000 and some change. the msrp's have been the same, depending on the options of course. If it won't cost "anywhere near the price of a GT500", that would mean less, like low 30s, right?

Whatever though. I don't care, you're right, you win. You pick the smallest things to argue over and nit pick the details while forgetting the main pieces, and coincidentally cross your fingers and hope everyone reads this out of context and follows your drift.

Whatever flots your boat. I hope you get that new ls3 camaro that's nowhere near the price of a GT500 and find that car that wieghs about as much as a mustang with less torque that would just blow right past it. My context was that in similars cars, torque wins, like Shelby said, and that the price of the new ls3 is gonna be higher than you are giving credit. Too bad I have to spell everyhting out and explain the context of straight talk to you.

Post back and make fun of me and change words around all you want to, I'm gonna go drive Lilly. Supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny tomorrow. I'm gonna get her all shiny, I can't wait!

[8D]

- C

Old 03-02-2008, 02:45 AM
scg87
5th Gear Member

But that's just assuming ALL other variables and factors are equal. Which is never the case. Therefore, that argument is moot, and that quote is bullsh!t like I said.

I never said the Camaro would cost low 30's. Mid 30's, sure. And I, and I imagine most peole, consider that price gap a significant one, at least such that it justifies my statement.

I have no interest in buying a new Camaro. Nor do I have interest in buying a Mustang. But that shouldn't deny me the right to speak freely about them, and state my opinion.

Why are you taking it so personal??? It's not like I attacked you or anything. I'm not even mad about it. The info you posted wasn't the info for the Tiburon replacement, so I pointed that out. And quotes like the aforementioned Carol Shelby one just aggravate me. It's a rather narrown-minded statement to begin w/, but not only that, it's also wrong.....
Old 03-02-2008, 08:04 AM
ModularMax
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: myredgt

Incorrect.

The 320 hp will not have 320 lbs of torqe. "Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carol Shelby. Also, you really think the optioned out, high power v6, 6 speed option will be 25k? HA!! [&:]

In fact, the v6 will not have 320 hp. here is a link and a clip from that link:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._genesis_sedan

2009 Hyundai Genesis Base Price $29,900-$36,000 (est) Vehicle Layout Front engine, RWD, 5-pass, 4-door sedan Engine 3.3L/242-hp/228-lb-ft DOHC 24-valve V-6;4.6-liter/375-hp (est)/350-lb-ft (est) DOHC 32-valve V-8 Transmission 5- or 6-speed automatic Curb Weight 3700-4000 lb Wheelbase 115.6 in Length x Width x Height 197.0 x 73.3 x 58.7 in 0-60 mph 5.5-7.0 sec (MT est) EPA City/Hwy Econ Not yet rated CO2 Emissions Not yet rated On Sale In U.S. Summer 2008

Looks a little higher than 25k, and even with the v8, it's heavy! 0 - 60 of sub 6 seconds is what hyundai states, come on now.

The base model v6, at 242 hp and 228 lb of torque at 3700 lbs for 29k

VS.

base Mustang GT at 300hp and 320 lbs of torque at 3500 lbs for 25k.

Seriously. [:'(]

- C

ps. and scg87, you really think you will get a 400+ horsepower, ls3, irs Camaro on the new chasis for low $30k? Seriously? [&:]

Your sources are 2 years old, in a recent auto show Hyundai revealed it WILL beat the Mustang in every aspect(other then looks imo) and it will be 25k for the v6 and 19k for the turbo 4cyl

IT WILL BE THE CHEAPEST 300+HP CAR (((((FACT)))))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe(Updated almost daily)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...18315067076815(2007 November LA auto show)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0801_2009_hyundai_genesis_sedan(From your post was made 2 years ago)
Please get up to date before you post about whats going to happen, not pages that were made two years ago
Old 03-02-2008, 01:18 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Where do you see it was posted 2 years ago? I was tired, but I looked at that page a billions times and I did not see 2006 anywhere. Maybe I just missed it?[&:]

If you could show me, I would appreciate it. regardless, my main point was I really don't think it's gonna be what most people are assuming. From the spy shots it kinda looks like a Tiburon/Grand Am type of look. Doesn't really matter though, I have my opinion on it, and so do you.

ciao!!

- C

Old 03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

myredgt you're so full of misinformation that it just runs out of every bodily oriface. The Camaro WILL be competitively priced this time around, GM learned their lesson the first time. Second of all, what career do you have, do you work for Ford or are you a mechanicor what? I sure hope you aren't a mechanic because you don't know what your talking about half the time. Go drive your car around and do everyone a favor and quit talking, you can't admit you are wrong EVER. even though it occurs very often. Stupid fanboy, go rub your nuts to a picture of Carrol "overpriced" Shelby. I like Ford but you are just a nutcase that doesn't know crap.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:20 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

^ Damn, I'm not even a Ford guy, and that was harsher than something I'd say, lol....[&:]
Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

The only way to fill a hollow head is to keep pouring water into it.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

kyle2k

myredgt you're so full of misinformation that it just runs out of every bodily oriface. The Camaro WILL be competitively priced this time around, GM learned their lesson the first time. Second of all, what career do you have, do you work for Ford or are you a mechanicor what? I sure hope you aren't a mechanic because you don't know what your talking about half the time. Go drive your car around and do everyone a favor and quit talking, you can't admit you are wrong EVER. even though it occurs very often. Stupid fanboy, go rub your nuts to a picture of Carrol "overpriced" Shelby. I like Ford but you are just a nutcase that doesn't know crap.

Who are you?

If I am wrong about something, I am sorry. The two things in this thread, the high end camaros pricing, and the impact the genesis will have, are my opinions. I think the camaro will cost more than scg87 does and I don't think the genesis will be as important as modularmax does.

How am I wrong? That's just what I think. I'm sorry if I posted an older write up on it from Motor Trend, I did not realize that. I also still do not see a date on it.

Who are you again anyways and why are you attacking me? Do you stand too close to the microwave or take a shot of antifreeze every morning? [&:]

If you go look, I disagreed with scg87 over pricing, and modularmax on teh new genesis platform. I was wrong as far as modularmax goes as I looked at the sedan and not the coupe, but the v6 in either will nto have 300hp, and still I don't think the coupe will be as potent as he thinks. Is his opinion bad? Of course not, he could be right in the end. Scg87 got to the point of nitpicking every detail pricing, so I just said whatever, then he came back and said whatever. Now you kyle2k come out of nowhere and attack me? Interesting.

Well continue to be mad over the internet. I'm going to bed.

- C

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8