Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Shelby Mules caught in Denver...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:16 AM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Default Shelby Mules caught in Denver...

Anyone else see these a couple weeks ago in Denver? I just got around to uploading the pics I snagged. Caught them coming on to I70W off of Chambers (if anyone knows Denver) on my way home. I saw them in the turning lane, waiting to get on the on-ramp. I wasn't in the turning lane, so I blew through the light (green) and whipped a U-turn and actually got onto the on-ramp before they did. I pulled over and waited for them to come by, snapped some photos and then took off behind them. When they saw me they all (5 in total) stomped on it and tried to lose me. Seriously! They immediately merged across 2 lanes, then YANKED it back across 2 lanes and across the solid white lanes to exit off the freeway again. The exit was actually where I-225 merges with I-70, so we got right back onto I-70 and they proceeded to weave traffic, trying to loose me (or thats the way they usually drive, but I know they saw me with a camera).

What a hoot, probably no major changes under the padding, but it was damn cool to see my first mules and then have them be a pack of Shelbys... so sweet. Pics are none too revealing, but MotorTrend wants me to send them to them so they must be of some significance. Anyone else see them? Sorry I didn't get more pics, but I realized that I was either going to kill myself or someone else, but carrying on at that speed, WHILE taking pictures...

Enjoy...

Shelby Mules
Old 04-06-2008, 12:45 AM
08 Bullitt 2310
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby Mules caught in Denver...

Nice catch!
Old 04-06-2008, 03:31 AM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Those aren't Shelby's. They're prototypes for the new Mustang due shortly.....
Old 04-06-2008, 04:44 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

It's possible it was a 2010 Shelby/Cobra. Pics have already surfaced of such a mule with a Cobra emblem clearly visible in the grill beneath the mesh camo. Plus, this car does have the Cobra front end and rims........not to mention the twin gauge setup on the driverside A pillar. Hard to say for sure with so little known about the upcoming stangs.....but there are some future Cobra mules running around for sure.

Only thing is that I'm still not sure if the Shelby name will stick around after 09. It may just go back to "SVT Cobra" once this GT500 thing has run itself out.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:51 AM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scg87

Those aren't Shelby's. They're prototypes for the new Mustang due shortly.....
I highly doubt that. Especially since the front and rear vehicle were actually unpadded and were GT500s. One was Black/Red the Blue/Grey. I wasn't playing like it was anything amazing, just cool to see, but I'd bet the bank they were Shelby's... I don't really think thats even debatable. The whole front end, C pillars, rear spoiler, wheels and even the obvious lines in general, look like the current model of GT500. Maybe there are some subtle differences under there, but unless they for some reason masked a Mustang as a Shelby AND then pad it up to test it... I highly doubt they were Mustangs.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:11 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Nearly all of the new Mustang test mules caught out in publis thus far have had the GT500 wheels. It is also widely said that the new Mustang will adapt much of the current GT500's styling cues. It has also been said that the new Cobra will be SVT designated only, and will not as a Shelby. I'm not saying you were layinc claim to something amazing, just that I am more than positive those aren't Shelby's......
Old 04-06-2008, 05:16 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Well I guess I haven't see where all that has been "said", but I can tell you that they were supercharged and had all the signs of GT500, including the fact that the front and rear of the 5 WERE unpadded, uncamo'd GT500s.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:10 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

I'm guessing you could hear the supercahrger, then????
Old 04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Oh ya. Unmistakeable. You know the sound. You see the pictures where they were driving past me? The second they saw my camera pointed out the window each one of them punched it. Being as they did so pretty much right as then drove by me, 15 feet away, I can tell you with certainly they were supercharged. You and I both know that sound is very distinct.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:42 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Hmmm.... Then maybe it is the rumored SVT Cobra test mule then. I've read/heard from many sources, that there will be a new Cobra solely by SVT, and a new Shelbycar will slot in even higher....

Quick Reply: Shelby Mules caught in Denver...