Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

ford being bought???

Old 05-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ford being bought???

As I have said like ten times before, bring over the Aussi Falcon and Euro Focus. They are both awesome cars. Falconhasa 5.4 N/A V8, or various turbo I6sand the Focus can has a Turbo? I5.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:15 PM
fordsbestcar
3rd Gear Member

the focus Euro design and the fiesta are coming. the Falcon prob will never make it. if it did it wouldn't have nearly as much power. but i do agree their awesome.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

nah, you got it wrong!
A huge Chinese auto company is buying Ford!
Heck, they already have a Chinese man sculpting the Martin Luther King, Jr. sculpture that will be in Washington D.C.
The idiots running this country are only too happy to sell out to the Chinese!
Saving a few pennies while there's a giant flushing sound...
Old 05-11-2008, 10:31 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scott1606

That better not happen. Ford started in America and should stay. I know that Ford is having problem but so are other car companies. People should start buying American cars.
That's why I own 5 Fords....I'm trying to help the company out by not buying foreign cars. What gets me is when folks try to justify their purchase by saying things like, it was assembled in the U.S., the quality is better or I wanted a car that gets better gas mileage. When will folks walk up?! Yeah sure, it might be assembled here, but where does that profit go?!
I think the quality of our cars speaks for themselves as proved by various companies who have tested them against the competition.
Years ago you didn't see many foreign cars on the road. Today, I see at least 7 out of 10! What a shame! It's only killing our American car companies and American heritage. [sm=patriot.gif]
Old 05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Ford is also currently at the same level of quality as Honda and Toyota anyway. Saw this in the paper and on Yahoo a couple of weeks ago. It'sonly the bad rep domestics got from their slip ups in the late 70's and 80's that is keeping people from trusting them again. They don't know how to move on.

You can't even trust Consumer Reports. They were giving any Toyota that came out a recommendation based solely on the company's rep (ie theydidn't actually test the car) They soon got into trouble for itbecause they found out Toyota (Like everybody else)has their share of problems.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 AM
blkgt500
1st Gear Member

VW[sm=shootshoot.gif] aint nothing but FWD POS cars
Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jsmooth86

Naw, everybody knows honda is gonna buy out ford. Watch out for those V-tech stangs that are gonna come out. *lawn mower sound* vrrrrmmmmmmmmmm....
ORIGINAL: Elwood

Honda can take their V-TAK and shove itup their... well you get the idea.
Props to imports for what they do to their own cars but leave Ford alone.
I believe the current 3 valve utilizes similar technology to Honda's Vtec.

"Variable camshaft timing was a key in the quest to wring more power from the Mustang’s 4.6 liter, 3 valve [/b] MOD V-8 engine, while simultaneously improving efficiency and reducing emissions. VCT lets allows the valves operate at optimum points in the combustion cycle, tailored to the engine’s speed and load at that instant. Similar to the Honda VTEC"

I would love to see a mustang put out by Honda. The reliablility would strengthen and they would honor the styling and flavor of the car while infusing new technology. What's wrong with that?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:27 AM
fordsbestcar
3rd Gear Member

uh no. honda needs to stay with their little economic boring cars. and by the way VW doesn't suck.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

That's great, but this isn't the 70's. Honda has been making fast and exciting cars for a decade.

But hey, i get it. It's a Mustang forum so everyone here is supposed to be ignorant of other brands right? I mean on the wrx forums they still think our cars perform like the 90's stangs. Fight ignorance with ignorance right? riiiiight.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Yeah basically everybody has variable camshaft timing now. It's nothing unique.

As far as being fast and exciting...Hondas can be, but in a different way than a Mustang. And where reliability is concerned, Ford is now considered to be on par with Toyota and Honda in initial quality.

Every company has their strengths (except for Kia [8D]) A Mustang will always have to be a Ford to me. Same with a Camaro being a Chevy, a Supra being a Toyota, etc.

Ignorance? Yeah we are definately biased but I thought we generally had a good crowd here. Now some of the Ls1 forums that I've seen... those are hilarious.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ford being bought???