Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

ford being bought???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:10 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ford being bought???

ORIGINAL: troy81

make weed legal, help the american economy
I'd agree with that only if they made smoking regular cigs illegal. [:'(]I'd be happy for that trade off...even if I don't agree with either. [X(]
Old 08-22-2008, 07:40 AM
jjgt07
1st Gear Member

way to go scott, i agee, rice burners should be blown up at the boarder of this country!! by american or go to h$%^
Old 08-24-2008, 08:34 PM
2ndHand95

Default ford being bought???

Originally Posted by V8Grl
I heard from a friend that VW is planning on buying out Ford ..... i dont believe it .. but i wanna know if anyone knows for sure ....
Ford will most likely not be bought by VW. VW owns Audi, Lambo, Bugatti, Seat, Skoda, etc. I predict that GM will probably go under first, followed shortly by Chrysler, due to record losses and respectable pension plans that they intend to honor (bad news for the company, good news for the employees.) If the current financial trends keep up, Ford may be bought, but it is a longshot. Lets all remember that we can change this situation by buying domestics, like the Mustang. And though hybrids like the Civic and Prius do save us gas, they support foreign economies. The Ford Escape and similar vehicles are better investments with the same crash test ratings as comparable foreign SUVs. And by the way, does anybody know an inexpensive way to WAKE up a 95 5.0 without a s/c, t/c or nitrous?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:00 PM
tntcobra
1st Gear Member

I love this debate about buying American. What is an American car? The Fusion from Mexico? The Subaru from Indiana? Or the Honda from Alabama? Or the Toyota from Kentucky? And what about Saab made by GM? There is just too much inbreeding in the car world to flatly say that such and such a car is American.

Look, I love the Mustang and I am a Ford fan. But (historically) reliability has not been as good at the Japanese names. BUT, sadly, even that has gone down hill since they are made here. The "J" Vin cars have fewer problems then almost any other car made. Just check Consumer Reports. Yes, there are exceptions, but overall it's true. Check out things like initial quality rankings & reliability ratings.

I'm sorry, I'd love to be able to say otherwise. And reality is that as the Japanese have fallen off, the Americans have gotten better.

So, is Ford being bought? Would anyone notice? Will Jaguar be missed?

Oldsmobile & Plymouth have gone away. AMC before that. What about Eagle & Merkur? Or go further back to classics like Studebaker & Kaiser. If a car (or any) company makes a quality product and can offer it at a fair price, it will sell and the company will stick around.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Junior OTard
Banned

Why buy american? Screw GM and Chrysler, I bleed FORD blue.

And if you bought a Mustang for reliability then your a complete tool. lol I mean think about it, nothing about the car is practical. Trunks small, gas tank is small, it guzzles gas, no back seat and cops like to pull you over.

But christ almighty is it fun to drive. =)

Dont buy Ford because its american, buy Ford because its a cool car. Thats why I did atleast =/
Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
qtrmile

the rumored take over of VW to Ford made VW shares up by 3%+. But i think Ford has diminish the said rumor.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:40 AM
fordstangblack
1st Gear Member

The one good thing about our government is the ability to bail out other companies, just depends who wins the election. http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/04/news...ion=2008090416
Old 09-06-2008, 10:06 AM
SWATSCHOOL
I ♥ Acer

I don't see it happening.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:26 PM
E-FOR-SIX///M3

Originally Posted by scott1606
That better not happen. Ford started in America and should stay. I know that Ford is having problem but so are other car companies. People should start buying american cars.