Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.

I've been driving Mustangs continuously since the 60's and I just about always acknowledge other Mustangs with a wave or thumbs-up and they usually do the same to me. The true Mustang enthusiasts treat owning these cars as part of a lifestyle or brotherhood of sorts and that's what's cool about owning a Mustang. To many, including me, the Mustang is an iconic part of Americana. There are those though that the Mustang is just another car that takes them from point A to point B and they have no idea why you are waving at them so they just ignore you. Don't take it the wrong way when the 'snub' you, they just don't feel the same way we do about these cars.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Screw them then they need to give the car back if they can't act accordingly.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Yeah it was funny yesterday I was trying to get next to this GTO and give him the thumbs up and he accelerated over to the the right lane to get away from me andto accelerate around traffic, healmost ran into a back of a truck. So I went over there myself and snick up to the side and then told him that I was just trying to give him the thumbs up and then proceeded to blow off his doors. It was funny.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

me and most of the guys who drive s197's around where I live usually wave at eachother. those with older mustangs either ignore me or try to show off. interestingly though, I have never had a woman in an s197 wave at me [&:]
Old 06-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

And here I get people walking their dogs to stop and turn around to watch me when I drive by.

Don't worry about it, some people just have that mindset, best to just forget them and find someone who's friendlier.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:13 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

i don't even have mine yet (merry christmas?), and I feel like giving a nice big thumbs up to any S197 i see on the road. sighhhh
Old 06-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

^Lol. I know EXACTLY how you feel. It becomes an obsession!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:50 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I always wave to any Mustang but seldom get a response. You have to remember that most Mustang owners are not enthusiasts, especially women. If your a guy and wave they think you're coming on to them. When I do get a response it make me feel good like I'm a member of a special fraternity.

Its funny but when I'm driving my wife's Intrepid and come up next to a nice Mustang I feel like I'm not a member of the Mustang club and I don't wave. Do I need a shrink?
Old 06-21-2008, 11:45 AM
rcaponong
1st Gear Member

I look at the Mustang wave just like you would when you walk by a total stranger and say hello. Some will be very friendly and say hello to you. Some will just smile. Some will totally ignore you.

Somewhere between the caveman days and today, humans lost their ability for common courtesy. It wasn't that long ago that you could walk up to a total stranger and start a conversation with them. Nowadays, when you see people and have the urge to talk to them, they look like they're suffering from constipation and look at you like you're from another planet.

Going back to the Mustang wave, I make eye contact first and if they look like they've acknowledged me, then I wave. Most don't even look at me.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:44 PM
NocturnalV6
2nd Gear Member

I have a black gt in my neighborhood and he and I wave at eachother but for the most part people don't understand the brood of owning a mustang. just a simple thump on the steering wheel and fingers wave will do but noooooo. lol. I'm with you guys though, if you own a mustang be proud of such and be cool to other owners...we're driving phukin neons here.

Quick Reply: I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.