Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Official 2010 Camaro Specs LEAKED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 03:16 PM
jssblues
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Official 2010 Camaro Specs LEAKED!!!

you tube is full of videos of camaro's eating mustangs alive......
WE NEED TO CHANGE THAT..................
Old 07-20-2008, 09:36 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jssblues

you tube is full of videos of camaro's eating mustangs alive......
WE NEED TO CHANGE THAT..................
Don't take that at face value. Those ppl who like to post Mustang deaths make it a point to NEVER post Mustang kills. I rolled an 00 Z28 a year or so ago that had a guy filming it (for internet braggin rights). Well, I searched the local and big sites and couldn't find any postings of me beating this guy. Guess that one never happened.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:39 AM
quiksilver00
2nd Gear Member

this camaro will die the same slow and painful death its last generation did.....to the mustang.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:00 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

i'm a car lover, not a hater. looking forward to seeing one of these on the road. i've already seen 3 orange Challengers on the freeway, ready for the Camaro.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
LT1RUNNER
1st Gear Member

I think the car will be here for awhile. Who else is the Mustang going to compete with? The rivalry!!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:05 PM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

I have no idea why there's so much hate towards this car! From the looks of things the bowtie bunch has managed to put together a pretty impressive package. (Not saying that i'd trade my 'Stang in on one, but still)

Sure it weighs 3,700 lbs. That's not a whole lot more thantheS-197's of today.Let's not forget folks that the current Mustang is pretty porky in it's own right.

And last but not least the Camaro has an IRS. Imagine a rear wheel drivemuscle car from Detroit that ACTUALLY HANDLES!How bad can that be? I wish Ford would get on the ball and do the same for the Mustang. A live axle set up on a street car in this day and age is just stupid. Now I know all the drag racers are going to have something to say about that. But come on. How many Mustang buyers are drag racers?

Instead of hating on what looks like a solid entry into the American muscle ranks let's save the outrage for those who really deserve it. (like, oh i donno...all those jerks driving around in Civics w/ those stupid fart can mufflers on 'em)
Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
LT1RUNNER
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedDevilSC

I have no idea why there's so much hate towards this car! From the looks of things the bowtie bunch has managed to put together a pretty impressive package. (Not saying that i'd trade my 'Stang in on one, but still)

Sure it weighs 3,700 lbs. That's not a whole lot more thantheS-197's of today.Let's not forget folks that the current Mustang is pretty porky in it's own right.

And last but not least the Camaro has an IRS. Imagine a rear wheel drivemuscle car from Detroit that ACTUALLY HANDLES!How bad can that be? I wish Ford would get on the ball and do the same for the Mustang. A live axle set up on a street car in this day and age is just stupid. Now I know all the drag racers are going to have something to say about that. But come on. How many Mustang buyers are drag racers?

Instead of hating on what looks like a solid entry into the American muscle ranks let's save the outrage for those who really deserve it. (like, oh i donno...all those jerks driving around in Civics w/ those stupid fart can mufflers on 'em)
X 100000000000000................
Old 07-21-2008, 09:39 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

i like the look of the camaro but i still love my mustang.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:54 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

I agree with RedDevil, both on the count of the Camaro being a cool car and that rice burners suck

I think the Camaro has several good sides to it: it's powerful, cool looking, and has an IRS

Next time I'm looking at buying a sports car, i.e. Fall 2009, I'll check out both the Mustang and the Camaro
Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Just took a look at some real world, outdoor photos:
http://cars.about.com/od/chevrolet/i...Camaro-photos/

I'm not enjoying the rear, as it just looks too much like the Saturn Sky! What's with those taillights? And I think the lower fascia might look better body color instead of black. And is that chrome around them? Oh, I just LOVE keeping chrome clean! [:@]

But that, and maybe having those 4 gauges down too low by the shifter, are my only real complaints. I like the aggressive front end and the hood, the interior looks great. Looks like it comes with Bluetooth controls on the steering wheel and maybe volume controls for the stereo. Are those speakers up on the door next to the A-pillar?

But I have a feeling this is going to be a significantly more expensive car than the Mustang, either in V-6 or V-8, SS models. So a comparison is going to be a little unfair. And with the price of gas, for a daily driver, I think the Mustang is going to represent more value with either engine option.
I think it's the GT500 that is going to be seeing sales drop. If I were in the market for a big power muscle car I'd choose the Challenger or the SS Camaro. But then maybe they'll stop marking the GT500 up and then IT will become the bargain car?

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Camaro Specs LEAKED!!!