Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Tons of 2010 Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:37 PM
BladeX10
2nd Gear Member

Doesn't look to different from the current generation.. Id have to see one in person to really give my opinion.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:29 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I guess I would have to see it in person to give it a final judgement, heck I might think it looks awesome in person.

However- In the pictures I'm not at all impresssed. When I first saw it I thought that it looks like a small sedan, not a...Mustang...or even semi-Muscle car. I have a feeling its going to become more of an Exotic over the next 10 or so years (dont get me wrong-I LOVE Exotics, especially Lotus, but Mustang + Exotic just doesn't seem to go together). It looks to Small, the headlights look too small, the grill looks to small.. I Love the new style of the front (how it comes "down") but they should have kept larger headlights and and larger grill. I can say that I like how the exhaust looks on it now though, and I also like the interior a lot better... They should put a similar exhaust + that interior in the S197 and they'd have an AWESOME vehicle!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:24 AM
qtrmile

Originally Posted by Joolander
that's because the "dalmatian spots" help obscure the lines of the car... all you can really see is the outline

that's why it kind of looks rounded everywhere
so that's why,, thanks!!! that has been bugging me for a long time. so i guess its like teaser for the real thing?

Old 09-28-2008, 12:22 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't exactly call this "tons" of pictures.....
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM
cjayy2008
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by A_Drunken_Llama
I wouldn't exactly call this "tons" of pictures.....
well i found " alot " of pictures just didnt post them all .
if you want to go all smart on me .
its called exaggeration ...
Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
I guess the interior looks ok. I'd want to see it in person. No matter what, I told my girl I'm going to keep my current car as long as possible.

The window sticker says 12 mpg city, 32 mpg hwy. Hwy is way up from 23. The annual fuel cost is still a laugher. It says fuel based on 2.80 per gallon. We'd think that was terrific now.
the low and high values on that bar don't indicate the city and highway MPG, they're just arbitrary range markers. if the average mpg is STILL 18, there's clearly no change in store for the engine...
Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
the low and high values on that bar don't indicate the city and highway MPG, they're just arbitrary range markers. if the average mpg is STILL 18, there's clearly no change in store for the engine...

I guess that was being too optimistic wasn't it?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:02 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
I guess that was being too optimistic wasn't it?
sorry man. don't mean to rain on your parade. maybe 2011?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Pheonix
1st Gear Member

I read somewhere that Ford is trying to make the Mustang "appear" smaller. In reality the dimensions are not that much different from the 05 body, but Ford said they made an observation that people associate fuel consumption with car size, meaning smaller car = better mileage. They are trying to get the edge over the Camaro and Challenger (a boat of a car) by making this car with somewhat the same dimensions as the previous model just appear as a smaller car with different styling and appeal to the fuel-friendly minded crowd. I guess that's why they're also doing the EcoBoost V6? Just what I heard, don't quote me on that.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Pheonix
I read somewhere that Ford is trying to make the Mustang "appear" smaller. In reality the dimensions are not that much different from the 05 body, but Ford said they made an observation that people associate fuel consumption with car size, meaning smaller car = better mileage. They are trying to get the edge over the Camaro and Challenger (a boat of a car) by making this car with somewhat the same dimensions as the previous model just appear as a smaller car with different styling and appeal to the fuel-friendly minded crowd. I guess that's why they're also doing the EcoBoost V6? Just what I heard, don't quote me on that.
Who goes to buy a mustang worried about fuel mileage!!!

Quick Reply: Tons of 2010 Pictures