Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

The newest Mustang Teaser!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

looking through those closeups on the Ford preview site... I'm also going through my own photos of my GT to see the differences.

The new 5-spoke wheel looks like it's going to show more of the brakes than the bullitt style rims. I hope they are going to upgrade the now-visible disks! Bigger? Drilled or slotted?

Is that the new REAR badge? Where did the key hole go? I can hear the complaints and constant questions already- How do I open my trunk??? Maybe we finally get a remote trunk release? I wonder if the cost of a release is as much as the cost of a keyhole? LOL

Looks like it only took them 5 years to paint the mirrors body color but just the top half.

It also looks like they have the cruise control features all on one side of the steering wheel. I wonder why they moved the ones I use the MOST to the left side? Could we be getting radio controls on the right??? I see something that looks like that but the photo is too blurry. Knock on wood! And is that a billet pony insert? That would be cool as there wouldn't be any more bubbling that we've read about with the current ones.

I like the 2 big gauges, even though I get a little of the new Camaro from them... or is it the new Challenger? But I see they switched them and the Tach is now on the right, like in the GT500. And looks like now just 2 smaller gauges in the middle.
The 2 center air vents are rectangular, perhaps to allow more space for the stereo? I also see how they are changing the style of the round vents. I've seen very similar ones in other make cars and think that's probably a good thing!

Can't tell if the current lighter plug will still be there as they've got it too dark to tell.Hopefully there will be a power plug up there.

The seats look the same but now have contrasting stitching. Hardly the kind of upgrade anyone would pay for! But it does look cool. I see they also have the same stitching in the steering wheel.
And I hope we're getting the kind of cover for the cupholders that it seems it has! But does the center storage area look like it might be smaller? I'm pretty sure the lid is shorter. Looks like the entire center console has been redesigned. The leather door insert is also different but I can't tell if they are using the same perforated leather from the center of the seats like the current ones.
And is that the shifter **** from the new Bullitt? Alright with me! Although I see we still have 5 forward gears and not 6. But why isn't there contrasting leather stitching around the shifter? Did it get too dirty there in the test cars? And it looks like that's a chrome piece surrounding the shifter? Not crazy about chrome in my car, as it shows fingerprints and really should be matching the ****, but once again, traditionalists like the chrome!
Can't tell too much from the exterior photos but the front wheel flare seems to be higher in the photo looking along the side. In the photo from the side it doesn't look that different from the current fender. Can't tell anything about the hood. The new front corner markers appear to be different but it is a little too dark to be sure.
But the color reminds me a lot of the color of the now-infamous Giugiaro concept Mustang from the winter 2006 auto shows. I'm wondering how popular that color is going to be.

Overall, at this time, it does look updated and not quite so retro. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on your personal tastes. I think it's the natural way to go and am glad that they haven't made any too drastic leaps and given us a too highly futuristic Mustang. I would love to see updates and changes to the important things, like brakes, suspension and engine but we know all about the costs that major chassis changes will require.
I just went to http://laautoshow.com/ and the first thing I noticed was the new Hyundai that's supposed to keep up with the Mustang is on that page... and it's a very similar orange color! AAAAUUUGH!
I'm thinking about going to the preview night... but $125 (or $250 for DELUXE hor d'oeuvres, booze and a chair) seems a bit high. Especially lately... Anyone want to plan a morning trip for when they debut the Mustang?

but hey! Look at the photo on the Preview Night page:
http://laautoshow.com/SneakPreviewNight.html

What car is that? Look at that front fender. Looks like a Mustang! But the mirror and dash are way different... Weird!

Old 10-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

me not likey so far. the headlights look weird and the center arm rest and the dash look kinda cheesy; those air vents are so '90s :P the seats do look good, though

i like the lines on the s197s better
Old 10-25-2008, 04:54 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
l

but hey! Look at the photo on the Preview Night page:
http://laautoshow.com/SneakPreviewNight.html

What car is that? Look at that front fender. Looks like a Mustang! But the mirror and dash are way different... Weird!

Thats a BMW
Old 10-26-2008, 09:51 AM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

The whole thing is a gimmick to get everyone wet in their pants and super excited about the release date. GM did that with the Camaro for 8 years before they gae a definate release date. WTF. They dangle this crap in front of us for years and think we'll still be excited when it finally comes out??? I have a feeling that alot of people are going to expect to much and be sorta dissapointed.
Have they released pricing? Will it be under $40k?
Old 10-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Originally Posted by RuffCat
Have they released pricing? Will it be under $40k?

NO, and YES
Old 10-26-2008, 05:03 PM
FocknAwesome

Ford designers can't afford to disappoint with the one car with reliable sales in their fleet. The car is going to be a change, and one that most of us will get used to and appreciate eventually if not immediately.

I think the shots from the Car & Driver cover are pretty close, but that may be the front end from the GT500. Not a total re-design...we don't need one, just a re-fresh.

It's all speculation at this point. I remember in '04 I was expecting/hoping the concept car would roll onto showroom floors without change from the '03 shows. The finished product wasn't what I expected but I eventually warmed up and bought one.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

yes, the whole silly teaser pic thing is what they did with the Challenger earlier this year. It has a huge markup, but is also not being sold in the high volume of Mustangs, is it?
Anyone know how available the lesser model Challengers are and if they are moving?

onto another subject, at the recent BK Auction in Vegas they had a "new" Camaro on show and it was getting lots of attention. But I checked the VIN and it had an X at the start of it so I'm guessing it was still a concept and not a real production version. When seeing one of these "spy" cars be sure to check the VIN # when you see one.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:46 AM
MustangFanatic44
Salad Farts

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
Here is a pick of the new hood.

I also found this picture of the mustang ranchero. It looks photoshopped though. I hope its a concept that never sees the light of day.

hmmmm...

lol eew looks like the el camino.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Alright!
The new pic of the center console is up and it looks like my guess was correct! The 2010 Mustang will now have a remote trunk release! I'm a little concerned about its placement, as it looks like it could be triggered easily, maybe if you have a big thumb and reached for the shifter wrong. I'm going to make another assumption and guess that it will be locked out until the car is not running.
I also see we have something I never saw a need for - dual front climate controls. A power passenger seat should have come way before that. Let's see if they give it.

I gotta tell you though, that shifter **** from the new Bullitt is making me ready to place an order! Well, that and all the problems with filling up the tank in my '05!
Old 10-31-2008, 03:53 PM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

The redesigned interior looks really good in my opinion looks alot better than some of the mules interior just a few subtle differences now while they may not have needed to redesign for 2010
i dont see why ford would streamline without some kind off engine improvement

Quick Reply: The newest Mustang Teaser!!