Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Camaro vs. 2010 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 11:46 AM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

the camaro sucks, end of conversation.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:36 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

so does a 4.0L V6 that can only produce 210 HP....
Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Jefffrow

Well...I can understand what the original post is trying to say. I bought my Mustang a little over a year ago and at the time the Mustang was pretty much the only thing out there as far as "Buy American" goes. I knew the Challangers and Camaros were coming, but that it would take years to get past the intial special models and stuff. I have been a GMC guy all my life due to my brother working for GM for a long time. Theres a great article in this months Modified Mustangs and Fords that talks about the day of being a "Ford Man" or a "Bowtie Guy" are gone. Kids dont buy Fords because thier dads did and you can see driveways were there will be a Chevy car and a Ford Truck sitting there. Ford enjoyed several years as being the only show in town with the Mustang and that leads me back to one reason I bought mine. Since having it for a year I have a bunch more reasons for keeping it and planning on keeping it ALONG time. I am not as smart as the engineers at Ford but since there is a LOT of compitition in town now they have to do more than just make a Mustang. The new Challangers are off the hook in my opinion!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by A_Drunken_Llama
Ever heard you have to pay to play?

I'll take a 210HP/240Torque stang for under $20k new any day over any other car for under $20k new. And if you really are pissed at that, you shoulda bought a gt or gt500 .
Old 10-31-2008, 01:57 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_Joe
Ever heard you have to pay to play?

I'll take a 210HP/240Torque stang for under $20k new any day over any other car for under $20k new. And if you really are pissed at that, you shoulda bought a gt or gt500 .
I'm not talking about the car... but the engine.... 4 whole liters? with an output slightly above 200 hp.... haha.... that's what's so sad... and the Camaro has a 3.6L 300 hp V6....
Old 10-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

The 2.5 in my Forester gets 210, but it's a turbo.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Ugh..people always comparing different year models.

That's like comparing a BMW inilne six of 5 years ago with one today, no comparison.

The ford 4.0 has been around for almost a decade and not a whole lot has changed in that motor. Chevy has had the 3.6L in production for less than a couple of years. Different generation...totally different specs. Direct Injection 3.6 with an 11:1 compression ratio vs a 2v 9.8:1 compression ratio using standard multiport FI. No comparison.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:48 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Ugh..people always comparing different year models.

That's like comparing a BMW inilne six of 5 years ago with one today, no comparison.

The ford 4.0 has been around for almost a decade and not a whole lot has changed in that motor. Chevy has had the 3.6L in production for less than a couple of years. Different generation...totally different specs. Direct Injection 3.6 with an 11:1 compression ratio vs a 2v 9.8:1 compression ratio using standard multiport FI. No comparison.
the comparison lies in that these two engines are put into competing models.... my point being that Ford needs to get rid of it and go with the new engine from the Flex or anything.... anything but the one we have now
Old 10-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

the comparison lies in that these two engines are put into competing models.... my point being that Ford needs to get rid of it and go with the new engine from the Flex or anything.... anything but the one we have now
4.0=Fun torquey cheap engine perfect for your average mustang enthusiast
3.5 300HP V8 maro engine=expensive advanced engine

As stated in another post, basic engines should have nothing to do with why you are buying a car if you're looking for performance. Turbo's on stock internals with supporting mods for the 4.0 will/have hit low 12's for DD at 12psi. Fazm's engine is running fine and he has put a lot of miles on his car since the install and drives the **** out of it. 11sec DD turbo 4.0's aren't close to out of the question.

And have you seen the 11sec DD SRT-4's, 11sec DD Mustang GT's(probably a few 10sec turbo's out there on stock internals), 10sec DD cobra's, 10sec DD f-bodies, 13sec n/a DD SI's(unstripped), 12 and 11sec turbo SI's, 11sec DD STI's and EVO's(probably some 10sec ones too), etc. Point is, money into car=best performance possible. You should never buy a car for performance and be pissed about it because you don't have the money to make it as fast as you want or you should of bought a higher model. If the "Pathetic" 4.0 model stang can be an 11sec DD with stock internals (which are partially forged), any car in this category has great enough to be a street or all out track monster(Rygen's 10sec 4.0 and buckman's low 11sec 4.0) potential V6 or bigger. Get the damn car you want based on looks or something else, all have the potential for performance as long as you're willing to spend the money.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:43 PM
mach1stang73

Camaro Sucks Agreed, gonna be just like putting our 4.6 vs the LT1/LS1's for all those years.

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro vs. 2010 Mustang