Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Camaro vs. 2010 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Default 2010 Camaro vs. 2010 Mustang

Hey guys, ive been doing some reading up on both of these cars and i have learned that Ford most likely is not going to put in the 5.0 Hurricane Motor. But as for chevrolet their LS model is coming packed with a 300HP V6 that is the same motor as the current GT, and has been running similar times! I will give it to chevrolet the camaro looks nice, but i have been drooling and waiting and looking at the mustangs pictures that they have released. The hood looks awsome has anyone heard anything else i hope Ford does not let Chevy get by them on this one! What do you guys know and have heard?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

I gotta be honest man i have been considering getting rid of my 08 GT and getting a camaro SS. BUT we have not seen what ford will do yet so i might get another mustang
Old 10-30-2008, 08:51 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
their LS model is coming packed with a 300HP V6 that is the same motor as the current GT, and has been running similar times!

I am nuetral as far as brands, for the most part, but where did you hear this? Let's take a look at some numbers shall we?

Camaro LS v6 = 300 hp and 272 torque - Current Mustang GT = 300 hp 320 torque

50 lb of torque difference. Camarao v6 = 3700 lbs (ss = 3900 lbs) Mustang GT 3500 lbs

All these numbers are not exact, but fairly close. You are looking at about 50 lb more torque and 200 lbs less in the Mustang.

Once again, you see these times where?

It appears to me things have not changed. The v6 Camaro will be a tad faster than a v6 Mustang, but for $3 - 5k more. There is no mid level v8 at the moment, so the SS will compete with the GT500.

I was hoping the GM would want to get away from the old formula that killed the Camaro in the first place. It appears they are going down the beaten path. Hopefully I am wrong. :P

- C
Old 10-30-2008, 10:07 AM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

Ok so honestly i think the camaro doesnt look that hot and if you like your mustang or mustangs in general stick with it
Im not by any means saying that you cant look at the camaro hopefully its in your rearview mirror or your right mirror when you do but there is no reason to run for the hills over something you read somewhere
if you like the new camaro get it if your a ford fanatic stick with that
Old 10-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

There will always be a newer faster model coming out. Some people want to flip their car every 4 years. Not me. I simply can't afford that kind of loss.

Wish I could.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:19 PM
NaplesFL11GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
There will always be a newer faster model coming out. Some people want to flip their car every 4 years. Not me. I simply can't afford that kind of loss.

Wish I could.
I hear ya on this one. I cant afford to trade in my car anymore and take a loss like I have been my whole life practically. I am happy with my 05 and going to keep it for a long time.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:55 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

if you're worried about performance then just buy some crazy expensive muscular exotic that you know the muscle cars won't be able to beat for several years hahaha

for example... the Audi S5 will still pwn the Camaro SS....

oh, and I would like to add that comparing the Camaro SS and the Mustang GT is like comparing the Audi S5 and Camaro SS..... one is faster than the other.... but also much more expensive....
Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Cuzzo
2nd Gear Member

Maybe they'll come out with a z28 model (if they haven't yet?) or something after the SS has had its debut. Similar to the challenger and the 5.7L not available till a year after the 6.1L
Old 10-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by NaplesFL05GT
I hear ya on this one. I cant afford to trade in my car anymore and take a loss like I have been my whole life practically. I am happy with my 05 and going to keep it for a long time.
+1 My 2005 was recently paid off.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Look at it this way if you're like me and you can't afford to flip your car all the time.

You can always get it paid off and buy a blower. And if that doesn't cut it? Save up a few more years and buy another engine. If you really like the body style that's not such a bad idea then.

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro vs. 2010 Mustang