Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Mustang Reveal event PICS!!!!! (56k OK)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 02:48 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Default 2010 Mustang Reveal event PICS!!!!! (56k OK)

Ok so when I heard that they were going to reveal the new 2010 mustang in the Barker hangar of the Santa Monica airport and that registration was free, I signed up right away. I also live like 5 minutes away. Appearently there were many satellite locations but this one was the live one.

Well I got there and there were tons of mustangs, new and old, rare and common all parked in a show formation. After about 2 hours of anxious waiting, we finally got to go in. Well for the public who have registered, we were only allowed to watch the actual revealing show/stage on a big screen right on the outside of the hangar where the show was at. Only VIP's were actually allowed in. Each registered guest was suppose to have been given a coupon to receive a free gift at the end. Well I never got a coupon so I went up to the counter right before the show started.

I asked if I was suppose to receive a coupon so I can exchange it for a gift later. She asked me if I was registered? I said yes. She asked me for my last name and I gave it to her. She then said "oh ok I see you." Then this guy comes up and asks the people "is it him?" whilst pointing at me.

He then took out a wrist band and said congraduations, you just won a VIP seat so you can go inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like NO WAY!!!! this is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to me for a long *** time. He gave me 4 extra bands for my buddies who were there because I couldn't leave them behind.

Let me tell you, it was a SHOW! So much better actually being seated watching it in real life than being right outside watching from the screen or at home. Under each VIP seat was a bag with the scale model of the new Mustang, an event T-shirt, and a brochure (I found out that the regular registered guests got a model car car too but only the car at the end of the show).

Four of the new 2010 mustangs as well as a modified 2010 Falken drift mustang came out in a drift fashion and displayed themselves on the stage. All the big names were there and introduced themselves. Shelby, Roush, Thomson, Parnelli, John & Ashley Force etc etc. The cars you see displayed on the racks that make them look like toys are real and were their personal/race cars back in the days.

At the end of the presentation, everyone including the guest watching from the outside was allowed to come on stage and get a look and feel of the new Mustangs close up. Speed TV was documenting the event live and also held many interviews on the floor with the big names. It was followed by an autographing session.

Anyway I put all the pics I took uploaded onto flickr because it was too many to link into here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32555438@N03/

Pics are loaded in reverse so start from the last page from my first photos. Basically the outdoor ones are when I was walking around checking out the cars before the show, followed by the regularly registered guest area where we expected to watch on the scren, followed by me surprisingly getting in and taking pics from my VIP seat and finally whilst walking around the floor.

Before the show, Falken had a drift demo where they took a few lucky fans on a ride. I recorded one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSGNq_bFj_I

Enjoy!!!!!!!! Who's your daddy???

Thanks,
Brandon

Last edited by StriderTacticaL; 11-19-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:19 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Man if I had known it was at the SM airport I would've come down. My buddy lives a short walk away on 17th near Penmar GC.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

wow those are some awesome pics and you couldnt have been luckier that you won the VIP pass cool beans on them letting your buddies in to
Old 11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Thanks, I tried to take as many pics as I could but my digicam is really ****..

Like I never used flash on most of the pics but sometimes if I take a pic in a dark setting without flash, it extends the exposure time a lot and it always comes out blurry as you can see in most of the pre-show starting pics I took of the stage when it was all blue.

Yeah I was stoked that I was lucky enough to get in and more so that the staff were nice enough to help me out with extra bands for my buddies.