Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I am sick of this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:52 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Im not a big fan at all......and no Im not jelious. I honestly would take an 03' Mach over the 2010 if someone had the keys to both, I just dont like the back end of the 2010 or the interior. Just because I dont like something doesnt mean Im jelious
Old 11-28-2008, 12:15 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mynameismike65
Im not a big fan at all......and no Im not jelious. I honestly would take an 03' Mach over the 2010 if someone had the keys to both, I just dont like the back end of the 2010 or the interior. Just because I dont like something doesnt mean Im jelious
I just can't see how anyone can not like the interior but to each there own I guess.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Appearance stuff is HIGHLY subjective. And it may be over something as minor (to some) as the "wrong" or conflicting dash vent shapes.
Or something more substantial, like not having a full set of gauges, or gauge faces that you don't particularly care for, or stuff that's hard to see or reach.

For example, I like the '08 steering wheel better than the '10's. But I'm not the least bit crazy about the bright finish on the '08 GT's
dash (I like the satin finish on the Bullitt version far better). It wasn't enough to keep me from buying the car, but it is enough to notice
under just the wrong circumstances with sun reflections. Some day I'll get around to doing something about that.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 11-28-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: fix text width
Old 11-28-2008, 02:01 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Appearance stuff is HIGHLY subjective. And it may be over something as minor (to some) as the "wrong" or conflicting dash vent shapes.
Or something more substantial, like not having a full set of gauges, or gauge faces that you don't particularly care for, or stuff that's hard to see or reach.

For example, I like the '08 steering wheel better than the '10's. But I'm not the least bit crazy about the bright finish on the '08 GT's
dash (I like the satin finish on the Bullitt version far better). It wasn't enough to keep me from buying the car, but it is enough to notice
under just the wrong circumstances with sun reflections. Some day I'll get around to doing something about that.

Norm
Actually many cars have round vents on the side and rectangular vents in the middle including the 67/68 Mustang interior that the S197's interior harks back to.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:30 PM
DarthMopar

Speaking as a NON Mustang owner, I think it looks awesome. I'd be happy to won one of the new ones.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:29 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarthMopar
Speaking as a NON Mustang owner, I think it looks awesome. I'd be happy to won one of the new ones.
I'd be happy if I won one as well! Then I wouldn't mind owning one...sorry I had to!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:58 AM
backinblack68

Default s197

I own a 2006 S197 and I don't like the 2010 model , but it doesn't bother me or make me jealous. It just makes me feel like I have a more unique car now that they are changing it again.I am very happy with what I have. How boring would it be if they never changed it since 1964 though? Think about it.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 AM
dmark101

you know, i used to really hate the look and bloated appearance of the new edge car when it first appeared in late 98. that didn't stop me when i bought my 01 cobra back in oct 01. it took a little bit for the car to grow on me, but i came to appreciate its look, especially seeing my car after a nice wash and wax.

but yeah, i happen to really like the lines of the car and one of the things i REALLY liked was the rear end. i liked how the S197 was styled like the 67/68 mustangs but i like the 2010 model more than the 2005 model. so much so that i am thinking about buying one.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
ohskigod
2nd Gear Member

Truth be told, I like the overall design of the new stang. Sure there are some things I dont like, but nothing is perfect.

I like the look of the front fascia and hood overall. The rear end is a hit and miss for me. I look at it and like it sometimes, and I look at it and hate it sometimes as well. of course, I said the same thing about the S197 I currently own as well

I dont think it looks much different than an s197. to me, it looks like an S197 with a different front and rear look. Basically, its a refined version of the s197 looks wise (for better or for worse for some people) The rest of the improvements in the drivetrain are basically existing mods of the current drivetrain.

As much as I like it, I am certainly not trading in my 07. I did too much too it, love it too much, and the new Stang is certainly not different enough for me to consider it.

I do like the Interior on mine better than the new one though, I never understood why so many people bag on the S197 interior. its got a Raw quality that I liked. Mustangs are suposed to be raw.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:06 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ohskigod
Truth be told, I like the overall design of the new stang. Sure there are some things I dont like, but nothing is perfect.

I like the look of the front fascia and hood overall. The rear end is a hit and miss for me. I look at it and like it sometimes, and I look at it and hate it sometimes as well. of course, I said the same thing about the S197 I currently own as well

I dont think it looks much different than an s197. to me, it looks like an S197 with a different front and rear look. Basically, its a refined version of the s197 looks wise (for better or for worse for some people) The rest of the improvements in the drivetrain are basically existing mods of the current drivetrain.

As much as I like it, I am certainly not trading in my 07. I did too much too it, love it too much, and the new Stang is certainly not different enough for me to consider it.

I do like the Interior on mine better than the new one though, I never understood why so many people bag on the S197 interior. its got a Raw quality that I liked. Mustangs are suposed to be raw.
Good post. But "raw quality" of the S197 interior? Hard plastics ftw?

Quick Reply: I am sick of this.