Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Some news for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 04:45 PM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

if this happens I'm all over this like Oprah on a baked ham.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

LOL! ^

I would be too if I had money. But just the fact that the Chevy guys aren't going to be able to **** talk us anymore makes me extremely happy.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 PM
brian70068
2nd Gear Member

Talking

5.0 liter
http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-coyote-v8.html
Attached Thumbnails Some news for 2011-coyote1.jpg   Some news for 2011-phpthumb_generated_thumbnail.jpg  
Old 01-21-2009, 07:45 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

IT'S REAL!
Nice find Brian! This makes me so happy I can't control myself.
The new Camaro will be in our rear view providing we stay around the same weight. The Challenger won't even be relatively close.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:53 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Cool.

I'll take that 6.2L engine though.

I want Ford to start offering large V8's in the Mustang like they used to in the 60's and 70's. 428 Mach 1 comes to mind. Oh and higher compression engines like they used to have.

If they could only give that and figure out how to advertise MPG that's NOT 10 we'd be set.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:58 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

You know, if GM can release the Camaro SS with a 6.2L engine and have fairly decent MPG, I think Ford can as well. Put at least a 6.2L in a new Mach 1 model and I'd be sold. AND of course have it come with a shaker scoop that actually does something.

COME ON FORD. DO EET NAO!

I've been recently thinking a lot about the new Camaro SS (I know I know) but I'll be sure to wait to see what Ford has up their sleeves. Oh man I hope it's a new Mach 1.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:35 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I done replied once, but this just thrills me to no end. I would love for it to come back, About the time I get outta college I can get me a new 5.0.

Well if Ford would go for something like the cylinder shutdowns like Chevy does then it could get good milage. Also two tunes for the factory atleast, the new Nissan GTRs have tunes in their computer you can set up. Put one in for fuel economy and performance. I would love to see a high compression Big Block again. That is about only a dream, but they could do it and still meet govt standards if they really wanted to

Its good Chevy doesnt have the money for a Z28 cause they prototype was something like 550 Plus, but it would weigh more than 2 tons
Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG

I've been recently thinking a lot about the new Camaro SS (I know I know) but I'll be sure to wait to see what Ford has up their sleeves. Oh man I hope it's a new Mach 1.
your not the only one
Old 01-21-2009, 11:28 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BWfVA
Its good Chevy doesnt have the money for a Z28 cause they prototype was something like 550 Plus, but it would weigh more than 2 tons

I thought the SS version of the Camaro was the high end one. Whereas the Z28 was like one step below that. Z28 = GT & SS = Cobra if you were to compare to mustangs.

I do like the HP and engine the new SS has and since it's 6.2L, it has a lot of potential for more with mods.

If they do ever go to the cylinder shut down thing (which may be the only way we'll see new big engines now) I hope there would be a way in the tune to turn it off. It's not like I'd buy something like that and give a rat's *** about MPG.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I have a feeling we'll see more and more high compression again. It's a good way to make more power without having to suck tons more gas. Of course doing that makes it necessary for higher octane gas which is more expensive. Meh. Or just run E85. Higher octane rating than any other pump gas (so I've heard) and is cheaper than 87.

The new 370Z has 11:1 compression. From what I can tell, that's how its 6 can make so much power. I read about Honda coming out (or came out already?) with a new car with high compression. It seems to be something I'm seeing more and more of. At least on the rice side.

I've thought about upping the compression on my engine, but the cost is probably more than what it would be worth. Still would be cool though if it could be done for cheap (not likely ).

Quick Reply: Some news for 2011