Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

5.0L Coyote engine spied

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:50 AM
bpark8824
2nd Gear Member

dude scg give it up, talking down on ford isn't going to get you anywhere on a FORD forum. The ranger wasn't amazing but it was a realiable little truck. I work with a guy that has 250k on his and still has no problems.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 AM
mikemc04gt
2nd Gear Member

This is so exciting for a guy who grew up in the 5.0 days. Imagine owning 5.0 Coyote engines in both a Mustang GT and a 2WD F-150...me happy.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:01 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KITT
Torque only goes so far my friend. speed is made via horsepower!!

I know this, hence me saying that. That'd why deisel cars, for all their torque are still sluggish. They make little power.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bpark8824
dude scg give it up, talking down on ford isn't going to get you anywhere on a FORD forum. The ranger wasn't amazing but it was a realiable little truck. I work with a guy that has 250k on his and still has no problems.
You just don't get it do you??? I'm not talking down on FORD. I'm talking down on a few of their select PRODUCTS. There's no reason to get all butt hurt over it. I talked bad about Dodge and Toyota, too. Who cares?? I could talk bad about GM, Honda, even BMW and Ferrari. Noone would say **** then. Quit whining. Some of Ford's vehicles suck, get over it. There's a big difference between being a Ford loyalist, or even biased fan, and being a disillusioned nut-swinger. Too many people here fall into the latter category. I didn't say Rangers weren't reliable (which they aren't particularly), they're just flat-out inferior. They're underpowered, archaic little things whose competition outperforms it in every category. How many times do I have to say this- Mustang= good. Mustang + 400hp 5.0= better.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by scg87
You just don't get it do you??? I'm not talking down on FORD. I'm talking down on a few of their select PRODUCTS. There's no reason to get all butt hurt over it. I talked bad about Dodge and Toyota, too. Who cares?? I could talk bad about GM, Honda, even BMW and Ferrari. Noone would say **** then. Quit whining. Some of Ford's vehicles suck, get over it. There's a big difference between being a Ford loyalist, or even biased fan, and being a disillusioned nut-swinger. Too many people here fall into the latter category. I didn't say Rangers weren't reliable (which they aren't particularly), they're just flat-out inferior. They're underpowered, archaic little things whose competition outperforms it in every category. How many times do I have to say this- Mustang= good. Mustang + 400hp 5.0= better.

I remember seeing an article one day on autoblog.com about the Ranger going away and Ford making the F-100 in its place.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

If they follow through w/ the initial plans and design studies they were giving for the F100, THAT will be one hot little truck. Espec if they stuff the V6 EcoBoost in it.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:27 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

If they follow through w/ the initial plans and design studies they were giving for the F100, THAT will be one hot little truck. Espec if they stuff the V6 EcoBoost in it.

yeah that was the original plan. the article suggested that 2011 would be final year of ranger and 2012 would see the f-100
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Let's hope so. I've said it once, and I'll say it again- My problem w/ Ford isn't that they try to make good cars and fail, they fail to try to make good cars. They're perfectly capable of it. Hell, the Falcon, GT, F-Series, etc, etc are proof of it. It's like their product developers just get stoned and take their kindergarteners' sketches off the fridge and slap that **** together......
Old 01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
bpark8824
2nd Gear Member

Yeah im the one whinning here...

Anyway, back on topic. I think everyone in the Mustang industry is pumped to see the 5.0 back. Even though it is nothing like the ol' five oh, its still a five oh and this time its makeing 400 ponys. Its going to be awesome seeing 400hp out of a little 302.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:46 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by bpark8824
Yeah im the one whinning here...

Anyway, back on topic. I think everyone in the Mustang industry is pumped to see the 5.0 back. Even though it is nothing like the ol' five oh, its still a five oh and this time its makeing 400 ponys. Its going to be awesome seeing 400hp out of a little 302.
I hope the torque curve is still like the old 5.0L
Nothing like 350 lbs. of torque RIGHT when you hit the pedal at 2500 RPM.

Quick Reply: 5.0L Coyote engine spied