Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
fyrchkn

Vehicle: everything

00_buck if you could find me a c6 z06 within 5 grand of a camaro please let me know.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
fyrchkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #22
00_buck
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrchkn View Post
00_buck if you could find me a c6 z06 within 5 grand of a camaro please let me know.
search ebay for this item #220357080347. its a nice silver one and he's asking for 43.9k but i'll bet he'll settle for 40k. If you look at the c6 z06 history on ebay, you'll see that they do sell for 40k and sometimes a little less. There are other c6's on there now that will probably sell for about 40k. And believe me by the time the camaro comes out, the price might drop another grand or so for an 06 z06.
99 gt vert, auto, 50 lbs. inj., 2800 stall, transgo stage III shift kit, 3.55 gear, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads, Comp Cams blower cams, forged internals with 18.1 cc dished pistons (8:1 CR), 75 mm TB, CAI, MSD Ig. coils, coated long tube headers w/offroad pipes, eibach pro damper, SCT Livewire tuner, Saleen Series IV SC w/ 2.8" pulley, Chicane intercooler, LFP Heat Exchanger, and Nitto 555 drag radials. 398 rwhp / 342 rwtq.
00_buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #23
00_buck
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrchkn View Post
my mistake, thats still not within 5k. I didnt realize they were selling them for 31k; i thought they were 35-40k. I'd still rather shell out an extra 9k for a 7.0l
99 gt vert, auto, 50 lbs. inj., 2800 stall, transgo stage III shift kit, 3.55 gear, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads, Comp Cams blower cams, forged internals with 18.1 cc dished pistons (8:1 CR), 75 mm TB, CAI, MSD Ig. coils, coated long tube headers w/offroad pipes, eibach pro damper, SCT Livewire tuner, Saleen Series IV SC w/ 2.8" pulley, Chicane intercooler, LFP Heat Exchanger, and Nitto 555 drag radials. 398 rwhp / 342 rwtq.
00_buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #24
89_RS

Vehicle: 89 Camaro RS

This thread has the first level headed replies I have ever seen.
89_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #25
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 05 Mustang GT
Send a message via Yahoo to ThisBlood147

Some good pics of the production SS interior:

I'll be honest, the SS seats rock. But I find the forward instrument cluster to be rather unattractive. What's with the two giant humps for the speedo and tach??? The rest of it is fairly uninspiring....seems quite basic despite how amped up it looked in preproduction photos. Very strange layout.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleAnne
So technically the power to money ratio is still much better with the Camaro...
I don't think they correct times at the 1320 for that......
ThisBlood147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #26
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Vehicle: 2003 GT
jake03gt

I like the gauges built into the console. The seats are nice. Radio looks funny, wheel looks cheap, and the gauges look stupid. I also like the shifter.

If I had to choose between the 10' Camaro and 10' Mustang, I would pick the Camaro. I like the way it looks. It actually looks like the classic camaros. The new Mustang looks nothing like the classic mustangs.

Last edited by 1slow67; 02-18-2009 at 05:58 PM.
1slow67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #27
eme_ms_87
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Tungsten Grey V6

man that interior is butt ugly. i mean aesthetically there is nothing going on there. '10 mustang interior is way better- no question
eme_ms_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #28
scg87
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GTO

Screw all this Camaro vs Mustang talk, GTO pwns all!!!!!!!

j/k.

Seriously, though- Most buyers of either car are going to be loyalists and wouldn't consider the other regardless of how good it is. Just how it is. Looks are subjective, performance will be no contest, so it's obvious what will bring most customers into Ford showrooms. I personally believe the new Stang is great looking and a step in the right direction, it's just a shame it's still down on power. Excluding the new Camaro, the Mustang will have a lot of cars to compete w/. Price wise, the WRX and Cobalt SS; class wise, the 370Z and upcoming Hyundai Genesis. Me, I'd take a new Camaro over a new Mustang, but it's by a much narrower margin than I'd have guessed. But in reality, the '05-'09 GT's are just as good and much cheaper. And LS2 GTO's are going to be just as fast and much cheaper than the new Camaros. So w/ the new cars, all you're really paying for is being able to have one of the first ones. Once they've been out a little while, the novelty will wear off and the hype will go away. Too many people get caught up in the new car itch imo. I'd keep my GTO over buying either of these cars. And if I were in a position to buy a new Camaro the way I'd want it, I'd buy an E46 M3 instead, or as someone else already mentioned, go all the way and buy a used C6 Z.

I wanna be a nonconformist just like everyone else......
scg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT/CS
Joolander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
Some good pics of the production SS interior:

oh my god gross

thats horrible. the drivers side is very cluttered, and the the passengers side is a blank slate. the radio is just an odd shape

the only thing i like about that is the steering wheel and possibly the seats

Joolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #30
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 05 Mustang GT
Send a message via Yahoo to ThisBlood147

Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
Screw all this Camaro vs Mustang talk, GTO pwns all!!!!!!!
Honestly, scg.........I'd take an LS2 GTO anyday over the new Camaro. Hell, if I could have found a good deal on one back in 05 I might have one instead of the GT. I compare the Goat with the Camaro, and other than the LS3....the GTO has it hands down. IMO........it looks better and has a nicer interior. Plus.....it's actually LIGHTER.

I agree that the loyalist are gonna buy their fav no matter what. I do agree that the 2010 GT isn't really worth it unless all you care about is creature comfort. But if Ford does bring the heat with a new quad cam V8 after 2010, I'm gonna have to side with my Mustang loyalist buddies.....and go for the 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleAnne
So technically the power to money ratio is still much better with the Camaro...
I don't think they correct times at the 1320 for that......
ThisBlood147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, 2011, camaro, chevrolet, chevy, compared, ford, forums, gas, gt, mileage, mustang, racing, versus, vs