Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Glass roof option/weight

Old 03-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Default Glass roof option/weight

Just drooled over the glass roof option on Ford's 2010 stang site. That thing has got to be heavy, extra glass, sandwiched vinyl and a "privacy" shade. Beautiful option though.. makes me drool a bit lol. It will no doubt be a hot selling point.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:28 AM
flyinfunnyguy16
2nd Gear Member

I think its like 20 some pounds heavier. I have it on my 09' and i think its worth every penny. The privacy shade could be a little better IMO, but I only keep that thing closed when i park outside for a long time in the summer. By the way, getting a darker colored car, ie black, Allot metallic, whatever, makes the glass roof blend in with the car, so its more of a sleeper look. Ive had a few friends walk up to the car, get in, then look up in surprise. again, worth every cent
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 AM
AutoXRacer
1st Gear Member

I'm pondering the idea of getting one put in, in my 2008. Though I don't know how well the craftsmanship would be in removing the roof panel and replacing it with a glass top. I drove a 2009 with one and it was awesome!! Man the interior feel so much more spacious.

Though for roughly $3K which is what it would cost to have it put in...I can think of better mods for that money.

Still pondering it though...
Old 03-10-2009, 02:11 PM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by flyinfunnyguy16
I think its like 20 some pounds heavier. I have it on my 09' and i think its worth every penny. The privacy shade could be a little better IMO, but I only keep that thing closed when i park outside for a long time in the summer. By the way, getting a darker colored car, ie black, Allot metallic, whatever, makes the glass roof blend in with the car, so its more of a sleeper look. Ive had a few friends walk up to the car, get in, then look up in surprise. again, worth every cent

Can you post some pics of your car??
Old 03-19-2009, 02:56 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by AutoXRacer
I'm pondering the idea of getting one put in, in my 2008. Though I don't know how well the craftsmanship would be in removing the roof panel and replacing it with a glass top. I drove a 2009 with one and it was awesome!! Man the interior feel so much more spacious.

Though for roughly $3K which is what it would cost to have it put in...I can think of better mods for that money.

Still pondering it though...
A member had it done to his 06 GT and it looked awesome and very OEM- no leaks
Old 03-19-2009, 06:55 AM
AutoXRacer
1st Gear Member

Any info on that member? Who did the work, etc?

I'd like to talk to someone who had it done!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

his name is Marcus Keeler I will find a link to his username for you....great guy and he can tell you where he had it installed and if it was worth the money.....

here you go
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ics-added.html and its about the glassback

quote from marcus
The guys told me it adds 14lb to the car. I was shocked at how much the piece of metal they cut out the roof weighed !!! pretty heavy.. I brought it home and am going to mount it on the garage wall LOL
the link to glassback roof doesn't work for me on the first page of the thread he made so I would try to contact him via PM or email...it appears as if he has not been on in a yr so I hope you get the answers you need!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I wondered what happened to Marcus. He was a great contributor but sounded like his work took him around the globe. may not even be in the country. i think he was native canadian...
Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Yup he lives in Canada the last I saw him. We met up for Woodward Dream cruise and his car sold me on the whipple!

Here is a link to his we page
http://www.mkeeler.com/mustang/

I think he was from Britain....could be wrong on this
Old 03-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Yeah, he was a great asset to the site. Marcus... where are you bro??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Glass roof option/weight