Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2009 Nissan 370z

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:06 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
Nobody else noticed the LOW MPH trap on the mustang? Seems quite odd.
Yea, I noticed that too. The other test reviews I've read for the 2010 GT all produced better numbers than this one. Speaks volumes for the drivers they employ I guess. Also find it interesting that the reviewer couldn't seem to grasp why the lighter, better geared car seemed "zippier" than the heavier, taller geared car. Guess he never took a physics class before.

Last edited by ThisBlood147; 03-15-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:16 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Yea i noticed that too!! Lol. What ever...
Old 03-15-2009, 04:47 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Yea, I noticed that too. The other test reviews I've read for the 2010 GT all produced better numbers than this one. Speaks volumes for the drivers they employ I guess. Also find it interesting that the reviewer couldn't seem to grasp why the lighter, better geared car seemed "zippier" than the heavier, taller geared car. Guess he never took a physics class before.
I guess Ford should have installed 4.10's from the factory, is that what you're saying? In an everyday use kind of way I'm sure the GT would be the victor, alas I only need a trunk to carry my groceries and not two useless seats. It's faster, better handling and marginally more expensive. Deal with it, the 370Z IS the winner...
Old 03-15-2009, 02:51 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Baddog
I guess Ford should have installed 4.10's from the factory, is that what you're saying? In an everyday use kind of way I'm sure the GT would be the victor, alas I only need a trunk to carry my groceries and not two useless seats. It's faster, better handling and marginally more expensive.
You are thick aren't you? My point is that the reviewer was doing a comparo between a sportscar and a ponycar, yet acted surprised that the heavier, taller geared car (the Mustang) didn't feel as zippy as the lighter, shorter geared car (the Z). Well............DUH. Comparing two different classes of cars is bad enough........not being quick-witted enough to understand the differences between the two is just hilarious. You act like we're whining because the GT wasn't the victor here. No.......we're frustrated because the Z is designed from the floor up as a performance oriented sportscar car. The Mustang, as always, is designed to be a good performing, inexpensive 2+2 coupe. It was a given who was gonna perform better in the handling tests, so why do the comparo at all?

Deal with it, the 370Z IS the winner...
LMAO. It's like you're trying to use the results of the magazine test to convince us that your opinion/preference is the right one....and the rest of us are idiots because we prefer the loser. Tell you what, go buy your precious Z.....enjoy the hell out of it, and let us Mustang guys cry about this article in peace.

Last edited by ThisBlood147; 03-15-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:59 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by Baddog
I guess Ford should have installed 4.10's from the factory, is that what you're saying? In an everyday use kind of way I'm sure the GT would be the victor, alas I only need a trunk to carry my groceries and not two useless seats. It's faster, better handling and marginally more expensive. Deal with it, the 370Z IS the winner...
4.10's in a manual would be hell. Every shift would throw your neck back.
3.73's are perfect for this car, I just wish someone at Edmunds knew how to drive it.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Originally Posted by mustangcat
4.10's in a manual would be hell. Every shift would throw your neck back.
3.73's are perfect for this car, I just wish someone at Edmunds knew how to drive it.

thats what head rests are for
Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
GTCritter
1st Gear Member

i would agree with those about this not being a fair comparison. i look at muscle cars and sports cars as different things. muscle cars aren't all about speed or handling. it's an image. it's about american design, and it's about fun. i didn't buy this car to run slaloms. the main basis for this article was price by the way. well if that's the case, let's stack a 30K dollar jeep against a mustang and then act surprised that the jeep just didn't shoot out of the gate quite like the mustang did.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

You are thick aren't you? My point is that the reviewer was doing a comparo between a sportscar and a ponycar, yet acted surprised that the heavier, taller geared car (the Mustang) didn't feel as zippy as the lighter, shorter geared car (the Z). Well............DUH. Comparing two different classes of cars is bad enough........not being quick-witted enough to understand the differences between the two is just hilarious. You act like we're whining because the GT wasn't the victor here. No.......we're frustrated because the Z is designed from the floor up as a performance oriented sportscar car. The Mustang, as always, is designed to be a good performing, inexpensive 2+2 coupe. It was a given who was gonna perform better in the handling tests, so why do the comparo at all?

LMAO. It's like you're trying to use the results of the magazine test to convince us that your opinion/preference is the right one....and the rest of us are idiots because we prefer the loser. Tell you what, go buy your precious Z.....enjoy the hell out of it, and let us Mustang guys cry about this article in peace.

I am thick yes, 5'8 and 195lbs. Dim witted well that's a topic for discussion. You make the comparison sound SOOOO out of context like these two cars don't belong in the same segment yet I read tons of "what if's" and I "really wanted to see how I'd fare against those pesky 350Z's (370's)" from lots of S197 GT owners. These are two comparitively priced cars that a lot of people (myself included) would cross shop before buying. I'm not so self absorbed that I believe my word to be gospel. If you've got a broken whiskey bottle in your a$$ from my stated opinion that's your deal. I'm entitled to an opinion the same as any member on here. Enjoy your GT and I'll enjoy the 370, different strokes man. Ponycar, sportscar I don't care. They go about their business in different fashions with results that cater to different people. You and I are different...peace.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:03 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

What's funny, baddog....is that I'm not the one with the broken bottle up my ***. I just found it amusing/rediculous that you've been counter posting anyone who said they preferred the GT over the Z. I never had a problem with your preference of the Z. In fact, my whole original argument was that everyone has their own likes and preferences....but it seemed like that wasn't good enough for you. You wanted to wave the mag's test results in the face of every GT fan in either of these threads. YOU were the one that couldn't let ppl prefer what they prefer without feedback.

Now you want to jump on my side of the argument and claim that it was yours all along. If that were true, you would have posted your opinion/input and that would have been good enough........instead of firing return volleys over and over to combat anyone who said the test results weren't enough to make them want a Z over a 2010 GT. Maybe your underlying intent wasn't as malicious as I took it for, but as they say: on the internet it's 10% what you say and 90% how you say it.

You also need to stop confusing what I'm trying to say. I never inferred that you were dim-witted........I was referring to the Edmund's reviewer. Also, my "thick" comment was meant to mean that you were being hard headed and not listening to what I was trying to say. I have no beef with you, I just made the mistake of trying to get you to understand the other side of the argument......and you've been taking it to the heat like its personal ever since. I'm gonna leave it alone now, as apparently now we have the same point of view on this whole topic....which, ironically, is all I was trying to get you to understand in the first place. Peace dude.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

What's funny, baddog....is that I'm not the one with the broken bottle up my ***. I just found it amusing/rediculous that you've been counter posting anyone who said they preferred the GT over the Z. I never had a problem with your preference of the Z. In fact, my whole original argument was that everyone has their own likes and preferences....but it seemed like that wasn't good enough for you. You wanted to wave the mag's test results in the face of every GT fan in either of these threads. YOU were the one that couldn't let ppl prefer what they prefer without feedback.

Now you want to jump on my side of the argument and claim that it was yours all along. If that were true, you would have posted your opinion/input and that would have been good enough........instead of firing return volleys over and over to combat anyone who said the test results weren't enough to make them want a Z over a 2010 GT. Maybe your underlying intent wasn't as malicious as I took it for, but as they say: on the internet it's 10% what you say and 90% how you say it.

You also need to stop confusing what I'm trying to say. I never inferred that you were dim-witted........I was referring to the Edmund's reviewer. Also, my "thick" comment was meant to mean that you were being hard headed and not listening to what I was trying to say. I have no beef with you, I just made the mistake of trying to get you to understand the other side of the argument......and you've been taking it to the heat like its personal ever since. I'm gonna leave it alone now, as apparently now we have the same point of view on this whole topic....which, ironically, is all I was trying to get you to understand in the first place. Peace dude.
That's about the best retort I've been on the receiving end of in a long time. Touche bro...

Quick Reply: 2010 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2009 Nissan 370z