Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
mardypants

Vehicle: 1999 convertable
Default Be warned: Don't buy from Smoothline

I would really recommend not buying this top unless you are living in California where it does not rain. I purchased a top from them for my mustang and I can not keep the rain out of the car because the top is mis-contoured to the header. Smoothline insist that it is Fords building tolerances that are bad and the ONLY support Smoothline offered me was the advise that I will need to take it to a “leak detective”. This I did. However, he told me it would cost up to $2,400 to fix the brand new top, but he wouldn’t warranty the work and that in any case, since the fit was soooo bad- he wouldn’t touch the job anyway. It cost me $2,500 for my top, a couple of extras and shipping- and now it is sitting in the space in my garage where my car should be. A total white elephant. Don’t expect any after sales support- you are on your own. Visit smoothline hardtops on facebook.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
mardypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 2000, 2005, 2011, 94, convertable, convertible, daytona, fastback, fussenegger, hardtop, lindsey, mustang, removable, sale