Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Mustang Cops

Old 05-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WYO07GT
That is awesome.

That would have been amazing to see a cop trash his own car while screwing around.
Yeah, except is isn't his own car. Paid for by taxpayer money.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:47 PM
06GTMustang
1st Gear Member

Let me explain entrapment. Unlike in movies if a cop merely gives you an opportunity to do something illegal and you do it. That doesn't make it entrapment. The only time it becomes entrapment is if the cop is making you do something out of duress, I.E holding a gun to your head and making you do something. Just F.Y.I
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Now I see it, thats pretty cool, man if I saw it coming up behind me coming fast I might think he wanted to race me, that would be bad if I pulled away fast, luckly i dont drive fast. hahaha!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06GTMustang
Let me explain entrapment. Unlike in movies if a cop merely gives you an opportunity to do something illegal and you do it. That doesn't make it entrapment. The only time it becomes entrapment is if the cop is making you do something out of duress, I.E holding a gun to your head and making you do something. Just F.Y.I
I agree that it isn't entrapment when merely given the opportunity to do something illegal. But I disagree that the only time it becomes entrapment is when law enforcement is causing one to do so out of duress.

The legal definition is "when you are induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that you had no previous intent to commit." While duress may induce or persuade, it is not the only method to induce or persuade and therefore duress is not the only instance by which entrapment may be involved.

Entrapment
Old 05-28-2009, 11:25 PM
06GTMustang
1st Gear Member

Well Black GT believe it or not that is how the courts look at it. A cop could be sitting in full uniform and sell you crack. Then turn around and arrest you for it. I know this is way off subject but I just want people to know how easy it is to be arrested or to have your freedom taken from you.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06GTMustang
Well Black GT believe it or not that is how the courts look at it. A cop could be sitting in full uniform and sell you crack. Then turn around and arrest you for it. I know this is way off subject but I just want people to know how easy it is to be arrested or to have your freedom taken from you.
Yes, it is easy to get arrested. The hard part comes afterward in court. You're leaving out some important details in your example, but I don't want to derail this thread any more than it has been, so I'll post a link that has examples such as who initiates the illegal activity (it makes a difference) and that random people or those that have no predisposition can't be chosen in sting operations (there must be some evidence the individual has a pattern of behavior of committing the crime).

what-is-entrapment
Old 05-29-2009, 03:49 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I am all for mustang cops as they are buying American cars from an American car manufacturer and that will help the economy in the long and short run.....
OP I moved this to the rumors and discussion section as this is where it should be....thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 03:54 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I got a ticket from an unmarked fox bodied car in florida in 1998. It was one of three cars that Clearwater Fl had that were modded to look like street racers. The one that stopped me had ghost flames over a teal green, very nice rims, was lowered, and sounded pretty hot. It was very embarassing for sure. LOL.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:12 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Heh. I'm actually surprised they dont use Mustangs more often. Where I live it's all Chargers and stuff... The only downfall of the mustang is the 2 doors, although the fogs would definitely hide the police lights well.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:39 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by trigger06
I think it's less than awesome... Just a bunch of cops trying to get people to break the law so they can meet their quotas... While street racing is dangerous and stupid, I dont think that this method of "enforcement" is going to stop many of those people who are going to do it anyway.
Spoken like someone who is probably on the wrong side of the law alot more often than the right. Only ppl stupid enough to go hotdoggin around urban/residential areas weaving in and out of traffic and constantly revving at anything remotely fast would care whether these cops use covertly badged Mustangs or not. I'll admit, I've been involved in my share of street skirmishes.....but I still believe in these guys being out there to keep the idiots in check. And I'm all for them using cars that are up to the task.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang Cops