Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford sales push ahead of the competition

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:18 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by Riptide
What part of they are still losing money DON'T you understand?

The third link you posted cited a source paid for by Ford. Credible my ***. The second link shows they did well in segments, which is good, but they didn't lead Honda in overall ratings. Your first link showed that in overall quality Ford ranked 10th. Six spots behind Honda. Here is some 2009 data for you.
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...tings-by-brand

I want you to repeat after me now please. I AM SOFA KING WE TODD ED.

kthxbai
Everyone's losing money you simpleton; it's called a recession, for a reason.
Yeah companies that are losing often initiate the production of 10,000 extra vehicles huh? Or experiment with different engine designs and formats. See the very first post buddy.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:18 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Yes, Riptide..........Ford will be bankrupt like GM and Chrysler in a few months. There.........happy now? Go take a walk in the park or take in a movie or something, jeez. I understand playing the counterpoint here, but all the OP did was post a bit of positive news for Ford (and mind you, positive news for ANY major corp right now is fairly scarce with the economy in the tank). Nothing wrong with keeping a positive outlook on things. In fact, a positive outlook is the only thing that will turn the economy around. It's the panic-mongers who took a bad situation and made it worse.

As for Ford, yea........they are still losing money. But where they differ from Chrysler and GM is the public stigma that surrounds their product and current situation. Whether you attribute it to good timing, smart planning, dumb luck, or whatever.....Ford is better positioned to take a swing at the remaining negative aura around them as an "inferior American product", opening their product to a whole new market. And GM and Chrysler tanking is gonna push alot of non loyal prospective domestic buyers to look at a Ford first....which is why there is reason to hope Ford might start on a comeback. Could it all still go south? Absolutely. But the ppl doom-saying the last privately owned Detroit automaker don't seem to be grasping the difference the numbers and the public overview.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Get real you two.

I made the statement that let's hope the optimists are right about this. And I meant it.

It's dingleberries here that kept on wanting to argue about things. Blame him not me.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:57 PM
mustangcat

Originally Posted by Riptide
Get real you two.

I made the statement that let's hope the optimists are right about this. And I meant it.

It's dingleberries here that kept on wanting to argue about things. Blame him not me.
Just stop pissing in my Cheerios over Ford being cool.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Ofcourse they are cool. I drive one after all.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 AM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
It's the panic-mongers who took a bad situation and made it worse.
As odd as it may sound, this is more true than you might think.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:02 PM
mustangcat

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529495,00.html

BOOYA! Sales up again. Unit production to increase.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

We can only hope this trend continues. I am a Ford fan for life, thats all I drive....God help us if we had to life without a Mustang.

Matthew
Old 07-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Junior OTard
Banned

Well after being stuck in Kauffman tire and reading Motor Trend, Car and Driver and Road and Track I can tell Ford is equal to or greater than Honda. Hell they even said that when they compared the Fusion to the Accord. All you have to do is walk into a dealership and sit in any of the new cars and you can tell Fords got its A game on.

And now Ford is the #1 selling brand in Canada and has outsold Toyota for the 3rd or 4th straight month. If that doesnt mean Ford isnt gonna survive then I dont what does.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Yea, it's taken maybe 2 whole months to finally spot a 2010 GT on the roads in my area.........but I've seen maybe 10 just in the last 2 days. I think the 2010's will do quite well and hold their own sales-wise, but I think the 2011 with the new drivetrains will really kick Camaro sales in the nuts. If the economy doesn't have an aftershock slump, I think Ford will pull out just fine. They're making all the right product decisions right now.......which it's about time.

Quick Reply: Ford sales push ahead of the competition