Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM TRUEFIBER

Old 06-18-2009, 01:37 PM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

Default WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM TRUEFIBER

I recently made a purchase on a hood from Trufiber on Ebay. I got a great deal, and had the option for local pick up. I tried to make it down to pick it up but they are not open on the weekends. So I contacted our freight company whom I get an 80% discount on to pick it up for me. When I contacted the seller for weight and dimensions I was rudely advised that I cannot send my own freight company to pick it up. I asked for the reasoning and was told it is not their policy. I asked where in the ad is their policy disclaiming this information, and I was completely cut off and shut down with out a single reply other than you can use our freight which is $195 for any of the 48 mainland states. I advised him I live an hour and a half away and cannot constitute paying the same rate a person from Florida would pay. I continued to request a copy of his policy and was ignored once again. The seller continued to send me the same reply over and over, stating he will send it if I pay a difference of $165. This was the only reply I received. Even when I asked a completely different question he would reply with the same generic reply. I ended up telling him I need to get this hood ASAP and will pay his *** ramming shipping freight as my customer cannot wait any longer. I then wire the difference via paypal and later send an e-mail to send the item. I then receive a reply stating he will not, and is refusing service. I am currently filing a small claims law suit on Truefiber, as well as I have reported them the the BBB, and will continue to spread the word Truefiber is full of crooks, and operate unethically. I recommend staying away from them, unless you plan to kick them in the face which is completely warranted. If you know this clown spit in his eye, and let him know Karma is coming with a price tag!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Wow, thats some pretty ghey stuff...Anyway...Good to see another 661'er on here
Old 06-18-2009, 03:50 PM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I may have to make a trip down south for this crap.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 AM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

I think you might be making a mistake here. I looked on eBay and I do see Trufiber Hoods for sale, but looking at the seller user ID's it does not appear that any of them are the actual company, Trufiber, who makes the hoods.

What was the auction # on eBay?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:12 AM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Here you go. Searched the ebay members and found trufiber. Only thing they have for sale currently is carb fiber mirror covers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200349125937
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...k&myworld=true
Old 06-20-2009, 11:32 AM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

The auction says Local Pick Up for $30.00. They then informed you they weren't open on the weekend for Local Pick Up... using your Freight Company to pick the item up is no different than you going to pick the item up.

This tells me their warehouse/shipping department is probably closed on the weekend altogether.

Their policy is listed right in the auction you bought:

SHIPPING DETAILS:

Shipping address must be confirmed if payment is made via paypal

$195.00 for truck freight to 48 lower states

$30.00 for local pick up

Item will be shipped within 2-3 business days after payment is received and cleared
* Scoop and grill are included

Tracking number can be provided upon request

IMPORTANT: Daytime phone number is required when shipping a hood. If we receive payment without a phone number shipment will be delayed up to 5 business days. Once you signed for the item no damage claim can be filed. So it is important that all winners must inspect for freight damage prior to signing. If freight damage occurs all winners must notify us immediately so damage claim can be processed
Then after you left them a negative feedback saying "Seller will not allow local pick up." they probably think you were a customer that could not be pleased, and to avoid any future trouble refused service to you.

Sorry, but being a eBay seller I don't have much tolerance for things like this.

Last edited by gburke1; 06-20-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:36 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

OP so it is not trufiber but the seller that dist. for Trufiber that your mad at right? link to the auction please! If it is not the actual maker of the hood (Trufiber) that your buying from then it is a distributer that is at fault and not TF......let us know.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:04 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by mygt500
OP so it is not trufiber but the seller that dist. for Trufiber that your mad at right? link to the auction please! If it is not the actual maker of the hood (Trufiber) that your buying from then it is a distributer that is at fault and not TF......let us know.
Link to auction is in my post.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:08 AM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

It was actually Trufiber that had the Hood up on eBay. I still don't see how anyone can say Trufiber would be at fault just because they don't allow weekend pickup.

I'm sure they would have been more then happy to let the OP pick the item up on a week day.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:09 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I see that it is indeed Trufiber as the ebay seller...thanks BA

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM TRUEFIBER