Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Automobilia Syndrome

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Rskapof
2nd Gear Member

Default Automobilia Syndrome

I am infected, most people aren't, but I am. I have an innate desire to admire my car regardless of weather and/or setting. When walking away from my car I find myself constantly injured because I am walking backwards. I will put a quick stop to any conversation if a shiny car comes in view and I may not continue that conversation until after the car is out of sight, but only after i recite everything i know about the runaway beauty.

People don't understand why I do this, I just do. I am hoping there are others like me.

=====================

But really my girlfriend and all of my other friends thinks i am crazy.

If anybody shares this disease can you please give me some support!
Old 06-20-2009, 08:10 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

LOL same here man!!
Every time i park it i walk away while glancing back one or two times and saying "dam my car is nice"!! And that is EVERY time i park it!!
I also find myself pressing the "lock" button numerous times cuz thats the only chance i get to see my sequential lights is when i'm walking away from it!! LOL
People think i'm crazy because i constantly talk about cars regardless of make or model as long as it is tasteful done and super clean!!
I guess we are in love with these machines and i dont care if people understand since that is not what they admire!!
Old 06-20-2009, 08:48 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

I too have been self-diagnosed with Automobilia. My friends have to bear with the burden of me filling their ears with my modification plans, and my freakish attitude towards any Mustang in the vicinity. I find myself circling the block just to have a few more moments in my GT. It's a burden, but boy it's a fun disease to have.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:59 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

I read you loud and clear....
Old 06-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

I'm the same way!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:31 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Yeap I got it too.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Ya I have that and my girlfriend hates it. She says things like "Is all you talk about cars?" and "You know I think you like your car more than me!!"
Old 06-20-2009, 10:23 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Ya I have that and my girlfriend hates it. She says things like "Is all you talk about cars?" and "You know I think you like your car more than me!!"
Haha, I've gotten that line as well. Thing is, depending on how serious the relationship is, more often than not she hits the nail on the head...
Old 06-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Rskapof
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
as long as she only "thinks" that
Old 06-20-2009, 11:48 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rskapof
I am infected, most people aren't, but I am. I have an innate desire to admire my car regardless of weather and/or setting. When walking away from my car I find myself constantly injured because I am walking backwards. I will put a quick stop to any conversation if a shiny car comes in view and I may not continue that conversation until after the car is out of sight, but only after i recite everything i know about the runaway beauty.

People don't understand why I do this, I just do. I am hoping there are others like me.

=====================

But really my girlfriend and all of my other friends thinks i am crazy.

If anybody shares this disease can you please give me some support!
IMO, if you DON'T feel that way about your car, you probably made a horribly wrong choice with your purchase.

With that said, I am completely 100% infected. My brother is well on his way (obsession with cars), all he needs is a Stang in his half of the garage

Quick Reply: Automobilia Syndrome