Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Something that HASN'T been discussed about the 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Silver_sixxer05
1st Gear Member

Default Something that HASN'T been discussed about the 2011

Now, most of us have been fixated on the 5.0 for '11... Recently I've been thinking about something else that is supposed to come along with the 5.0.

The transmission.

Now, supposedly, we are getting 6 speed autos and manuals all across the board, right?

Right.

Now I've heard that the auto gets paddle shifters, and that got me thinking...

Will it revmatch on the downshifts?

Will it have a 'sport mode'?

What do you guys think?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:10 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Where did you hear about the paddle shifters?
I think Ford might go along the lines of the "Manu Stick" that Chrysler uses, if anything.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:44 PM
ak2010

aren't all these new things going to drive up the base price of the mustang?
making it even more difficult to compete with the competition.
jw don't kill me for bringing it up
Old 07-26-2009, 05:37 PM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ak2010
aren't all these new things going to drive up the base price of the mustang?
making it even more difficult to compete with the competition.
jw don't kill me for bringing it up
I agree here that it would move the price up but at the same time the technology is much more common place now therefore the competition may very well also have paddleshifters and rev matched downshifts. It may raise the cost but which matters more, a slight rise in cost or being passed over by many because they can get a better more modern tranny else where. Not many may agree with me here (though I wouldn't be in the market for an auto anyways) but if that was my cup of tea then I would be willing to accept a slight rise in price if it meant that my mustang had a sweet performance oriented transmission on par with that of the engine and ahead of any competition out there.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:46 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by machracer11
I agree here that it would move the price up but at the same time the technology is much more common place now therefore the competition may very well also have paddleshifters and rev matched downshifts. It may raise the cost but which matters more, a slight rise in cost or being passed over by many because they can get a better more modern tranny else where. Not many may agree with me here (though I wouldn't be in the market for an auto anyways) but if that was my cup of tea then I would be willing to accept a slight rise in price if it meant that my mustang had a sweet performance oriented transmission on par with that of the engine and ahead of any competition out there.
Keep in mind guys, the Mustang GT is $3000 cheaper MSRP than the Camaro SS. Ford can drop in a Coyote 5.0L and a simple transmission shifter for less than $3000, be faster and more affordable.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
Keep in mind guys, the Mustang GT is $3000 cheaper MSRP than the Camaro SS. Ford can drop in a Coyote 5.0L and a simple transmission shifter for less than $3000, be faster and more affordable.
$3,000 at the VERY least.

Its only $3,000 on un-official paper. They are asking far more MSRP within the last month than when they were when they were starting to quote MSRPs and sell the first camaros. The difference in MSRP is much higher now due to government control and dealer markups. Last I checked the closest chevy dealer to me(raleigh, NC) was asking 40,000 just to start talking for the SS.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:09 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

it wont have paddle shifters. it will have auto-stick which is much better
Old 07-27-2009, 03:09 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

can you do a legit burnout with auto-stick?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:23 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Well, I'm not interested in any auto stick or paddle shifters. I just want to know if there will be a 6 speed gearbox..........you know, the kind that comes with three pedals.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:30 AM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

Don't bite my head off but why not put the gt500 in the GT without the s/c and up the gt500 to something bigger?

Quick Reply: Something that HASN'T been discussed about the 2011