Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Central California Car show-support Education

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:36 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Default Central California Car show-support Education

I have to admit, I dont frequent the site all that much. Pretty much the only tread I contribute to is the thread for a Mustang that belonged to my brother, who was killed in Combat. (Help out a soldiers dream). But what I am doing is inviting you all to a car show, gathering, get together, what have you that will go to help support my Autoshop Program at Los Banos High.

So this will be my second "annual" car show for the highschool I work at. It is in conjunction with our homecoming week. I have an employee/student car show on friday before the game and the cars get to cruise in the homecoming parade if they would like.

The following day (saturday) is the open car show. Last year I had a modest 35 cars show up and made a good start, this was with only one month to plan and bring it together. All entry fees, raffel purchases and other money given to the car show is a donation to the auto shop that I teach in. Our goal is to raise enough money to purchase a new car hoist to replace the broken 45 year old existing in ground hoist. Last year we made about $600, well on our way to getting the hoist replaced.

I haven't come up with a flier yet, as I have to make sure times, and places are in concrete. It will be held in Los Banos on October 3, 2009. Probably from 8am-?. There will be prizes, shirts, trophies, goodybags etc, along with good oldies music. Everything will be set by the end of August. In the mean time I will be posting more information as we get closer to that time. Im not sure If I will be taking signups by mail as well as the day of the show, but at least the day of the show.

If you have any questions PM me for now, and I will update when I get a flier.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:41 AM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Just an update. The car show is on. We have a lot of give aways alaready lined up from local vendors. Im hoping to include as many car clubs as possible to make this a worth while event for my students and those who attend. Thank you in advance for your support.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 AM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Sorry about your brother...We ALL thank him :cry: Hope all goes well, and you get the money for your new hoist!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:39 AM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

Wow when you said Central I assumed between Fresno and Bakersfield but Los Banos is way up north. I been planning a trip north maybe I can add a stop and make it fit in my schedule . Good luck with the hoist.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:26 AM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys... if you make it just look for me ill be the guy telling all the kids what to do... Los Banos couldnt be more central... hehehe unless you are not central to here lol.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:41 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

two weeks left till the car show. It's looking better every day.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by twotone64
two weeks left till the car show. It's looking better every day.
if ya have t-shirts why don't you post them in the classified or through a link on this thread ? Those of us who'd like to help but can't make the show can at least be a little part of it.

I'd buy and wear a Los Banos high school car show shirt, especially if ya put a picture of a mustang on it. You could have your bro's stang, 'in memory of' and 'to support (whatever)' on the back. It would be sweet.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:39 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Ken,
I never thought about that. The car show shirts have already been ordered, but I can take orders of more. But the in memory setup and such to raise money for the stang project.. now thats a good idea... you hit a home run for the team, take your bases... I like it.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:53 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Here is a one week notice for the car show. I hope to see some of you around.

Save saturday October 3, 2009 8am-? for my second annual Los Banos High School Homecoming Car show. It is more of a cruise in but it is to help support out auto technology program here at LBHS. The show will feature raffle prizes, giveaways (goodybags with stuff and shirts), cool cars of course and good times. Everyone will receive receipts for tax purposes as it is all a donation.

The show will be held at Pacheco Park which is located on Highway 152 (Pacheco Blvd) just West of Hwy 165 (Mercy Springs) in Los Banos. It is a huge shady park.

Pass the word around to as many people as possible including car clubs and such.

No preregistration and it is only $10 (donation)
Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 AM
samsilly2009

wow thats great work you are doing.Al the best and good luck to you dear.Good luck with the hoist.

Last edited by samsilly2009; 09-29-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Central California Car show-support Education