Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

new NASCAR cars: Impala, Mustang, Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
too bad it's just the nationwide series and not the cup series. no one cares about the nationwide series

It's probably on a trial basis to see how well it's recieved in the Nationwide series then maybe later in the sprint cup. This was talked about a few years ago I remember.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:01 PM
silverbullet777

The new mustang concept is out and looks different than the nationwide cars we have now. And chevy is done next year, there budget is done and they have already started cutting cars for the 2010 season. Ford has been smart the past few years by holding back to just roush so dont expect nascar to be chevy controlled this year, fords gonna come back soon.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:36 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Maybe they're trying to drum up some interest in Nationwide???

It's not like the race cars are going to be anything but vague 'silhouette' versions of what's sold to the public.

Norm
That is definitely what they are trying to do.

Originally Posted by eddypython
Fusion like fusion, but what the F.. CAMRY ? LMAO that's pathetic
Where you been? This is the Camry's third season.

Originally Posted by silverbullet777
The new mustang concept is out and looks different than the nationwide cars we have now. And chevy is done next year, there budget is done and they have already started cutting cars for the 2010 season. Ford has been smart the past few years by holding back to just roush so dont expect nascar to be chevy controlled this year, fords gonna come back soon.
Do you have links or is this pure speculation? Nascar is some of the best marketing Chevy has. I don't see them pulling the program and upsetting millions of fans who picked their favorite driverbased on the fact that he drives a Chevy.

Last edited by 83gtragtop; 08-03-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:53 AM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

There are some great rookies movin on up through that Nationwide series. Joey Lagano, Brad Kerslowski. Joey's going to be great in the Sprint Cup Series once he figures the cars out.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Do you have links or is this pure speculation? Nascar is some of the best marketing Chevy has. I don't see them pulling the program and upsetting millions of fans who picked their favorite driverbased on the fact that he drives a Chevy.
Top hit on "Chevy cutback racing",
www.gnextinc.com/nascar/news/chevy.html
GM ends sponsorship deals with speedways, drivers and teams: GM obtained court permission Monday to end 56 promotional contracts. Caught in the pile up were 2008 Daytona 500 winner Ryan Newman, 2007 Nationwide Series co-champion Jeff Burton and NASCAR legend Rusty Wallace. The sponsorships were among the contracts left with the “old” GM to ...

gilbert.sam.jr@racewayreport.com
Old 08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Top hit on "Chevy cutback racing",
www.gnextinc.com/nascar/news/chevy.html
I'm well aware that Chevy has been cutting back on many of its racing budgets, including Nascar. I was interested in silverbullitt777 providing links show that Chevy will be pull away from Nascar completely in the next few years. I guess I should have just highlighted
And chevy is done next year
and not
And chevy is done next year, there budget is done and they have already started cutting cars for the 2010 season.
Sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:52 AM
silverbullet777

I'm well aware that Chevy has been cutting back on many of its racing budgets, including Nascar. I was interested in silverbullitt777 providing links show that Chevy will be pull away from Nascar completely in the next few years. I guess I should have just highlighted and not Sorry for the confusion.
When i said done i didnt mean completely out. I meant that the about 60 percent chance of them winning every week was going to be done. That was my fault should of made it clear what i was trying to say sorry for the confusion too.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Personally since Ford isn't making any gains in Sprint Cup I think they should save their money and pack it up. Why spend millions to just lose. There isn't that many teams now anyway. We all know it's not stock bodies or engines and Lord knows how could they be selling cars without any victories.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:03 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daniel60
Personally since Ford isn't making any gains in Sprint Cup I think they should save their money and pack it up. Why spend millions to just lose. There isn't that many teams now anyway. We all know it's not stock bodies or engines and Lord knows how could they be selling cars without any victories.
That's a horrible idea.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:52 PM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

That's a horrible idea.
X2

We need the american car manufacturers to stay in NASCAR. It's one of the things that has made this country a great place to live.

Stock car racing, is as american as apple pie and baseball.

Quick Reply: new NASCAR cars: Impala, Mustang, Challenger