Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

new NASCAR cars: Impala, Mustang, Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 PM
silverbullet777

Originally Posted by Daniel60
Personally since Ford isn't making any gains in Sprint Cup I think they should save their money and pack it up. Why spend millions to just lose. There isn't that many teams now anyway. We all know it's not stock bodies or engines and Lord knows how could they be selling cars without any victories.
I know im new and you have been a member of this site a lot longer than i have but you must not follow nascar very closely because there is so much more that goes into it than winning. Also ford has been running a late 90's model engine and will continue to run it with its chase drivers, (Edwards, Kenseth, Biffle) until the kinks are worked out on the track by the non chase drivers, ( Labonte, Menard, Ragan, McMurray)
The new engine is said to have about 12 more horses than the current one.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Zexford
1st Gear Member

I heard Camaro, Mustang, Challenger
Old 08-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

That would make more sense.

Wait a minute, that's what Trans-Am was/should be.

Cup should be Impala/Charger/Camry/Taurus. Start with true 4/5 passenger sedans and coupes. Not 2 + 2 ponycars.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 08-06-2009 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 AM
silverbullet777

I agree. but i guess nascar is trying to make the nationwide series more muscle (pony car) oriented, or thats what the website said. so they are separating sprint cup and nationwide.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Yeah as long as Chevy wins it's o.k.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Silver_sixxer05
1st Gear Member

LOL....Nascar.... OMG A LEFT TURN!

....I'll stick with races that require a bit of skill thanks.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:35 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daniel60
Personally since Ford isn't making any gains in Sprint Cup I think they should save their money and pack it up. Why spend millions to just lose. There isn't that many teams now anyway. We all know it's not stock bodies or engines and Lord knows how could they be selling cars without any victories.
The Dodge Challenger, the Chevrolet Impala SS and the Toyota Camry are expected be the Nationwide cars next season, NASCAR.com reports.
__________________________________________________ ________
This season Ford debuted its first-ever clean-sheet NASCAR racing engine later this year. Known internally as the FR9, the new V8 shares no parts with its predecessor and is the first modern Ford engine designed specifically for NASCAR. Unlike the last-generation race engine, which, though thoroughly modified, was based on a production Ford 351 engine block, the new FR9 makes full use of the allowable 4.500-inch bore spacing that NASCAR has dictated in its rules. Further, the FR9's cooling and lubrication systems have been completely redesigned, allowing teams to configure their car's grille areas for better aerodynamics.

Ford claims that the engine has been on the drawing board for the last three years, and the new engine has logged thousands of miles on the dyno. The first successful testing on the track also took place last November. Expect to see various NASCAR teams are already using the new FR9.
__________________________________________________ _______

Victories only make up part of their sales. People buy regardless id they win or lose. Heck alot of Ford people don't even follow NASCAR but still buy Fords. Plus their stock on Wall St. is up in addition to a poll stating more people are willing to purchase Ford cars over Dodge & GM because they didn't take GOV $$$
__________________________________________________ ___________
Ford Cars only:
#6,16,17,26,99 -Roush
#98,96 Yates
#08 - Boris Said
#21 - Wood Brothers
Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverbullet777
I agree. but i guess nascar is trying to make the nationwide series more muscle (pony car) oriented, or thats what the website said. so they are separating sprint cup and nationwide.
More or less trying to separate it because 10' Nationwide will be introducing teh COT cars. They don't want as many cup drivers taking data from their over Cup car to Nationwide and visa versa. I guess an unfair advantage???... BS! I say let em race. So their using different bodies styles to tweak the sytem ever so slightly to keep it fair.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:41 PM
silverbullet777

yeah nascar does have a lot of bs rules. They need to quit changing things around and just let the cars race. I would kinda like to see ford gm toyota and dodge have there on body design out there though. Like it used to be.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:03 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverbullet777
yeah nascar does have a lot of bs rules. They need to quit changing things around and just let the cars race. I would kinda like to see ford gm toyota and dodge have there on body design out there though. Like it used to be.
I've been a fan almost my entire life. Yeah.... I'd like to see things change. Or really unchanged; to where things were. I understand the money limit NASCAR is trying to impose but c'mon! These impound rules, engine rules, No testing.... are crap. All time low was achieved with the COT cars. Ya know someone high up @ Nascar needs to get there head oughta there azz and pay attention to fans... hell the media even. TV having been slowly dropping. Noooo all they want is money. Greedy lil son of guns. Well I hope there're happy. Then Im for the diversity program but seriously nascar???? thats not the issue it's beside the point. There wondering what happened to the good ole days of the early 00's and late 90's well lets see shall we?? look what you idiots have done to your sport. Gal... E Sr. must be rolling is his grave (man I miss him). Man the sport where it's at now irks me because I used to be such a diehard.

Quick Reply: new NASCAR cars: Impala, Mustang, Challenger