Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Forgive me but I can't help to think Ford could of made a better looking 2010 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

really guys

still complaining?

all it takes is a few tweaks to make it look really hot, just like the 05-09s
Old 10-17-2009, 08:42 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by THEBLACKSTANG
I don't know. It'll probably take me a little bit to get used to the new exterior, the the s197 interior wins hands down. Now maybe interior quality has improved but the interior's design has gone down hill in my opinion.
My 2 cents: the new interior is bor-ing! Looks too contemporary with the all-too-common SQUARE dash vents. As for the exterior, Ford rounded off the aggressive edges and subdued the accents that gave the s197 a great mean look. The taillights scream "PowderPuff Derby" and the front lights are smaller and more subdued. Here goes Ford swinging back to the ultra-modern look again! Sigh. If this trend continues I'd hate to see what future generations of Mustangs will look like!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:53 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by satur9poet
My 2 cents: the new interior is bor-ing! Looks too contemporary with the all-too-common SQUARE dash vents. As for the exterior, Ford rounded off the aggressive edges and subdued the accents that gave the s197 a great mean look. The taillights scream "PowderPuff Derby" and the front lights are smaller and more subdued. Here goes Ford swinging back to the ultra-modern look again! Sigh. If this trend continues I'd hate to see what future generations of Mustangs will look like!
OMFG! You're right! At this rate the Mustang won't look like a carbon copy of a pre-1970 car anymore! The shame!!!!!!!!

Jeez man. If you are that hard up for retro, just go buy a 65-70 Mustang and be done with it. The S197 was never supposed to the first gen Mustang resurrected.............it was supposed to be the first gen Mustang reincarnated. Having sized up the 2010 in person a number of times, I'm actually quite happy with it. Just a few aftermarket bits (like Joo mentioned) and this car will rock. The 05-09 cars were rather boring in factory trim as well if you ask me. You had to do a few things to really bring out the car's badass-ness.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
The 05-09 cars were rather boring in factory trim as well if you ask me. You had to do a few things to really bring out the car's badass-ness.
I hate to admit it - but he's right. At first, they dropped my jaw, then EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG had them *yawn* and no one was doing any modding. At least around here...

Now though - wow. You have hundreds of ways to make your car yours and yours alone. I'm sure in time, the 10's will be the same. I LOVE the front end, still not feelin' the rear end.

I do have to say the interior on the 10's seems boring to me, but its still a huge improvement over what Chevy has done to the Camaro's interior. The Maro's is fine... love the retro gauge shape, etc. then you get to the center console down low, then it looks like a fat flash back to cheap 90's Sony stereos, but on steroids.

Edit: had to double check - its the STEREO and stereo control ***** in the Camaros that I think look stoooopid.

Last edited by Batenswytch; 10-17-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

opinions are like ******** everyone has one. I do want to switch out my grill just because every one has the same look and blood if I bought a 1970 to 1965 I would be constantly maintaining the damn thing.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Formula
2nd Gear Member

I think the new front end looks sweet (I even like the scoop!). I don't like the back at all.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:18 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

didn't read the whole thing, but i do agree the new look is suffering, i really liked the front end, but i hate the rear end, the lights just aren't for me, i mean maybe if i had one it would grow on me, but i do not like the tail lights or the back of it at all. I do think the hood going over the grill is a more aggressive look, i like that, just not the back.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

I love the new look, best looking stang since the new edge
Old 10-22-2009, 12:17 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

hey what are you trying to say? lol
Old 10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
5T4NG
2nd Gear Member

well if trends continue the next styling will be the size of a civic and boxy, then in 20 years another sick looking stang model will be produced. lol just kidden i like the new edge and s197s exterior, i like the 10s interior a little better though.

I think we all can agree that Ford is hopefully going in the right direction by upping the power trains of the mustang lineup

Quick Reply: Forgive me but I can't help to think Ford could of made a better looking 2010 mustang