Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford's Economic Plan Proves to be Sucessful

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:05 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by RogerDodger1
The Obama administration forced these companies to swallow this bitter pill.

Regardless, the core problem of American companies having financial ills is the oppressive rate of taxes they are forced to pay. This is precisely why so many American companies are relocating oversea's. Our government, that we elected, is driving them out of the country and with it, American jobs. But, the American people don't need jobs, do we? Sigh.......
-They were not forced to swallow that pill. They were offered the loans, that's why Ford left the table without repercussions. There was no, "You must take these loans!"
-Jobs have been going overseas for the past 10 odd years. Don't blame this on the current government, which has only been in power for what...six months? Cheap employment in 3rd world countries are forcing businesses to do what they do best....make money.
-This is incredibly off topic...sooo back to Ford!

I really hope Ford takes this chance to keep improving their overall quality...Take a bite into that "Japanese cars are far superior to American" mentality.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Free Agent

GM 1st quarter '09: -6 billion
Ford 1st quarter '09: -1.4 billion
Gm 2nd quarter '09: -6.3 billion (corrected)
Ford 2nd quarter '09: +750 million
GM 3rd quarter '09: -115 million
Ford 3rd quarter '09: +997 million
Congrats to Ford. Could I ask where you got the GM numbers for the 3rd quarter? I haven't seen them yet. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
mustangcat

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=MTLQQ.PK
Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Free Agent

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:22 PM
mustangcat

Sure thing man!
I wonder what this final quarter will hold for the American automakers...
Old 11-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I am True Blue and hope to always be that way. I am very happy and excited to see a profit (be a small profit). But....Ford better watch out as the Union and UAW have rejected the latest Union contract proposal for 2011.

Matthew
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 AM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

and now the Union is using the past two quarters of non-loss, ford still massively in debt, to say that they not only don't need to agree to the new higher wage freeze, and it looks like the union is going to ask for more money. not that the union has done a damn thing to help the big three out.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I agree 100%. I work for a Union company (but am not Union) and think that they need to go. They are sucking the life out of a company (Ford) right now that is just fighting not to drowned. There was a time and place for Unions but this is no longer the time or place, Unions should be shut down.

Matthew
Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

I don't understand why Ford can't just fire Union workers and get non-union workers.

Couldn't they systematically eliminate the union one plant at a time?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by dagamore
and now the Union is using the past two quarters of non-loss, ford still massively in debt, to say that they not only don't need to agree to the new higher wage freeze, and it looks like the union is going to ask for more money. not that the union has done a damn thing to help the big three out.
I saw that in the news this morning and thought "Damn vultures". Here Ford is, doing all it can to stay in business, and here they are, wanting even MORE money, when like its been said here - the fourth quarter may be horrible. And while I believe Unions have their uses - the FOP has done wonders for law enforcement in Oklahoma, my spouse is a member, and my granpa is a retired union man (battery plant) - The UAW needs to get a grip. We had a friend worked in Detroit for five years and one day on a visit he told us:

In three years, the big three will go under - the UAW is killing them. Just watch...

That was a little over three years ago.

Quick Reply: Ford's Economic Plan Proves to be Sucessful