Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I love this car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 AM
sbrimer
1st Gear Member

Default I love this car!!!!!

Well, I am probably older than the majority of you, I turned 45 this past Halloween, and I had an experience with this car that I just wanted to share.

I have only owned this car for about 8 months and it the first Mustang I have owned since 1990. Well, I have really enjoyed the car from the day I test drove it and I was sold.

Anyway..........

About 5:30 pm last night, here in Alabama the weather was clear and 55 degrees, and I had just had enough with work, the president, our government, the economy and everything else. So, I took the stang out, let the windows down and went for a 60 MPH ride on some nice backroads. Just a little me time.

Wow, to say the least. No radio, no cell phone,no place to be just the sound of the exhaust. I know this sounds like a car commercial, but it was absolute therapy. I was smiling and really thinking about how GOOD things are instead of how bad they are. I kept thinking to myself what a joy it is to simply drive this car. I never thought I could feel this way about a CAR.

After about an hour, I decided to listen to a little music and (I'm showing my age here) started listening to a Peter Frampton and finished the drive with a little Kiss. I drove home and the wife noticed that I was different than when I had left. All she said was, " I hope you and your "Grabber Orange" girlfriend got to know each other and had a good time." I said, " Yes we did," and thought, "Cool, she understands."

Man I really love this car.

Is this a great country or what?

Scott
Old 11-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

MAN I love that story. Im sure that most of the people on this website can relate to you. I have to say that I love to go for a drive to get "away from it all" just listen to the car, smell the fresh air. God must be a Mustang fan!

Matthew
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 AM
CobraCurt
2nd Gear Member

Cars are great for relieving stress.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 AM
DamnItzHenry
1st Gear Member

I know what you mean. It just feels great to take the car out and just drive, doesn't matter where I go, as long as I'm just driving I can finally be at peace.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CobraCurt
Cars are great for relieving stress.
lol well atleast fun cars, idk if driving a sienna would be stress relieving lol
Old 11-05-2009, 10:33 AM
VistaBlue GT
2nd Gear Member

nice story. thanks for sharing! it's a blast to just go for a drive sometimes by yourself.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:54 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbrimer
Well, I am probably older than the majority of you, I turned 45 this past Halloween, and I had an experience with this car that I just wanted to share.

I have only owned this car for about 8 months and it the first Mustang I have owned since 1990. Well, I have really enjoyed the car from the day I test drove it and I was sold.

Anyway..........

About 5:30 pm last night, here in Alabama the weather was clear and 55 degrees, and I had just had enough with work, the president, our government, the economy and everything else. So, I took the stang out, let the windows down and went for a 60 MPH ride on some nice backroads. Just a little me time.

Wow, to say the least. No radio, no cell phone,no place to be just the sound of the exhaust. I know this sounds like a car commercial, but it was absolute therapy. I was smiling and really thinking about how GOOD things are instead of how bad they are. I kept thinking to myself what a joy it is to simply drive this car. I never thought I could feel this way about a CAR.

After about an hour, I decided to listen to a little music and (I'm showing my age here) started listening to a Peter Frampton and finished the drive with a little Kiss. I drove home and the wife noticed that I was different than when I had left. All she said was, " I hope you and your "Grabber Orange" girlfriend got to know each other and had a good time." I said, " Yes we did," and thought, "Cool, she understands."

Man I really love this car.

Is this a great country or what?

Scott
Great story! I'm 46 and I love my car too and I would like to leave you with an open invite to Southern Stang Mustang Club. Here is our forum address: http://www.southernstang.com/forums/...t.aspx?g=forum We are a Birmingham based club but have members from all over even as far out as Oxford. Stop by check out the site and come on out and meet the group. We are out doing something every weekend, shows, cruise-in's you name it.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:11 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

This thread is encouraging. At 28, I'm starting to worry if I'll still be able to enjoy the simple things later in life.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbrimer
So, I took the stang out, let the windows down and went for a 60 MPH ride on some nice backroads. Just a little me time.

Understanding "fun to drive" is something you pretty much have to find out for yourself. It's something that comes from within and can't really be taught, depicted in advertising, or demonstrated on a test drive. Some folks find out earlier or later than others. Some never do.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it's more closely related to traditional sports car drives and motorcycle rides than either drag-racing or cruising.

replica - is this your question?
Originally Posted by Beach Boys
When i grow up to be a man/
Will i dig the same things that turn me on as a kid?
Just keep enjoying them from one day to the next. Seems to be working so far (62 is less than a week away as I type this). Maybe a part of you needs to remain a kid???

Norm
Old 11-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Understanding "fun to drive" is something you pretty much have to find out for yourself. It's something that comes from within and can't really be taught, depicted in advertising, or demonstrated on a test drive. Some folks find out earlier or later than others. Some never do.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it's more closely related to traditional sports car drives and motorcycle rides than either drag-racing or cruising.

replica - is this your question?

Just keep enjoying them from one day to the next. Seems to be working so far (62 is less than a week away as I type this). Maybe a part of you needs to remain a kid???

Norm
I loved our first S197 so much, I bought another. Windows down radio off, listening to the pipes. That is pure Heaven. No boss, no wife, no kids, no grandkids, no bills. Just me, and one of the Mustangs. If I get really melancholy I'll switch on my Beach Boys CD and remember the days growing up in So Cal.

Quick Reply: I love this car!!!!!